Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanctuary - Whats the Point of It

Sigh. Got my derby horseshoes on Monday. Got my two puzzle boats yesterday.

Now what???

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    It's a new type of update. Not ur typical, same old same old, new machines, new products, new land update. It's different and a goal to work towards. It's a chore to earn those puzzle pieces but I'm ok with the challenge.
    It is definitely a something different and I am happy to work towards obtaining the animals too.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    As someone who spends a great deal of my time in town serving visitors, my favorite part of the sanctuary is the new river, river walk, waterfall and estuary.

I've watched the fully developed sanctuary in Greg's town, and am not impressed with the fact that the animals function like the Hogwarts ghosts--walking through each other and the nice landscape features we place. That has always been something that annoyed me about my farm pets. I would have thought that the development of the sanctuary was a place to experiment with coding to keep the animals "solid".

In my opinion, the sanctuary is a huge investment of "space" in all the senses of the word as it relates to the game that is essentially passive. Feeding another pet, nothing new. Searching for puzzle pieces, I'm already over that--and quit doing it as soon as I realized that I couldn't choose which puzzle to complete.
    I would like the puzzle pieces to go towards a specific animal instead of being random as mine seem to be. I got a piece from a red mystery box today but it went to the beige giraffe rather than the elephant that I have many more pieces for I guess it will happen eventually.

Farm Level 180. Town 55. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by illinirick View Post
    I don't dislike the sanctuary, but agree the drop frequency needs to be tweaked. I have noticed some higher coin drops (1600 vs 400) lately and wonder if that is due to having a second animal. It's still 400 or so 3 times out of 4.

If was definitely one of the weaker updates.
    I got a larger coin drop yesterday but still have only one giraffe! I decided last week that I would be very old by the time I get a second animal if I even get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelet View Post

Now what???
    Step 1) Get some diamonds

Step 2) Find mystery boxes

Step 3) Open mystery boxes

Step 4) Profit???

I too have read all the above posts. Nothing much I can add but my weight to the argument that the sanctuary is currently so underwhelming. It is just a cash cow for Supercell in tempting us to spend diamonds to open mystery boxes and chase the elusive puzzle pieces. Therefore each to their own as this suits some but not others. I'm hoping that future updates place buildings inside the sanctuary that we can develop and expand with TEM's.
    Last edited by Sooty123; July 12th, 2017 at 11:25 AM.
    Farm 253 - Town 86
    Barn 14,000 - Silo 12,900
    203 Scrolls to go!
    kik: perky76

I'm looking forward to adding a hydro electric dam at the waterfall.

I tried to move the town hall to the sanctuary, buy it won't stay there.

I am very indifferent to the sanctuary. Won't spend a single diamond trying to get puzzle pieces, so I may never have more than one animal and that's okay. I feed the one I have when I remember, use the feed to keep my mills running easier for mastery, and mostly just ignore it. Almost all of the town visitors I get that want to visit it want to visit 3 shops first, and I still just send them away because its not worth it, IMO. I might serve a 2 stop townie, but it depends on which shops/items they want, so they get sent away mostly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelet View Post

Now what???
    rinse, repeat, Rae

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    I'm looking forward to adding a hydro electric dam at the waterfall.

I tried to move the town hall to the sanctuary, buy it won't stay there.
    How about a water wheel powering a small mill instead, that will use corn and wheat to make treats for the sanctuary animals? You can give them a treat every 2 hours, and get a BEM/SEM/LEM drop.

Now THAT would make them worth messing with!!

UPDATE: I just posted that over in Ideas, so to avoid taking this thread off track, please post your comments there
    Last edited by PerkyCox; July 12th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

For what it is worth, I emailed support about them claiming more animals = better gifts issue. Their response was that they based the better gifts statement on the fact there would be more drops. Such as, if you have all 6 animals, then you will never get a town visitor that wants to see something you don't have.

I guess this makes sense... Better gifts (other than coin and XP) is sort of limited to what they can actually gift in the game.

Personally, I would like to see XP and diamonds added to the townie sanctuary drops as well. The coin is nice, and the EMs/saws/axes, but a little more of a variety would be nice. It would be also great if they increased the drops for caring for the animals themselves. They do not seem inline with the farm animals for item drops.