Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanctuary - Whats the Point of It

The Sanctuary - Whats the Point of It

Is it just me or is the Sanctuary the most underwhelming update we have received. I am not normally negative about hayday updates but it brings nothing to the game what so ever, and there is nothing to do at the Sanctuary apart from feed the few animals you may have. I have received no drops from the animals what so ever and only time I receive a gift is when someone visits. I thought it was supposed to be from both animals and visitors?

Not sure if anything will be added at a later date but for me its just pointless at the moment! And its the same feed for all the different animals you have just thought there would be a little more to it than just feed and collect a few jigsaw pieces!

Maybe its just me....

Pro Member
    I feed my animal every day two times,
    I got one tool since the update :-(

very rare townies would see the animals, but if I get two tools from them

that's all!

no more or no less than cats, dogs, bunnies ...

unfortunately!

// and I hope I get an answer...

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10585033
    Last edited by Elfriede; July 10th, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigw09 View Post
    Is it just me or is the Sanctuary the most underwhelming update we have received. I am not normally negative about hayday updates but it brings nothing to the game what so ever, and there is nothing to do at the Sanctuary apart from feed the few animals you may have. I have received no drops from the animals what so ever and only time I receive a gift is when someone visits. I thought it was supposed to be from both animals and visitors?

Not sure if anything will be added at a later date but for me its just pointless at the moment! And its the same feed for all the different animals you have just thought there would be a little more to it than just feed and collect a few jigsaw pieces!

Maybe its just me....

I think the vast majority of people feel the same. There's really nothing 'to do'. Chuck some feed at them evtery 10 hours and about every 10/12 times get a 'drop'. Ho hum. Then wait, wait, wait for puzzle pieces, there's nothing 'active' you can do to get them (except open boxes)... I've no idea if they have anything else planned for it or not...but I can't imagine so.
    Last edited by SmallChange; July 10th, 2017 at 02:54 PM.
    FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 164 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Yeah I feel for the amount of time invested into this large update its given us nothing more to do apart from feed a few more animals for the same resources we get from our pets! I thought it was going to be more involved somehow, but alas nope not the case!

Would the time not have been better invested into giving us a greenhouse with herbs and flowers or a Tool shed for using the dead trees you chop down to make chairs and tables etc for your farm at least we would have had something else to do.

Something new to look at is just pointless!
    Last edited by Craigw09; July 10th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

I don't think the sanctuary "adds" anything to the game but I like the challenge of going on the hunt for PPs and I am having fun thinking up cool names for my sanctuary animals. I read somewhere that the drops for animals happen every 10 feeds. I haven't gotten one yet but I also haven't been counting my feeds so.... :shrug: Its not like the sanctuary hurts anything so I suggest you have fun with it.

Rhubi in Wonderland
    | Main Farm Level: 90 |136/144 | Rep Level: 20 | VM me
    Winter has come and gone

Banned
    It's a new type of update. Not ur typical, same old same old, new machines, new products, new land update. It's different and a goal to work towards. It's a chore to earn those puzzle pieces but I'm ok with the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    It's a new type of update. Not ur typical, same old same old, new machines, new products, new land update. It's different and a goal to work towards. It's a chore to earn those puzzle pieces but I'm ok with the challenge.
    I appreciate that, but my point is it brings nothing to the game, nor does it give you anything to do. The puzzle pieces are collected like all other stuff so its still same old same old but for a piece of a jigsaw, I was expecting a new game mode or something interesting to obtain the puzzle pieces not another 2 year wait to collect them all to be honest, its a big let down imo.

Forum Superstar
    It doens't really do much of anything for you except for an extra goal and some extra rewards, no. But I think it's cute and fun
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019! Level 101 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! ~not anymore~ - Might unlock all this land by 2025. Maybe.
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 66/Rep 17~

i think the point of it was to add a new revenue stream to the game, in the form of diamond purchases.

think of how much diamonds / dollars were spent by the people who wanted to be 'first' to have more of / all the animals - hundreds if not thousands of boxes opened to unlock another animal via the red tool chests...

then think of how everyone went crazy calling in boats early during the puzzle piece boat event. people who rarely spend diamonds were spending hundreds to collect more pieces for the animals. and thanking SC for the opportunity!

i think that's really what it comes down to, another source of income, disguised as a 'fun new feature!'

it's not really very far-sighted though, because while the challenge is real now, and it is designed to take a loooong time (except for special events, etc.), when all pieces are collected we just have 6 more pets to feed and collect crappy gifts from.
    Join our hood: Anchor Down / Yellow Ship Wheel on Blue Circle / Tag #80CGC2Y8

Quote Originally Posted by shadyacre View Post
    i think the point of it was to add a new revenue stream to the game, in the form of diamond purchases.

think of how much diamonds / dollars were spent by the people who wanted to be 'first' to have more of / all the animals - hundreds if not thousands of boxes opened to unlock another animal via the red tool chests...

then think of how everyone went crazy calling in boats early during the puzzle piece boat event. people who rarely spend diamonds were spending hundreds to collect more pieces for the animals. and thanking SC for the opportunity!

i think that's really what it comes down to, another source of income, disguised as a 'fun new feature!'

it's not really very far-sighted though, because while the challenge is real now, and it is designed to take a loooong time (except for special events, etc.), when all pieces are collected we just have 6 more pets to feed and collect crappy gifts from.
    Yes I have to agree with you here.