Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby farm

Centennial Club

Baby farm

I resently startet my baby farm - just reached lvl 14... My main farm is 116
    How do you run your baby farms ?
    For what do you use them ?
    Could use some ideas 💡

Baby farms are excellent for helping with dairy and sugar products. they generally are there to support the main farm. I found it very useful to upgrade the city to max visitors which help a lot when the main farm gets a visitor task in derby. I do not expend a lot of time in it, but still do enough to get all machines, so it can be more supportive of the main farm.
    Farm: The Startled Hen
    level 112
    #QCQ2RV9U

Mine really helps keep up with dairy, sugar, juices, ice cream and honey. And fish and lobster. Most product goes to my main farm now, but early on I sent a lot of product to the baby farm to speed through the lower levels. Looking forward to a few more level ups so I can get to the sauce maker and never worry about soy sauce again ☺. I'm currently in a hood with only the baby farm, so it is nice to have visitors for pickup frequently (I worked the town a lot to get the train up to 14 passengers as soon as possible).

I also found my feed mills very valuable, especially for producing those that take a longer time like goat and sheep.

Same with the fields. For growing those crops that take a long time but are not so easily found in the paper. Lettuce, tomato, onion and most recently tea leaves.
    Getting all the machines can be quite useful for filling boat orders or when a truck event is on.

<fingers in ears> la la la la la...

I will not be tempted into a baby farm

FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 164 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I use my baby farm to produce dairy/sugar products and feed when I am doing a task but i mainly use it as a tool shed.

Rhubi in Wonderland
    | Main Farm Level: 90 |136/144 | Rep Level: 20 | VM me
    Winter has come and gone

I use mine for dairy and sugar. Also it's great for extra storage and when I get free Tom running him for saws etc.

It's kind of like the vacation weekend home. Just go and hang around not doing much.

Farm level: 239 Silo 11,750 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    <fingers in ears> la la la la la...

It's fun Nat. Go for it. Brings back memeories of growing wheat and corn to get coins for your bread maker. Your first cow. LoL

Farm level: 239 Silo 11,750 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

Quote Originally Posted by Bestajunior View Post
    It's fun Nat. Go for it. Brings back memeories of growing wheat and corn to get coins for your bread maker. Your first cow. LoL

...and there lies the problem

There's just NO WAY I could leave it alone, I'd want to get this, do that, make those...and it would be a Big Old Farm in no time!

I allow HD to take up WAY too much of my time as it is. If I had another farm I'd have to stop working, find the local food delivery companies & get a water proof cover for my iPad so I could take it in the shower... 🤣😂
    FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 164 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I mostly use mine for extra dairy/sugar and storage, but also my main farm no longer gets free diamonds (except rarely from the mine or events) because I've purchased them in the past, so I use my baby farm's ever growing stash of diamonds to hire Tom from time to time if I get low on saws/axes, or diamond rings. This is less needed since the boosters were added, but still useful. It's also good for providing town visitors and an easy way to arrange helps for help tasks.
    Last edited by Alythara; July 8th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.