Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another engineering solution

Yet another engineering solution

How about this for an engineering solution? I may be way out there, which is fine and normal for me, but I'm thinking this:

In a war matchup we get 2 attacks each. Clans both roster engineer and base engineer to take advantage of this. Many of us agree attacking down is boring and skilless and we want fairer wars.

What if in war a base that got 3 starred by a townhall lower than them lost an offensive attack?

Strategically a team could attack early to take out key "weapons" or hard hitting (high offense) bases so they would have half the offensive advantage.

It wouldn't behoove a clan to bring lopsided bases because they may be disadvantaged for doing so. However a well coordinated rushed, .5, or defenseless clan could also execute early and still strategically play thier way.

Every minute practice attacking could jepordize an attack. While most fair matchups will not ever lose a strike.

What would be the new engineering meta?

That is a pretty cool idea - I would think it would discourage engineering significantly. Casual rushers would also be hurt, but that usually seems deserved... .5 bases would also be slightly vulnerable, but that would give them the incentive to upgrade their bases. I like it!
    IGN: Hawker / Leader of Army of Dragons (#2L88RQQR) / Casual but competitive war clan - apply in game or message Hawker_CoC on Kik messenger.

Centennial Club
    Haha, brilliant. I haven't seen this idea before, I like it.

I've often been surprised by some well thought out problems with most of the engineering solutions, so let's see if anyone thinks of something wrong with this idea.

It would mean that defenceless TH11 at the bottom of the roster would just use both attacks immediately to make them both count. Perhaps their second attack could be disqualified if they subsequently get 3* by a TH8.

Forum Champion
    And what happens if two clans with conventional bases progressing as normal, meet in war ?

The team with max th7s hit the th8s the moment battle day starts and the other clan just wears the fact they lose attacks ? No thanks.
    How about when the higher th has used both attacks and then get 3 starred by a lower th ? Which attack doesn't count and why ?

While your idea introduces interesting ideas for battle days, it isn't really a solution. It just creates different issues, some which inconvenience clans who rarely if ever face engineers.
    Last edited by OzAudi; June 28th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groglet View Post

I've often been surprised by some well thought out problems with most of the engineering solutions, so let's see if anyone thinks of something wrong with this idea.

It would mean that defenceless TH11 at the bottom of the roster would just use both attacks immediately to make them both count. Perhaps their second attack could be disqualified if they subsequently get 3* by a TH8.
    A defenseless th11 would still need 3min to complete thier first hit. In which time a th<11 could steal thier 2nd hit. And they would have no practice time if they had to attack out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    And what happens if two clans with conventional bases progressing as normal, meet in war ?

The team with max th7s hit the th8s the moment battle day starts and the other clan just wears the fact they lose attacks ? No thanks.
    How about when the higher th has used both attacks and then get 3 starred by a lower th ? Which attack doesn't count and why ?

While your idea introduces interesting ideas for battle days, it isn't really a solution. It just creates different issues, some which inconvenience clans who rarely if ever face engineers.
    Two clans with conventional bases would hardly see an effect because they would be matched with equal and fair opponent.

Also why shouldn't 3starring a th up than thiers not give an advantage. I say you must be a decent attacker to take out a normal +1.

If both attacks are already used than of course niether is negated. That's the defenders fault for not curtailing a 2nd attack in the first 6 minutes.

How often does a th8+ 3star a th9+ unless the th9+ is engineered of sorts?

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherCarey View Post
    A defenseless th11 would still need 3min to complete thier first hit. In which time a th<11 could steal thier 2nd hit. And they would have no practice time if they had to attack out of the gate.

Two clans with conventional bases would hardly see an effect because they would be matched with equal and fair opponent.

Also why shouldn't 3starring a th up than thiers not give an advantage. I say you must be a decent attacker to take out a normal +1.

If both attacks are already used than of course niether is negated. That's the defenders fault for not curtailing a 2nd attack in the first 6 minutes.

How often does a th8+ 3star a th9+ unless the th9+ is engineered of sorts?
    I gave the example of a th7 taking 3 stars from a th8 because it's a fairly routine occurrence. A well designed max th8 can withstand a th7 dragloon but most give up 3 stars.

Two clans they don't engineer WOULD be affected. It might even come down to who is on deck at battle day start. That is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Groglet View Post

I gave the example of a th7 taking 3 stars from a th8 because it's a fairly routine occurrence. A well designed max th8 can withstand a th7 dragloon but most give up 3 stars.

Two clans they don't engineer WOULD be affected. It might even come down to who is on deck at battle day start. That is unfair.
    I see what you're getting at, but you are supposing that only one team would have all th7 while the other only has th8s. Why wouldn't both teams go up to preclude the others attacks? Therein is the strategy. How is it unfair when both teams can negate another's attack? Where are these all th7 clans that regularly triple th8s you speak of, I have yet to see any.

Forum Champion
    I see what you're getting at, but you are supposing that only one team would have all th7 while the other only has th8s. Why wouldn't both teams go up to preclude the others attacks? Therein is the strategy. How is it unfair when both teams can negate another's attack? Where are these all th7 clans that regularly triple th8s you speak of, I have yet to see any.
    Until you mentioned "all th7", no one else did. No idea why though. Kinda like you raised th8 and th9 when my post highlighted th7 and th8.

If you need to resort to red herrings and deliberate misinterpretation of other's posts to counter them, what does that say about the strength of your proposal ??

Two clans run a range of th. The clan that attacks and 3 stars higher th first, gains an immediate advantage. That is far, far worse than facing engineers.

You idea might be novel but it's flawed.

Many of us agree attacking down is boring and skilless and we want fairer wars.
    You can have that right now, without SC scrambling the game. Look into the No Dip League.

A couple of downsides to the idea - this mitigates the engineering advantage ONLY if the opposing team can attack early. Standard would become get your engineered hits in early & boosted, while opposing team needs to make the right tactical choice (who hits who) within the first minutes of war & get it done. Seems a pretty random, variable partial fix.
    Rushers have it tough already - I've pulled triples (my th9 vs th10) twice in the past month (of course one was rushed and both bases were bad), why should they lose an attack on top of the shame of getting cleared by a reach up? It's common to not care about rushers on this forum, but I doubt SC shares that opinion.
    I don't really see the 'fairness' either - we have a matchmaking problem, the fix should be to the matchmaker not an offsetting battle day mechanic.

The biggest problem as always is SC. A million suggestions come and go, you won't get them implemented and you won't get an answer why not. If I were them I'd probably run it the same way though.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

It might even come down to who is on deck at battle day start. That is unfair.
    That's an important point to make. The 24 hour period for war gives each clan all the opportunity to get their attacks in when they can, with some allowance for us to have the rest of our lives.
    View Kick Smurf Information: https://cocp.it/clan/R0U88CYQ