View Poll Results: How did you like the cards?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Moon- Amazing

3 60.00%
  • New Moon- Decent

1 20.00%
  • New Moon- Terrible

1 20.00%
  • Full Moon- Amazing

2 40.00%
  • Full Moon- Decent

2 40.00%
  • Full Moon- Terrible

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: {Card Ideas} New Moon & Full Moon

Pleased to Meet You Destroyer864's Avatar

{Card Ideas} New Moon & Full Moon

[Disclaimer: These are two different ideas with opposite effects on the battlefield however, since everything else is almost exactly the same I've decided to put them into one thread for the most constructive feedback.]

New Moon

Table of Contents
    1. Overview
    2. Graphics & Statistics
    3. Field Description
    4. Strategies
    5. Balance Changes Log

Overview:
    -Unlocks in Frozen Peak (2300+)
    -Spell Card

2 Elixir

-Rare Rarity
    -Helpful in Defense
    -Dims the screen when played

Graphics & Statistics
    http://

Field Image:

A dark circle is placed in the middle of the opponent's side of the battlefield and that side of the battlefield will dim slightly for the duration of the spell.

Strategies
    Ever wanted to get another shot off on a troop so it’d be destroyed or make a troop get one less hit on your Tower? Well now that’s possible with New Moon! This card is great at putting an end to two lane pushes as you can support both side with one spell! This can also save you from having to put down an extra defensive troop or spell in the other lane to stop an offensive troop when you could have had it support your upcoming push. Troops with already high Hit Speed times will be severely hindered. These troops could include, Balloon, Sparky, P.E.K.K.A, Bowler, Golem as well as many more!

Balance Changes Log:

Last edited by Destroyer864; June 26th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.

Full Moon

Table of Contents:

1. Overview
    2. Graphics & Statistics
    3. Field Description
    4. Strategies

5. Balance Changes Log
    6. General FAQ

Overview:

-Unlocks in Jungle Arena (2600+)
    -Spell Card
    -2 Elixir
    -Rare Rarity
    -Helpful in Offense-Brightens the screen when played

Graphics & Statistics

Field Image:

A glowing circle will be placed in the middle of the opponent's side of the battlefield and that side of the arena will slightly brighten for the duration of the spell.

Strategies
    Ever wanted to get an extra hit on your opponent's tower of finish off a low health troop? Well now you can with Full Moon! This card will help you in executing double lane pushes as you support both sides for just 2 elixir. While you may still need a Splash Damage troop to go with your tank for maximum damage this might allow an extra hit on the tower. This can be a big boost to high damage units such as Sparky, Balloon, P.E.K.K.A, Three Musketeers and so much more. Goblin Barrel Decks also become better as those can’t be taken out by the tower with one shot.

Balance Changes Log

New & Full Moon FAQ:
    (Will add more as needed)

Q: How will this affect the Inferno Dragon?
    A: It will be affected just like any other troop depending on what side of the field it is on and whose Inferno Dragon it is.
    Q: Will this affect troops spawned from huts such as Spear Goblins from a Goblin Hut?
    A: Of course they are just like any other Spear Goblins once they are spawned.
    Q: Will this affect the Goblin Barrels flight time since Goblins are inside?
    A: No, this is a spell card and as such won’t have an affected on this card until the Goblins are spawned much like Skeletons for a Graveyard.
    Q: Will this have an affect on the Princess?
    A: No, the Princess will not be affected by either of the spells unless she is pushed to the other side of the map during the duration of the spell.

Please only vote for one option per card and give your reason for the choice you gave by posting a message!
    Last edited by Destroyer864; June 26th, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman in the realest sense. Go Gal Go!
    I like this card idea for it's completely unique, a different kind of spell and very much viable in the game. I just feel that if the New moon boosts allied troops hit speed, the full moon should slow down opponent's troops hit speed.

Nice work. The thread is well done too.
    Do I've to wake up? It feels good here.

Forum Gallery|AMA|Latest card idea: Rainmaker
    SigPic Courtesy: DragonX101

Quote Originally Posted by Sammydict View Post
    I like this card idea for it's completely unique, a different kind of spell and very much viable in the game. I just feel that if the New moon boosts allied troops hit speed, the full moon should slow down opponent's troops hit speed.

Nice work. The thread is well done too.
    Thank you! Actually though New Moon decreases the opponents Hit Speed as an increase makes it slower while Full Moon decreases your Hit Speed making your troops hit faster.

Banned
    This is awesome! Such an amazing thread!

So the New Moon is a defensive spell since it's only on your side of the map?

Full moon = not much difference than Rage.
    New moon = poison used to slow down troops attack speed, but poison being 4 elixir, it was deemed OP with giant pushes. A 2 elixir spell with the same thing, hmmmm.

not to mention .3 is extremely high for fast hitting units, while barely anything for slower hitting units...

Quote Originally Posted by XypherKid23 View Post
    This is awesome! Such an amazing thread!
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePanda View Post
    So the New Moon is a defensive spell since it's only on your side of the map?
    Yes New Moon can only be played on your side of the map and is 100% defensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie652 View Post
    Full moon = not much difference than Rage.
    New moon = poison used to slow down troops attack speed, but poison being 4 elixir, it was deemed OP with giant pushes. A 2 elixir spell with the same thing, hmmmm.

not to mention .3 is extremely high for fast hitting units, while barely anything for slower hitting units...
    The thing different from rage is that Full Moon can't be used on your side of the map. So you can't use it for towers, elixir collectors etc.

As for New Moon as said above it is only defensive so it would not pair as an offensive spell with a Giant or any other unit in your offensive push.I'll keep in mind reducing the speed if more people don't think 0.3 is balanced.
    Last edited by Destroyer864; July 6th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer864 View Post
    Thank you so much!

Yes New Moon can only be played on your side of the map and is 100% defensive.

The thing different from rage is that Full Moon can't be used on your side of the map. So you can't use it for towers, elixir collectors etc.

As for New Moon as said above it is only defensive so it would not pair as an offensive spell with a Giant or any other unit in your offensive push.I'll keep in mind reducing the speed if more people don't think 0.3 is balanced.
    I rarely ever see anyone use rage on their tower, elixir collector... not to mention it doesn't affect buildings. it says so right there on the card. Rage boosts offensive capabilities. Lumberjack + full moon= GG

New Moon: On the other hand, poison Was used (and still is used) on their own side of the Arena. New moon not being able to be cast on the opponent's side would kill the card.
    Take a Hog Rider (hitspeed 1.5) a .3 increase against hog attacking you if you cast full moon. 1.5 turns into 1.8, a 20% slowdown. An Ice Wizard has a 35% slowdown effect (as well as lasts longer than 5 seconds) makes a Hog attack every 2.025 seconds.
    Sorry, but I don't see new moon being a good card.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie652 View Post
    I rarely ever see anyone use rage on their tower, elixir collector... not to mention it doesn't affect buildings. it says so right there on the card. Rage boosts offensive capabilities. Lumberjack + full moon= GG

New Moon: On the other hand, poison Was used (and still is used) on their own side of the Arena. New moon not being able to be cast on the opponent's side would kill the card.
    Take a Hog Rider (hitspeed 1.5) a .3 increase against hog attacking you if you cast full moon. 1.5 turns into 1.8, a 20% slowdown. An Ice Wizard has a 35% slowdown effect (as well as lasts longer than 5 seconds) makes a Hog attack every 2.025 seconds.
    Sorry, but I don't see new moon being a good card.
    Sorry I didn't realize you replied. I appreciate your criticism for both of the cards and will consider changing some things as more people give their opinion on both of my cards.