Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Features............

I'm kinda feeling like rwelshjr said in an earlier post, apathy is setting in as far as the rep system goes. I've seen several post over last few days that I would have downvoted for being toxic or rude previously. Now it's like mehh, I don't feel like messing with it

Quote Originally Posted by Krastor View Post
    I'm kinda feeling like rwelshjr said in an earlier post, apathy is setting in as far as the rep system goes. I've seen several post over last few days that I would have downvoted for being toxic or rude previously. Now it's like mehh, I don't feel like messing with it
    If you are active in CR subforum, you may see the difference. Too much toxicity and rude post there, since the main factor from CR is DECK. You may see many people complaining and mocking spesific decks and cards. It deserve downvote. Honestly i cant give downvote very often since im using mobile site. And its just not worth it to switch to full site. Maybe we should have Rep button for mobile site
    Last edited by OneEyedOwl; June 19th, 2017 at 12:18 AM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKhalid View Post
    Im afraid if that is the truth, , honestly im not active at CoC Forum, so i didnt know how the Neg Rep situation there, but i will make you sure, many people trying to "play" this rep system to express their negative feeling and revenge each other.
    Unlike you, we mods can see all the reputation cast, and we see all the complaints about "wrong" reputation.

I can assure you that so far, that is minimal. Yes, there have been a few cases, but only a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexheney View Post
    Well based on experience so far, that isn't going to happen.

But if it did, then we would probably turn off formatting, if it was causing so much annyance that anybody using any at all was getting downvoted.

You could.

Again, it seems extremely unlikely, based on experience so far that this is going to happen to any significant extent.

There are a lot of possibilities for abuse of the rep system which would make it not worth having if they became the norm. A lot of these possibilities were pointed out when it was first announced, before the trial began.

But based on our experiences so far, while some of these abuses are happening, it is pretty occaisional. NOt to an extent to cause issues with the system overall.

Obviously I am taking things to the extreme and I know you are right and it isnt going to happen.

But if it was to happen wouldnt it be better to remove the downvote system as opposed to removing formatting?

Quote Originally Posted by evertonjeff View Post
    Obviously I am taking things to the extreme and I know you are right and it isnt going to happen.

But if it was to happen wouldnt it be better to remove the downvote system as opposed to removing formatting?
    Why? If everyone hates people using the formatting options so much that they're downvoting each other over it, then why would we keep options open that people are vocally against?
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    Why? If everyone hates people using the formatting options so much that they're downvoting each other over it, then why would we keep options open that people are vocally against?
    Because Alex said that he feels using the formatting as such to emphasise a point cos be useful. The rep downvote system not so much.

And I am coming more from the stance of people downvoting formatting because it's allowed and seen as a legitimate reason. Not because they necessarily feel it deserves a downvote. As I have said many times the downvote could be used in a pedantic way. For example you are a great poster and I read every post I see from you without fail, in fact I love it when I see that star. However if you said something I disagreed with. I could pedantically downvote you for the fact you have used color for 'The Ivory War' because that color annoys me and you have ever said has really warranted a downvote. So it gives me a easy way to downvote you with no comeback.

I know a few have said we will judge etc, but that's what I meant when their opinion means more than mine. You get me? Because there are no rules for it (there should be) it's all on opinions as to what should stay and go. In my head it shouldn't be that way.

As I say Tiler I am just playing devils advocate, because frankly I don't care about my rep. As long as it stays above what it should be so I can acknowledge good posts.