Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of Havoc: active, casual high level Farming/War clan

Centennial Club
    Daily bump. We have a few openings.

Fresh Spawn
    Review: This clan has been going downhill since it's leader, when I joined (spitfire), has become less active. It is becoming much less casual and more tyrannical/restrictive.

They are now overly focused on donations and are unintentionally diminishing the clan members experience. I was kicked out of the clan for requesting "high level troops" for my clan castle. As an active TH10 in Champion league I'd prefer to not be full of lvl 2 troops. However, this clan uses donations as a proxy for activity and thus want low level TH to donate.

For someone who doesn't war too often and simply enjoy the progress of the game, it is of no use to be in this clan now. You will be forced to accept low level troops and you will be unable to have high level troops in your CC.

As with all poorly thought out rules, these carry very unfortunate consequences to higher TH levels gameplay experience in the name of clan regulations. Hopefully the leaders will change their minds about such absurd rules (requiring x amount of donations, inability to request higher lvl troops) and restore the clan to a more pleasurable and casual nature. Though I don't see this happening anytime soon.

The clan has fundamentally changed from the great clan it once was. 11 months of active membership were thrown away on pointless rules.
    Last edited by knpstrr; July 19th, 2017 at 04:48 PM.

Centennial Club
    Hi knpstrr,
    You were kicked for not communicating with us. Multiple leaders asked you to change your high level troop requests but you completely ignored us. You just needed to talk with us and we could have worked out a solution. But zero response doesn't leave many options.

'Tyrannical' is over the top. The few rules that we have (meet donation requirements, use both attacks in war, and not specifically requesting high level troops except for war) were set to help keep an active clan, allow us to be successful in war and allow lower level clan members to be active in donating and meeting the donation requirements. You were recently promoted to Elder based on your time in the clan and your donations exceeding the minimums. As an Elder, you could have mentioned any issues that you had with these rules and recommended alternatives but you said nothing.

We have several leaders and members who are high TH10, including myself. We have no problems with not requesting high level troops outside of war.

You are welcome back to the clan anytime if you would just change your request message. If not, we wish you the best in another clan that fits your play style. Thanks, Kahlesh

Fresh Spawn
    Perhaps donation requirements is a terrible idea altogether for everyone playing, but even more so for lower levels.

To clear things up: once I logged on I saw that there the were 2 messages in my inbox. One general message in my inbox saying "DO NOT request level specific troops...", this message was to the whole clan. The second, 6 hours later was a message that said I was kicked. I received both of this message at once. Of course it is entirely debatable if requesting "high level" is "level specific", I would argue that "high" is not "specific", I never requested max for example.

Yes, I was an elder in the old "rule" of the clan, then got demoted when the new leaders took over. However, rank is not meaningful in my gameplay experience in any case.

There is no point in re-joining a clan where I do not war (by choice) and I receive low level troops (by force). Being clanless provides me with same experience as receiving low level troops. The result of all of this is that there is just one less active TH10 available to donate for everyone else, I'm fine with that. The only reason I stayed after these terrible policies were implemented (donation requirements) was to help out others in the clan. Unfortunately, this clan has been run into the dirt. The policy implemented was completely frivolous as there was never any lack of donating/receiving troops even before the policy took place.

Fundamentally, since people doing war are ALLOWED to break this policy and can request "level specific" troops, this policy discriminates the "farmers" game play experience. That is fine, but perhaps you should change your tag line to being a war clan, it is not a casual farming/war clan anymore.

Centennial Club
    I'll note that about the tag line but it sounds like we won't come to an agreement. Like I said before, I hope you find a clan that fits your play style. Thanks.

Centennial Club
    Daily bump

Centennial Club
    Daily bump

Centennial Club
    Daily bump

Centennial Club
    Daily bump

Fresh Spawn
    Weekend bump, come chill with us 👍