Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switch between troops

No way

That is the worst part of that laim biulder base no way should they let that in main game

This is not op because one player might skip because he doesn't have the right army but then another might come with.
    It won't change the outcome for the person who's defending. He will lose either and if this was added search times would be a lot less considering you have to different types of armies.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCuber909 View Post
    This is not op because one player might skip because he doesn't have the right army but then another might come with.
    It won't change the outcome for the person who's defending. He will lose either and if this was added search times would be a lot less considering you have to different types of armies.
    Not necessarily as whether a base is attacked, hiw successfully, by who and how depends greatly on design and league. Allowing army choice changes this unpredictably which places the defender at a disadvantage.

I employ 3 basic design rules for low, middle and high leagues. Many people do the same thing because they try to anticipate the army that will attack.

Not all defenses, even ones with identical damage, give up the same resources. Higher th attacking lower th don't get the same as equal th. It's not possible to say with certainty that the defender's losses will be unchanged.

But if anything you have just pointed another two issues. Faster search and attack cycles are not good for the economy overall and give greater increased benefit to more active players than less active players.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    The two battle modes are different and features in one give an unfair advantage in the other.

In multiplayer you have a pre-prepared army and choose the base you wish to attack sibject to loot, defenses and the army in hand. In fact you only have one army in camps and a group of troops in barracks (maybe trained, maybe not) and not two armies as most people think, so swapping armies isn't possible without another training mechanism.

In versus battles you are presented with an opponent and you decide which army works best for that design and level of defense. You have a choice of army simply because your are given no choice of base tp attack.

Multiplayer villages would be undefendable because an attacker could take both ground and air armies to cover both circumstances or collector and storage armies.

This topic has been discussed since the current queuing system was implemented. Swapping armies gives the multiplayer attacker an unfair advantage.
    Agreed with that.👍

Centennial Club
    what about in the new legend leagues where you cant next a base. maybe you should have the option for 2 armies... i like this idea

A big reason this is not happening is that it gives a big advantage to an attacker.
    why bother to create and develop new bases if people can attack with a revised army?

Say you you are in Legend league and everyone is hitting with Edrags... you can either complain
    or make your base stronger to that attack ; if enough bases become strong against that type of attack people start to build new combos of troops, and bases need to adjust again.

Defence is an important part of the game,
    and this change would greatly impact on people's ability to defend.
    The attacker already has just about everything else in their favour.

At high levels players would have 2 war armies ; ground and air.
    at low level players could have a war army and a farm army ;
    clearing out resources on both dead and capped bases, which could negatively affect the game ecosystem of available loot.

In the case of Builder base this mode is specificially PVP - both players get a chance to adjust because they are hitting eachother at the same time.

yeah but there is the difference in the builder base we don't pay for our troops, and then we get an advantage like choosing which troops we will use, I think it is a nice idea tho for the friendly challenges so you can try out new army's without cooking them for example

I like the idea, counterwise I don't like to add more steps to be ready to attack, I just wanna log, press attack button a d do my attack, then log out.