Holte End : [Anti 3* War base]

HOLTE END
    TH9 War Base

Intro
    The Base
    Pros and Cons
    Summary

Intro.

I haven't really been into base design and this one the first I have designed that really worked for me, I ran it for while and performed admirably over the course of a few months. I sit at the top of the TH9 pile and have maxed everything so unsure how it would perform with less than maxed walls as these have saved my bacon a few times.

Im retiring the base as moving on to other concepts and designs, plus im kinda bored with it now and want to give something back to the community here.

The Base

Pros

Anti-valk - Its held vs level 4 and 5 mass valk attacks generally due to failure of kill squad.
    Difficult pathing for hogs, forcing heal spells early.
    QQ doesnt hold a lot of value
    Anti-laloon* (bad attackers)
    Tesla farm catches a lot of attackers by suprise and ruins a lot of funnels.
    Golems split from main kill squad and die off quickly if coming from the town hall side.
    This has been 3* maybe twice by a fellow TH9 and will usually require a TH10 dip.

Cons

Loon spam may 3* this base (no experience but looks like it would fall)
    Gobaloon can and has 3* this base (only once by a max 9)
    Not tested at lower base levels, not maxed walls may be a downfall.
    Experienced attackers will find a way to 3* but no TH9 is infallible.

Summary

I have run this base over 20 - 30 wars and as I sit at the top of our TH9 roster it has usually been a dip target for TH10s. The majority of these dips have been mass valk and these usually fail (in my experience). Maybe I got lucky and ran into bad attacks fairly often.
    We don't run major competitive wars, we're a casual war clan so this base might suit a similar TH9 in a similar clan, I certainly wouldn't be running it in CWL or the like.

Ive had the better results running a dragon and 5 minions in the cc, this prevents valks being drawn to the core and as the cc is slightly tricky to pull most people dont bother to try it.

I'm not going to update the base any further as its run its course, you guys are free to use it, alter it and work with it. Let it serve you well. I'll post some logs in the 2nd post.
    Last edited by Mico11813; May 29th, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

TH13 LEVEL 210 | BK 63 AQ 66 GW 42 RC 11 | Est FEB 2015
    Thanos did nothing wrong

Last edited by Mico11813; May 29th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

Thanos did nothing wrong

Yep, could fall to Laloon spam, the Loon pathing is oversimplified. A possible hotfix could be moving the cannon just side of the BT and put it behind the AD north of the CC, that way a swarm of Loons coming from 11 o clock that would supposedly travel clockwise would be cut off.

You can also possibly develop the X-Bow south of the CC to an island and place the AT in place of the DE storage to pull golems away from the Queen island if they try to tackle it directly.

Just suggestions off the top of my head to make it more resistant to Laloon.

Great effort overall, the core features are there and it's overall solid.
    Last edited by Zegaloft; May 29th, 2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegaloft View Post
    Thanks Zeg, I learnt a lot from you guys here in BD101.

I did think of something similar to what you suggested but as I retired the base I lost interest in it a while back before they nerf/buffed loons into spam machines.

Thanos did nothing wrong

What should i put in cc?

Quote Originally Posted by gilli5490 View Post
    What should i put in cc?
    Ive been running with drag and 5 minions but in the current laloon spam climate it might be worth putting a baby d and 20 archers

Thanos did nothing wrong

Probably in some collector,trying to convince it to give up its elixir😆
    Looks good to me, I especially like the spread out heroes and Bt. Solid one
    Small things I found weird : Tesla Farm and Gb and 2 wiz towers give too much value for a single heal
    And the Lalo pathing as zega said is far to simple.
    Last edited by Barcher101; June 1st, 2017 at 11:41 AM.

I'm going to add some changes to make it more anti laloon and i'll probably post a few fc logs here

Quote Originally Posted by MysticRedneck View Post
    I'm going to add some changes to make it more anti laloon and i'll probably post a few fc logs here
    Cool, post a screenshot of the base. I retired this a while back but an update will be welcomed from the community.

Thanos did nothing wrong

Cool Awesome weird war base

Quote Originally Posted by Zegaloft View Post
    Yep, could fall to Laloon spam, the Loon pathing is oversimplified. A possible hotfix could be moving the cannon just side of the BT and put it behind the AD north of the CC, that way a swarm of Loons coming from 11 o clock that would supposedly travel clockwise would be cut off.

You can also possibly develop the X-Bow south of the CC to an island and place the AT in place of the DE storage to pull golems away from the Queen island if they try to tackle it directly.

Just suggestions off the top of my head to make it more resistant to Laloon.

https://clashinghub.com/townhall/tow...eird-war-base/