Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread:  Equal Rights For Small Hoods 

Banned
    … a town where the sun always shines on a farm they call "Jess Of The Derbyvilles."

 Equal Rights For Small Hoods 

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

We would like to have the same Derby decos made available to us among the first 4 horseshoe prizes as are made available to larger hoods among their final 3 horseshoe prizes.

We work just as hard at winning as any large hood does, and we spend diamonds at the same rate as do players in large hoods. After all, we love the cool Derby decos, too! However, we are being penalized for playing solo or with a small group of friends, even though we work just as hard to get into the top three.

Now then, I need help from others in small hoods to build a case for Supercell to make some positive changes.

What say you?

I am in a NH of 15, but I agree with your demand for deco equality of opportunity and I support your cause!!

I have always thought that every NH that derbies should have a shot at 9 horseshoe level prizes, regardless of size.

Folks choose NHs for all kinds of reasons. Some dedicated players prefer not to be in a NH at all, but must be in order to derby. In my view, those solo NHs are just as important to the derby equation as 30 member NHs.

If Champion League is open to solo NHs (and it is), then a solo NH should have the full CL benefit -- one of the best being 9 horseshoe levels to achieve and spiffy rare decos.

That just seems fair somehow.
    Last edited by PerkyCox; May 23rd, 2017 at 04:52 PM.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JessOfTheDerbyvilles View Post
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

We would like to have the same Derby decos made available to us among the first 4 horseshoe prizes as are made available to larger hoods among their final 3 horseshoe prizes.

We work just as hard at winning as any large hood does, and we spend diamonds at the same rate as do players in large hoods. After all, we love the cool Derby decos, too! However, we are being penalized for playing solo or with a small group of friends, even though we work just as hard to get into the top three.

Now then, I need help from others in small hoods to build a case for Supercell to make some positive changes.

What say you?

Hi Jess

Thank you for picking up the gauntlet & running with it! ��

We definitely need parity with the Top 3 placing prizes, as it is as much work to get Top 3 for us as it is for bigger hoods. Same with Horseshoe prizes.

We want Deco too!

(As you know) I've been playing solo (except a few weeks, when there were 2/3 of us) since the 'new' Derby Deco came out and I have 2 measly grey banners to show for it.

I desperately want the saddle stand, water trough & pink banners - I place most weeks, but no Deco.

I'm on the verge of giving up.
    Last edited by SmallChange; May 23rd, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

After 3 years (I think) of the Derby, I think SC must have plenty of data to show that there is only so much they can do to "encourage" farmers to band together into larger NHs ostensibly for the "fun". The incentives they have used so far (limiting attainable horseshoe goals and prizes) have undoubtedly maxed out whatever "benefit" to the NH system they were going to achieve.

I'm in a NH that had only 3 members Derbying for at least a year before the permits were introduced. Since I have opted back in (permits), we can reach all 9 horseshoe goals. I'll be opting out again soon. That leaves my hoodies with 3 players--once again, making them unable to reach the 9th goal which is one where permits and other premium prizes are more likely to occur.

This is supposed to be fun. I agree that farmers who prefer the "single life" or wish to stay in an established NH where only a few of the members choose to opt in should not be penalized for their preference.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; May 23rd, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by JessOfTheDerbyvilles View Post
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

What say you?

Just to play Devils Advocate.....

(using whiney David space voice) Ya kinda don't....

coordinating 15-30 members to get 10 tasks done with a reasonable average point value is signifigantly harder. whipping 14-29 minions into performing correctly week in and week out without slacking is a lot harder than it is to get 1-5 minions to do the same a single person neighborhood can knock out 10 320 point tasks in a single day by preloading their cake maker, wool maker, Town, Juice maker hot dog maker sushi maker and a few mining tasks. A single player derby competitor. (usually working in a NH of 10 or more that are not competing.) can spend 5 days 23 hours trashing tasks until they have a perfect board and then in 1 fell swoop go from not competing to winning with a perfect score.

Whereas larger neighborhoods have to be in constant communication with each other coordinating which member will be taking which task which ones will be trashed what the thresholds are for trashing vs keeping when to spend diamonds and how to stay ahead of the pack. so in that regards If anyone deserves a better reward it would be them. Also Supercell makes money on the number of players it has seeing the advertisements and buying diamonds and decorations at increasingly prohibitive sums of money so They want to encourage you to get all your real life friends and family playing as well to increase the player base in the hopes they too will buy a decoration or two.

By keeping the NH small a player circumvents the majority of the difficulties in doing the derby so being rewarded for taking the easy way out seems counter productive.

and besides it's just pixels for bragging rights. what good is bragging rights if everyone gets to brag.
    Last edited by Tiaxotrax; May 23rd, 2017 at 05:27 PM.
    my kik ID is tiaxotrax For a list of what features were added to which updates. check this link.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...39#post5782239

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxotrax View Post
    and besides it's just pixels for bragging rights. what good is bragging rights if everyone gets to brag.
    I never understood comments like these. Everything in this game are pixels. Why have a trading thread to trade pixelated expansion materials? Why worry about pixelated items to fill our pixelated boats? Why do we want SC to do more for our pixelated town? Why do we even have a forum to talk about a pixelated game?

After all, at the end of the day....it's all just pixels.
    Last edited by Haystacker; May 23rd, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

I agree with Tiaxotrax.

Some weeks I compete in a 6-farm derby, other weeks in a two-farm derby. It's significantly easier to play the two-farm derby than it is to play the larger derby for all the reasons T stated, most especially because it's no problem to spend several days leisurely setting up the board in a small derby.

PS. I don't mind if SC changes the thresholds to give better prizes for small derbies. I'd be all for it in fact! I'm simply agreeing with the assertion that a small derby is easier to play than a large one.
    Last edited by shepherdgirl; May 23rd, 2017 at 06:02 PM.

Having spent several weeks on a secondary farm in a small hood/derby, I fully support equal opportunities for small hoods, particularly, the ability to attain all horseshoes.

this past week, I was working solo, only to find that the 5th shoe is not attainable. 4 prizes? No booster? No thanks!
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I've not played the derby in a small hood so I guess I'm not understanding how it actually works. Then number of horse shoe threshold prizes available increases as you move up in each league right. With 9 being available if your in championship league regardless of hood size. So that being said doesn't the points needed to attain each horse shoe scale according to how many are opted in the derby? Like last week we had 3 more people in the derby and the 9th award was 17K points and this week having 3 less the 9th award is at 14K points. I guess I'm assuming everybody has the same shot at getting all 9 (providing they are in CL). So I apparently don't understand how it actually works for a really smaller hood. Somebody fill me in? Seems like I still Learn something new about the game every day.
    Level 151, Town 50, 144/144 achievements
    Maggie styles complete
    All machines fully expanded and mastered
    All town shops FINALLY maxed at level 38
    Sanctuary: 6/6 Adults, 6/6 Baby’s

In small hoods/derbies, it is impossible to attain all horseshoes, even with max points. For example, my last week in champions league, first, second and third place each had 3200 points and only 4 horseshoes. I think the fifth was 3500.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...