Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread:  Equal Rights For Small Hoods 

Quote Originally Posted by EstherNatascha View Post
    I don't understand why big neighborhoods are what supercell wants? What's the advantage for them? Why is a neighborhood of five (all the horseshoes) more special than a neighborhood of three? Hayday is a fun game for me, not a risk taking game. I quit playing the derby, to much stress no rewards.
    That's an interesting question only they can answer.

SuperCell has designed the game that effectively punishes derby participants for being in a small neighbhourhood, I don't like that.

As I have said all along I'm happy for bigger hoods to potentially get better rewards as I believe they face more challenges to be successful.

But it shouldn't be achieved in the current way of punishing the smaller hoods. The gap is too large at the moment.

Personally, in summary I'd like the system to be designed as follows.

All hoods - solo, big and small should be able to achieve all the horseshoes. Starting at 9 x 320 being the ONLY way to achieve it in a solo hood, the requirement slowly dropping as hoods get bigger - considering the reality of the risk that some players being unable to do all tasks; and how it's almost impossible to maintain high 300+ tasks consistently with 25+ players due to the way the derby board refreshes. (why doesn't it work like trucks anyway?)

When it comes to winning or placing rewards, all hoods; of all sizes should have an equal chance to win the unique decorations.

The one difference being, based on the size of your hood, you stand to win a few more expansion materials.

I believe you commonly get 4 of each when you win. Instead of should be scaled by participants.

1-6 = 4
    7-12 = 5
    13-18 = 6
    19-24 = 7
    25-30 = 8

Overall it would dramatically close the gap between a bigger and smaller hood, but still provide just the little bit extra to the larger hoods where more teamwork, more player sacrifices by players taking tasks they don't really like, and around the clock derby trashing is required by several different players.
    Last edited by daz258; May 25th, 2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    I disagree.

All players can do 10 tasks if they wish. I do 10 tasks each week, I get 4 Horseshoes. Player x in a large hood does 10 tasks each week & gets 9. Why shouldn't I get 9 Horseshoes? I've done no less work than the player in a larger hood.
    I think this puts it very well. Why would the reward for someone in a small hood be smaller if they do the same number/points of tasks...

Someone pointed out that if SC makes the reward the same, people will leave hoods. I disagree - derbies are not the main reason I play at all. And the hood provides other benefits - that last duct tape, that hello, that bottle of carrot juice. It's not all derby.

Alisen
    Welcome to Puppyvale Farms
    Home of some high-maintenance animals
    and a farmer who keeps reading them children's books
    Farm ID: #COP2PO89 Hood: The Happy Sanctuary

Pro Member
    Well Sorry but if small teams get the same prices as big do you folks really think that is fair ?
    Only one in a team hold the Derby CUPs , the rest dont ,
    It is very much work to be a leader in a big team do they not worth anything for that ?
    If you have very strong farms is it much easyer to win a Derby alone then it is in big teams ,
    So If we get equal prices will it not be really unfair ?
    And will not many high level players leave their teams then ?
    I think many go out alone and have to ask do you really wish to meet them in a Derby ?
    Last edited by Lyngby; May 25th, 2017 at 12:44 AM.

Try this... Imagine starting a derby to see all three top spots taken, just hours in. Then you finish the derby with little to look forward to. Then collect your 2 cream, a screw and a land deed... Would you feel happy?
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussypuss View Post
    Try this... Imagine starting a derby to see all three top spots taken, just hours in. Then you finish the derby with little to look forward to. Then collect your 2 cream, a screw and a land deed... Would you feel happy?
    No of course not that is one off the reason I play in a big team , and take the downsides off that ,
    And dont do as many off the old event teams and really high level ledars do forbid all in the team to do the Derby so I can get GOLD CUPs evry week !
    In my all can do the Derby . BUT you can be 100% sure we will get many many more teams that do it that way with same prices for big and small teams ,
    and it will be very hard to get in to good teams almost impossible

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyngby View Post
    Well Sorry but if small teams get the same prices as big do you folks really think that is fair ?
    what is a "small" team and what a "big one"?

if we are six, we can reach all horseshoes => the same goodies as if we are 30 (!)

New Bloke/Chick
    Doesn't the answer to this question seem simple............create or join a large neighborhood. Do the work. No Millennial participation prizes. Edit........I honestly don't mean to be rude or anything this just seems to be the easy way to fix this.
    Last edited by Keckge; May 25th, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

It really shouldn't matter how big or small the neighborhood is. Some people are more comfortable in a smaller neighborhood with friends and/or family, why shouldn't their derby prize checkpoints be scaled for their size. It is already scaled in some respects, so why not let them have all the checkpoints, or make whatever their last two columns are contain some goodies? The gifts they could get have absolutely nothing to do with anyone elses game. It makes no sense to me, lol. I am in a medium sized NH which I have been in for about 4 years...whenever it was that NH were introduced.....with people I knew well from this forum, I most definitely would not want to change to a larger NH just for the derby prizes. Fortunately, that is not a problem for us, but I do not see why it should be a thing for anyone, lol.
    Last edited by d2l5p2; May 25th, 2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: fixing typos as a result of horific typing skills

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Quote Originally Posted by Keckge View Post
    Doesn't the answer to this question seem simple............create or join a large neighborhood. Do the work. No Millennial participation prizes. Edit........I honestly don't mean to be rude or anything this just seems to be the easy way to fix this.
    There is a misconception that smaller hoods don't "work", whereas the challenges are simply different. The neighbourhoods were set up in a way where you could have family members only and hoods of any size.

i would not join a large hood just for the prizes. The discussion here is more about small hoods (1 to 4 opted in) being excluded from derby horseshoe thresholds, those who work at least as hard as opted in derby doers of 5, 10, 15 and 30.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I'm still not convinced that smaller hoods work just as hard for derby. I'm in a hood of 26 and my baby farm is solo. Much easier to simply stack the board and line up the tasks in a small hood and then blaze through them. Big hood requires more cooperation, taking whatever comes up and is available at the time, not knowing what your next 3, 4 or 5 tasks are going to be, etc.

I don't think everyone needs to be in a 20 or 25 or 30 hood, but it only takes 6 or 7 members to get all derby prizes. If you want 9 prizes, join a slightly bigger hood. Next people will be asking why you have to finish in top three to get extra prizes, why not just give them to everyone.