Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: update discussion- how do you feel about it?

Centennial Club

update discussion- how do you feel about it?

hey guys so im just posting on here to see what everyone has to say about the update. I understand a lot of people are very upset with the update, and i just want to understand why. Please refrain from posting just hate ( i hate this update....) if you hate it please state why.
    I for one actually think this update is quite cool. I love the new troop mechanics and the new defenses. I think the head to head mode is a great way to actually determine skill of a player and i would love to see this expanded to clan v clan and also friend v friend. That being said, i do have a few obvious complaints
    first one is the most obvious... being the loot system. i feel a lot has already been said on this so i will not go into detail about it. i do not understand why Supercell would want to limit peoples play time... meaning that if you can finish all your loot in under an hour, why would people come back and play more? Supercell is a company and if they want to max profits shouldnt they encourage people playing their game rather than only allowing 3 wins a day?
    My next issue with the game is just how slow it starts out. Sure this is mainly because of lack of loot so you can only progress so far as a free to play player... but i swear everyone just uses 4 giants at 1000 trophies and below... simply because its all they can use because they do not have any loot to get new stuff...
    anyways if you read all this im glad to share my thoughts... hopefully you will share your thoughts on this update as well. I would rank this update a 5/10 (8/10 if they fixed the loot) because i think it is a great spin on a classic game. ask me anything if you have questions or want to discuss!

I am a fan myself! It gives me more things to do on the game when I am not in the mood for attacking or not in a war. If anyone would like to cast their opinion via strawpoll, I have one set up here: http://www.strawpoll.me/13024460/

Join Moosebehaving Lvl 7 War Clan!
    Recruitment Info Here
    #P22QQL2C - Moose Crew 4 Life

Gem Mine is Useless!

So we have a Gem Mine Now? Are we supposed to be happy for it? With a 2.1 gem per day or 4 gem per day at max level!!

Seriously Supercell, we get 5-6 TIMES more gems per day by just clearing the forest. Even the weekly Gem Box gives us more value than Gem mine. Its just a waste of resources which could have been used elsewhere. Now i feel bad for even rebuilding it rather than using the elixir in research or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by VisibleGhost View Post
    Gem Mine is Useless!

So we have a Gem Mine Now? Are we supposed to be happy for it? With a 2.1 gem per day or 4 gem per day at max level!!

Seriously Supercell, we get 5-6 TIMES more gems per day by just clearing the forest. Even the weekly Gem Box gives us more value than Gem mine. Its just a waste of resources which could have been used elsewhere. Now i feel bad for even rebuilding it rather than using the elixir in research or elsewhere.
    So would you rather not get the extra 2.1 per day? Honestly, just stop complaining and take it. Every little bit helps!

Join Moosebehaving Lvl 7 War Clan!
    Recruitment Info Here
    #P22QQL2C - Moose Crew 4 Life

Centennial Club
    i think the gem mine is okay. You have to realize that super cell is a company and they must make money somehow... but i disagree with your stats of the gem mine. at max level ( to my knowledge) it goes to 3.3 gems per day... if your saying you can get 5-6x more of that (15-18 gems per day) just from clearing obstacles.. id sure love to have your village haha. i get lucky to get 15 a week. that being said no update is perfect and i hope to see supercell fix the issues with the game. Dont lose hope on the gem mine! im sure it will pay for itself .....eventually. thanks for posting!

Crab Claw
    It's the end for me. it has been a good run. All games end. I went from spending tons of money on this game to less than $20/yr since the disaster of Dec 2015 and now I just don't care to build another base. Mission accomplished supercell.

New Bloke/Chick
    Disappointed. This wasn't an update, hardly anything in the great game if Clash of Clans was updated.

They did, however, add a new game, a Clash Royale meets Clash of Clans spinoff

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogair View Post
    It's the end for me. it has been a good run. All games end. I went from spending tons of money on this game to less than $20/yr since the disaster of Dec 2015 and now I just don't care to build another base. Mission accomplished supercell.
    rip december 2015 th11 update. i understand your pain my friend. Id tell you to stick it out and focus on the new stuff but understand. Hope to see you back

Banned
    I think there are a few points we might be missing about the update.

It is actually very likely that the original COC could not be updated with all these good features, we wanted. How old is the code? How much of a complete rework would it have been to put some of this into the first game? (lets not confuse this update, its not an update, its a second game, in every way shape or form) Thing is a lot of whats in this new game is exactly what we want, but its NOT in the game we want it in, AND on top of that they didn't make this a new game, they added it into the first game, as a mini second game. smart marketing to a degree, but typical as well.

The true problem is that SC has continually destroyed their credibility with its users, and we now feel yet another paywall rise before us. I wonder which feature will be declared a bug like the miners, and stealth 'fixed' without telling us.

They hype a "15 out of 10" rated update that almost none of us want.

Sad thing is the actual game play of the new mode might be superior in many ways, but its NOT in the game we want updated.

This is the biggest update since clan wars? This update is so bad... we don't need another base aka mini game. Just focus on the original game