Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 139 of 139

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: bot buyers / do the test

  1. #131
    Millennial Club shepherdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,198
    P.S. I also think it's poor form that the hay day team has merged the thread from general into this single "bugs" forum thread.

    It makes it seem like the hay day team is trying to hide this issue rather than focusing on fixing it. Thankfully I did happen to first read about it in general a week or two earlier, otherwise I would have had no idea what was happening. Bad form, hay day, IMO.
    Last edited by shepherdgirl; October 1st, 2017 at 01:37 AM.

  2. #132
    Forum Elder Raelet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    P.S. I also think it's poor form that the hay day team has merged the thread from general into this single "bugs" forum thread.

    It makes it seem like the hay day team is trying to hide this issue rather than focusing on fixing it. Thankfully I did happen to first read about it in general a week or two earlier, otherwise I would have had no idea what was happening. Bad form, hay day, IMO.

    I agree. The lack of feedback from SuperCell to this particular issue is very disappointing. Almost as if they don't care.

    Remember the video response to bot farms -- to the effect of "don't worry about them". Hmmm....

  3. #133
    Millennial Club shepherdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,198
    I have an update: support has fixed my farm and am able to sell tools again. So kudos to SC suppport, and thank you!

    i don't understand why the 'no name and shame' rule applies to this bot however, and why such secrecy/protectionism is being given to this bot. It only helps it to spread, IMO.

    From kik'ing with some friends, here is the information I've been told. I'm not sure how accurate it is, some of it is probably conjecture, but for what it's worth:

    The word on the street is that this bot spreads itself from an infected farm to other farms. So if you buy tools, say from the DD, from an infected farm, that's how your farm gets infected. And apparently, the bot takes only default priced tools .... so if you sell tools at max this particular ‘P' bot doesn't buy them. I'm not sure if that's true or not because SC support fixed my farm before I tested it, but it might help someone else.

    Bottom line is that if you do get infected, write to support and ask them to fix your farm as soon as possible and don't sell max priced tools into the DD until SC fixes it .... in case it is true that the bot spreads like a virus from infected farms to others. That's one way to try and limit the spread of the bot until SC can get a handle on it long term.
    Last edited by shepherdgirl; October 1st, 2017 at 11:17 PM.

  4. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    I have an update: support has fixed my farm and am able to sell tools again. So kudos to SC suppport, and thank you!

    i don't understand why the 'no name and shame' rule applies to this bot however, and why such secrecy/protectionism is being given to this bot. It only helps it to spread, IMO.

    From kik'ing with some friends, here is the information I've been told. I'm not sure how accurate it is, some of it is probably conjecture, but for what it's worth:

    The word on the street is that this bot spreads itself from an infected farm to other farms. So if you buy tools, say from the DD, from an infected farm, that's how your farm gets infected. And apparently, the bot takes only default priced tools .... so if you sell tools at max this particular ‘P' bot doesn't buy them. I'm not sure if that's true or not because SC support fixed my farm before I tested it, but it might help someone else.

    Bottom line is that if you do get infected, write to support and ask them to fix your farm as soon as possible and don't sell max priced tools into the DD until SC fixes it .... in case it is true that the bot spreads like a virus from infected farms to others. That's one way to try and limit the spread of the bot until SC can get a handle on it long term.
    Hooray for Support liberating your farm from the clenches of that bot!!

    My first experience with this bot, I experimented with all sorts of different prices:

    - 1 coin
    - maximum price
    - default
    - various random amounts

    Support actually advised me to not sell at maximum or at 1 coin but somewhere in the "middle."

    However, in my case, the bot purchased barn expansion materials at all prices. That jerk.

    I think - at one point - the bot was programmed to buy only at certain set prices, but I don't think that's the situation for newer bot "experiences." The bot has evolved.

    Also, some versions of this bot seem to buy both silo and barn expansion materials. And some only target barn stuff.
    Last edited by LetTheMusicPlay; October 3rd, 2017 at 12:07 AM.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

    of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

  5. #135
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lyngby
    Posts
    595
    In " Lyngby Farmers " we hade the bot as most on 6farms , it is as it not is the same "bot " on one farm it only bay silo upgrades
    on my farms it was buying all siloand and barn upgrads , But disappear on my top farm after a few days ,
    But on my support farm I have it , there the " evil box woman " is in good shape ,
    I hade it for 14 days now !! no fun
    Last edited by Lyngby; October 3rd, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyngby View Post
    But on my support farm I have it , there the " evil box woman " is in good shape ,
    I hade it for 14 days now !! no fun
    Ugh. That sucks. Sorry you're going through this.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

    of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

  7. #137
    Forum Elder Raelet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,231
    She got me. BEMs only (so far).

    Game. Over.

  8. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    366
    She got me too :-(

    had problems with P-lady 2 weeks ago. Sold only crops for a week and she left me alone for a while.
    She came back from nowhere today and stole my Bems...

  9. #139
    Centennial Club SundaeToppings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    USA on Lake Erie
    Posts
    121
    Ok, I just now read this entire thread. So....a multi-million dollar company such as supercell can't get this under control after several months? I understand that it would be difficult to track down bots with millions of players to a game like HayDay BUT when you have multiple people sending you screen shots of the Bot, why are those "farms" not being immediately removed? Why, months later, is the same Bot still in business? I mean really, how hard can it be to delete those accounts? Hmmm...maybe these bots are somehow resulting in more revenue for SuperCell? I hate to sound suspicious but I just don't understand how hard it can be to eliminate KNOWN BOT FARMS when those farms are being served to support on a silver platter. It is very disturbing, the amount of people being affected by these bots, it seems like it's getting worse and worse. What next? Bots stealing our diamonds and coins?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •