Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [BOAT UPDATE] Is it still worth putting engineered bases in wars?

[BOAT UPDATE] Is it still worth putting engineered bases in wars?

Edit 2 : Problem solved! It is a bug, as confirmed by twister: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10278738

So my clan does 10v10 wars every 24hrs, and I was about to start a war search when I noticed that our 3 engineered bases were higher up the roster than usual...

They were sitting around number 5 in the whole clan, when they are usually right at the bottom... is this a glitch, or have ♥♥♥ finally fixed the matchmaking process which forced us to create the engineered bases in the first place?

I decided not to start a war search until I find some answers, as I have read rumours about added "penalty" war weight for engineered and .5 bases.

What does everyone think?

EDIT: No. 5, 6 and 7 are usually 8, 9 and 10. These are all engineered/defenceless bases. No. 8 is a TH9, so all of our engineered bases are now appearing above him on this screen, and as you can see this is nothing to do with trophies. It is also nothing to do with activity, as I only use my second account for wars, and our no. 8 is extremely active.

Last edited by Lizzardj94; May 23rd, 2017 at 11:49 PM.

Signature by ClashOfHolmes

Do you mean they were ranked higher on the list when you spun the search?

Level: 187 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

retired

Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    Do you mean they were ranked higher on the list when you spun the search?
    Exactly, which indicates a higher war weight, right?

Signature by ClashOfHolmes

Centennial Club
    Well we spun, 25v25, we have a big th9 on top, with 3 pretty rubbish th9s @ 2-4. Our 5 is a low defence th10, 6/10 heroes but he does have max bowlers, lavas, and loons. Most of the rest are th6/7.
    I
    We normally match casual ie non engineered clans but not this time they are defenceless from 9-25. Top base is a big th10 every defence looks max but no infernos or 3rd xbow. 2nd base is a th11 with lvl9 warden etc etc

Can't really complain as the low defence th10 makes us engineered so I guess we were asking for it 😁😁😁😁. At least it will save me the trouble of stuffing the war castles 👍👍👍

Btw the list we got to pick from was in a different order to normal but when the search started it was same order as usual
    Last edited by Shininglite; May 22nd, 2017 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglite View Post

Btw the list we got to pick from was in a different order to normal but when the search started it was same order as usual
    Trying to get this straight- so when the war search was spinning, it looked like it always does...but once you paired, the war map put those defenseless bases higher up the list?
    Last edited by cnaf; May 22nd, 2017 at 06:18 PM.

Level: 187 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

retired

Millennial Club
    oooo this would be interesting. i will not be able to test until later....

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglite View Post
    Isn't the clan list you pick from ordered by cups? I am fairly certain it's not by war weight (defensive, or otherwise) but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    Trying to get this straight- so when the war search was spinning, it looked like it always does...but once you paired, the war map put those defenseless bases higher up the list?
    It sounds to me backward from this.

while spinning the war list shows total weight, but once the war is set it's listed in order of defense only. That's what I'm gathering here.
    IGN -- GimmeChonChon!!
    GG/EE 2Billion -- WALLS MAXED! -- TH11
    Personal Best Trophy 6,027

Pro Member
    i remember the guy that started our war said the participant list wasnt sorted by trophies like it used to, it looked odd.
    dont know how they were really sorted, or if that was an intended change or not

Centennial Club
    The list you pick from used to be in order of cup count - it no longer is. Confused me at first because we had some low cup guys at the top of the list so not sure how the order is being ordered. Once you spin the war order appears to be defensive weight - same as before- none of our guys swapped position