Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fake attacks and matching algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by bwilk View Post
    Are you guys ever going to address the fake attacks that players use to intentionally ditch trophies? Or the fact that a level 230 player can attack a level 100 player? At least in Boom Beach you can't lose points by losing an attack.
    I take it that you mean SC when you mention "you guys". Not much we the forum can do about except complain. Personally I don't mind being used in that way, done it myself many times when pushing hero's and wanted to stay in the "sweet spot" for leagues.
    If I was to change anything I would like to be offered the option of taking the cups or some equivalent exchange in resources.
    Just this morning I had 3 such drops on my mini th9, one of which was by a th11 with both hero's and GW, took about 60k in resources and left me with 32 cups pushing me into a higher league.
    Has anybody found my salt shaker ?

Oh, yeah. Silver is very low. The higher you climb, the fewer droppers you'll see. Champ league is 3200-4099 trophies with bonuses north of 200K. I can't remember exactly what they are. In Titan 3, it's 280K/280K/2Kish

You have to do storage raids, so the more comfortable you are with that, the higher you should go for bigger bonuses. If you have five successful attacks per day, you should earn a couple million gold per day with elixir and dark elixir rates dependant on your army. I've seen 2 droppers on my base in the past three weeks.

Are you guys ever going to address the fake attacks that players use to intentionally ditch trophies? Or the fact that a level 230 player can attack a level 100 player? At least in Boom Beach you can't lose points by losing an attack.
    Seeing other replies, and your replies to them, I am even more confused by the whole discussion here.

OP is a th10 with low level heroes (unless I missed more details), sitting in silver/gold league.
    This league is low by many th10 standards, as it is a league where usually th5-8 are farming.
    Also, this league's star/daily bonus are very low. So, if there is no 'accessible' resource to loot, there is very low interest to attack.

Trophy droppers are every where in the leagues. I continuously do such attacks in Titan1 to remain at decent clouding times (aka no clouds lol). Of course, the higher the difference between league average and base defense, the more drops are needed to remain static in terms of trophies.

The level of a village does not even have anything to do with its power/offense or defense; or with anything in this game.

So I have a hard time to understand the reason for this thread, which by the way should be hosted elsewhere, but I am done with such comments. OPs tend to not care much about what/how or where they express their opinions/needs/concerns.
    Palu | TH11 BH6 | Heroes 45/45/20 - 2 | 1 Legend Trophy | iQuit @ Jedi Network

Well excuse me for posting a thread about CoC on a SuperCell forum. Where, oh great and knowledgeable one, should I have posted.

The level of a village most certainly does have something to do with its offensive or defensive power. You gain levels by doing upgrades to offensive and defensive assets. Someone at Level 230 has more powerful defenses, troops, and heroes than someone at Level 100. Pitting them against each other in a clash is ridiculous.

I don't necessarily mind the trophy dropping as much as I mind that it doesn't cost the dropper anything really. As I said, at least in BB you have to allow your home base to be raided to drop VP.

Yes, it probably is a low league. My thought process was that I try to keep trophies as low as possible in order to prevent being mauled by someone with max heroes and other troops while I try to save/raid the resources needed to perform upgrades. That has worked until this point where I can't see any way to accumulate 6 million gold or elixir in order to perform those upgrades.

Well excuse me for posting a thread about CoC on a SuperCell forum. Where, oh great and knowledgeable one, should I have posted.

The level of a village most certainly does have something to do with its offensive or defensive power. You gain levels by doing upgrades to offensive and defensive assets. Someone at Level 230 has more powerful defenses, troops, and heroes than someone at Level 100. Pitting them against each other in a clash is ridiculous.

I don't necessarily mind the trophy dropping as much as I mind that it doesn't cost the dropper anything really. As I said, at least in BB you have to allow your home base to be raided to drop VP.

Yes, it probably is a low league. My thought process was that I try to keep trophies as low as possible in order to prevent being mauled by someone with max heroes and other troops while I try to save/raid the resources needed to perform upgrades. That has worked until this point where I can't see any way to accumulate 6 million gold or elixir in order to perform those upgrades.
    What the others were referring to, but agreeably not explicitly stating, is that Clash of Clans has their own area of the forums: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...Clash-of-Clans. The Boom Beach area is https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis.../46-Boom-Beach. For future reference, it is desirable to post questions and comments regarding a specific SC game within the forum area dedicated to that game.

Yes, there is a point within CoC where attempting to "save up for an upgrade" can seem nearly impossible. If the resources produced within a 12 hour period (shielded time) is less than the amount lost from a raid, then one should expect always to me behind (if they themselves are not attacking in return to recover losses), regardless of trophy count. True for Legends and true for Gold. If you do not have neither the time nor desire to raid for resouces, then progress can be made by either use of gems (for extended shields), or via accepting a much, much longer wait period.

What is the difference between a TH 10 who rose to Champion, then dropped to Gold, and an identical TH 10 who has never made it beyond Gold? Nothing, for they are identicaly matched and happen to be both at the same Trophy level at the same time.

You are correct that both dropping, or even raising, VP drastically within Boom Beach is more difficult. In Clash I can drop 200+ trophies in a few minutes, in Boom such a drop could take weeks, even months. But the Boom system has it's own drawbacks. If you are an HQ 20 at 250 VP for example, then you yourself may see no problem with the system. Conversely, an HQ 14 at 250 VP with a map full of HQ 18s, 19s and 20s see a major problem with that, and wishes that they could drop VPs as easily as Clash trophies.

Now I will add that both CoC and BB have some underlying common principles even if the mechanics differ. I have never encountered any problem progressing in either with one simple philosophy: "I accept that I will be raided, and resources will be lost. Hence I vow that each day I will steal more than that which was stolen from me".
    Last edited by rowman; May 19th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Boom! Chunky Panda [#YRLCLG] 10-Man Task Force
    Clash! ​Chunky Panda #2
    [#GYV9PGOJ]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

I've never played boom. I dunno what the XP system measures, if anything at all. But in CoC it does nothing. You don't get any at all for upgrading troops, spells or heroes, and you're awarded it for things as mundane as donations troops or destroying goblin THs. This can lead to players having hyper inflated XP levels at very low THs, or players that stick to doing their own thing having relatively low levels.

There are people who start accounts purely to get to L200 or whatever as a TH3. I'm L144 as a TH11 with nearing max defenses, an almost completed lab and nearly 80 combined hero levels. It would be ludicrously unfair to match us together

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    You should have posted in the section of the forums dedicated to the specific game (where I have now moved it to). Forum Talk, where you posted originally is intended for posts about the forums, not about the games.

Most highish level people have gained far more experience points from donations than from upgrades. Level has very little to do with either offensive or defensive power.

And whether you think it ridiculous or not, level is not taken into account in any of the game mechanics at all. It is purely for documentary/bragging purposes.

The encouragement to stay high is supposed to be the league bonuses at high level, not a cist associated with dropping.

That is probably at least partly because you are in such a low league. Even when I had only just reached TH10, I never dropped below Crystal, and I kept all 5 builders busy until I started running out of lix building upgrades, when I worked my way back up to champs - currently in champs 1, raiding mostly for DE.

I found that as a TH10 in Crystal, I could find collector raids for 300-400K of each almost every time, and usually within 20 - 30 nexts at the outside, often less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Please drop trophies on my village.. I'm aRtik, 6005 atm

<3
    Profile aRtik #C8P2LG8Q | Clan B.K.S. #YPP2GG8 |BKAQGW 45/45/20 | All time best 6175| WWW: http://bks.96.lt/

If you been playing boom before then you are used to a much more rigid structure and linearity than you will find in clash. Clash has a lot more freedom to do whatever...no need to upgrade in straight line, no need to just go up and up and up in trophies.

Trophy dropping is very common in clash, lest alone because of the 'unbreakable' achievement. Player levels and xp have nothing to do with anything really. Match making in multiplayer below champ relies on trophies and th level, that's it. In war it gets a bit more complex but that's more of a mini game within the game.

As Alex pointed out, part of why you are seeing so many of those is because you are in quite a low league yourself. Th10s are more natural up in masters or champs where the bonuses are also a lot more generous.

Try it out, move around a bit follow the loot. And I know it's kinda hard nowadays but try and find a good clan where people can give you some advice and help you grow. There aren't any real rules to clash, you can build any kind of village you like, you can rush or max, whatever you prefer. You can gem stuff to finish fast or you can play at your leisure and take years to max out.

Your post comes across a bit frustrated but really, don't be. Just relax and enjoy the ride.

*whispers* I hear there is an update due soon ... brace yerself as the ride is about to get bumpy

Th11 | Lv209 | boss of le chat nu !!
    currently slumming it with the 'PALE RIDERS'

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

I'm a new town hall 9 who hovers around gold/crystal having a happy farming life; I can't keep my gold storage from over flowing.

I emptied it 2 days ago and it's now full. I have over 3 days until I have a spare builder!

I only attack 6/7 times a day, most days, and I'm definitely what you'd class as a casual player but; I have no problem getting resources together for upgrades. Not just gold/elixer, DE too AQ9/BK10 (almost 11) and all DE lab sub 50k done.

Really don't understand why OP is struggling so much. Rushed to TH10 with TH2/3 defenses?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast