Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The ignore list .......

Quote Originally Posted by rwelshjr View Post
    But the guys you ignored are not banned from the forum. They can still talk and its a reality that they are talking. So the forum still has to acknowedge that much. However much you protest you are not angry, dont care if they might be talking about you, etc.. the fact that even being aware they are still posting bugs you does show that whether or not you can admit it to yourself you do too have something going on there. Im sorry but that truly is the source of the problem. So I still say that unless you truly dont care dont ignore.
    You are making a mountain out of a molehill in my opinion. Jeff just wants the ability to have the ignore button work. When u ignore someone on here it should be just that, ignore. Not be able to see every time they post something.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #62
    Guys,

You've been running around in circles circles since the start of the this thread. Let's end that here and now please as the points have been made. I want to keep the thread open for more contributions but that means the bickering has to end.

I for one can understand the OPs point it does seem weird. However I don't know if the request is technically possible and I'll try to find out.

I think the following poster summed it up nicely by making the CR analogy on muting emotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 842 View Post
    It's a lot like how it was in CR. If I recall there was a progression of the mute feature that went something like this:

First there was no mute feature - so lots of obnoxious laugh/cry/oops nonsense that you couldn't get rid of

Next they added a mute feature, but it would still show "....." whenever the muted player made their taunts - this is what I equate the current forum "ignore" setting to. If you have a player ignored, and yet you see that he's still trolling around after you, that is quite annoying - just like the "...." was still very annoying, because you knew exactly what he was doing, even though you couldn't see the details.

Finally, CR did provide a full mute feature - this is what I hope will eventually come to the forums.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    GC: Kolonistje1 | Level: 106 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Guys,

You've been running around in circles circles since the start of the this thread. Let's end that here and now please as the points have been made. I want to keep the thread open for more contributions but that means the bickering has to end.

I for one can understand the OPs point it does seem weird. However I don't know if the request is technically possible and I'll try to find out.

I think the following poster summed it up nicely by making the CR analogy on muting emotes.
    Thank you, the discussion is not just about whether it's technically possibly although that would be nice to know from a reliable source, it is more of as you say it's weird to have a feature that in retrospect doesn't work.
    IGN: ⚡️WoodY⚡️ #9RUU08C0

Awesome Sig by Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchlhoff View Post
    Great. Thanks a bunch you guys (and girls). Now what am I supposed to do around here to feel smug and superior? Are you seriously suggesting that I should spend my time here being helpful instead? Sigh...