Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The ignore list .......

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAEL View Post
    SC is using pretty old version, so we know what will happen ... nothing.

    If you are going to point out again that I made this up, this was stated by someone when we wanted the subforum mods. There someone said that it already might be possible, but SC forum has old version and it would take a lot of effort to update it.
    I don't think that's a fair reason to dismiss a desire. Whether or not it's possible to change the ignore feature in this way doesn't matter, because people still want it. There's no reason for me to ever expect a lifetime supply of ingredients to make White Russians to show up at my apartment, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

    The point of the thread was to point out a feature that OP believes could be improved. How can anyone ever know if it's possible if it isn't discussed? Maybe the suggestion is plausible, maybe it's not, but at the very least, it can be discussed and possibilities explored. I will agree, though, that this thread has outlived its usefulness, looking at the past several replies. Unless we can get back on track and be productive. I like this sub for the relatively strong discussions that are had here, let's not ruin that, yeah?
    Last edited by Tiler; May 19th, 2017 at 08:36 PM.

  2. #52
    Forum Master Saleh47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    12,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    I don't think that's a fair reason to dismiss a desire. Whether or not it's possible to change the ignore feature in this way doesn't matter, because people still want it. There's no reason for me to ever expect a lifetime supply of ingredients to make White Russians to show up at my apartment, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

    The point of the thread was to point out a feature that OP believes could be improved. How can anyone ever know if it's possible if it isn't discussed? Maybe the suggestion is plausible, maybe it's not, but at the very least, it can be discussed and possibilities explored. I will agree, though, that this thread has outlived its usefulness, looking at the past several replies. Unless we can get back on track and be productive. I like this sub for the relatively strong discussions that are had here, let's not ruin that, yeah?
    Fully agreed on bold text. I like discussions going on here. Mostly well thought posts, ideas & discussion which are what I like in general especially while general(clash of clans) is on fire talking about the update

    Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

  3. #53
    Forum Superstar SMAEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    Fully agreed on bold text. I like discussions going on here. Mostly well thought posts, ideas & discussion which are what I like in general especially while general(clash of clans) is on fire talking about the update
    But thats only because it is new subforum and also not so active. If it was more active, more fresh spawns (those that spam) would come and ruin it. I even think that Forum talk is hidden from guests, right ? Another plus for us.

    Fully agree with rwelshjr's last post.

    "What kind of a monster are you !?" " The Wolverine." Shingen, Wolverine
    "You know nothing Socrates. I know that I know nothing." Ygritte, Socrates
    "Don't put your faith in me. You'll be disappointed." Agent 47
    "Nature made me a freak. Man made me a weapon. And God made it last long." Logan

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    Fully agreed on bold text. I like discussions going on here. Mostly well thought posts, ideas & discussion which are what I like in general especially while general(clash of clans) is on fire talking about the update
    Emphasis added.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMAEL View Post
    But thats only because it is new subforum and also not so active. If it was more active, more fresh spawns (those that spam) would come and ruin it. I even think that Forum talk is hidden from guests, right ? Another plus for us.

    Fully agree with rwelshjr's last post.
    The fresh spawns are not the only threat.

  5. #55
    evertonjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    RIP CR Forum :(
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by rwelshjr View Post
    So are you saying you want to get the best possible solution that can be done withing todays realities or are you saying you want something thats not possible and you dont care if its a pipe dream?

    What you have now is in fact the best possible solution under the current circumstances, vBulluten is third party software and it does what it does. Its not under SC's control to change that. The mods have pointed out to us several times that the forum is limited to how vBulletin works. (I too have had things I want see get put aside as not being possible) They have acknowledged that its an older version but have also indicated that SC has not shown willingness to budget the funding for a newer version. I do not know if a newer version would or would not contain the enhancements you want, if it did I would not care what they did, im not oppsed to them doing what you ask if it ever became possible for them. Its just that right now I know it is not.
    Please see tilers last post. I apologise that I started a discussion. I should of known from the get go that to have a true ignore feature is impossible. Sorry for posting the thread I will ask the moderators to close it.
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS

    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS


  6. #56
    Forum Champion rwelshjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiler View Post
    I don't think that's a fair reason to dismiss a desire.

    i think there is confusion between saying whats possible today and whats the best possible thing to do under today's circumstances and dismissing it. Its been well stated here by several people why its not possible today. They didnt say the idea was stupid, just that it was not possible today and why.

    There is also a difference between an OP accepting the workarounds as the helpful advice they are intended to be and consdering anything other than "Yeah lets do it" to be an attack on their suggestion.


    I like this sub for the relatively strong discussions that are had here, let's not ruin that, yeah?

    Very good words and I thank you for saying them. But discussion calls for good behavior both ways. If someone just says "thats a stupid idea" I get your point. But when a guy gives real solid technical reasons why it either wont work or isnt doable the OP needs to accept that news more gracefully than we get here sometimes. The suggestion followed by that response does in fact constitute real discussion. Too many think real discussion consists only of them saying something and everyone agreeing. If that is all thats allowed here them why have a forum?

    Speaking for myself my enjoyment here does come from thinking things through and trying to see if there is a way for them to work. I explore pretty much anything I read in that spirit but after that it takes me where it takes me and then I am honest. Sometimes I can think of a way and say so. Happily that is often in the manner the OP suggested anyhow and we live happily ever after. Other times it wont work as specified but would require trade offs with other things so I'll say what the trade offs are. Some guys are happy with that either they decide the trade offs aren't worth it they are happier without their idea being implemented or there is a trade off that to them is ok. Other times guys say they arent willing to take trade offs and they want their idea in the next update and there comes the impass. But conversation did take place in all those scenarios. If someone doesnt like the content of any or all of that conversation and wants to go the argumentive route thats on them. They are in fact the ones opposed to open conversation not the guys they are getting mad at for not agreeing with them.

    As far as workarounds no one should be miffed by suggestions of workarounds. But too often they go right to 'I dont want to do that' route because to them the only acceptable answer is that it will get in the next update and they have no interest in a workaround. Thats just not reasonable and certainly not an attitude that is interested in meaningful discussion. Sometimes it is best if your idea cant be done at this time to gratefully accept advice on what you can do about it today to hold you over until if ever circumstances change.

    Answers are inline.
    Why we stand not a chance against the Chinese clans. (I am in awe)

    enlarge
    if everything makes you mad then you will spend your entire life being mad.
    if everything pains you then you will spend your entire life in pain.

  7. #57
    Forum Champion rwelshjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonjeff View Post
    Please see tilers last post. I apologise that I started a discussion. I should of known from the get go that to have a true ignore feature is impossible. Sorry for posting the thread I will ask the moderators to close it.
    Now you are missing me the other way. Your idea is here on the forum so thats a win. Even if someone had dismissed it calling it bad names they do not have the power to change that its out there. Also myself and others saying why its not currently possible does not change that you said it. And then you have learned something important too, that its not currently possible is just part, why its not is the more key info because now you know what needs to change. Armed with that, if you ever do see them upgrade the forum to a newer version of vBulletin or even something else you know the question is there again, can it do this now? I know the win you wanted isnt there, honestly Im sorry, but you still got a win.
    Last edited by rwelshjr; May 19th, 2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Why we stand not a chance against the Chinese clans. (I am in awe)

    enlarge
    if everything makes you mad then you will spend your entire life being mad.
    if everything pains you then you will spend your entire life in pain.

  8. #58
    evertonjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    RIP CR Forum :(
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by rwelshjr View Post
    Now you are missing me the other way. Your idea is here on the forum so thats a win. Even if someone had dismissed it calling it bad names they do not have the power to change that its out there. Also myself and others saying why its not currently possible does not change that you said it. And then you have learned something important too, that its not currently possible is just part, why its not is the more key info because now you know what needs to change. Armed with that, if you ever do see them upgrade the forum to a newer version of vBulletin or even something else you know the question is there again, can it do this now? I know the win you wanted isnt there, honestly Im sorry, but you still got a win.

    See you are still caught up in feelings. Its a discussion it's not about winning or losing. There is no 'workarounds' as you say its just a simple discussion on as there IS a ignore FEATURE available do you THINK it should be completely ignore or as it is which isn't nowhere near that.

    You still havent added to the discussion on whether you THINK that the ignore feature should be completely ignore or whether it is worthless in it's current state.

    Also until an official member of staff confirm it is indeed impossible, then fair enough, your argument would hold a bit of weight You are saying its impossible because its an old version of vBulletin, but I have had a search through and I haven't found any official staff or mod saying its impossible.

    But just to add to that further, even if it is impossible, that still wouldn't explain why they have a feature available that doesn't work.

    Which leads me back to the whole point of the thread. Do you think it should be completely ignore or not available at all (which you still haven't answered)
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS

    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS


  9. #59
    Forum Champion rwelshjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonjeff View Post
    See you are still caught up in feelings. Its a discussion it's not about winning or losing. There is no 'workarounds' as you say its just a simple discussion on as there IS a ignore FEATURE available do you THINK it should be completely ignore or as it is which isn't nowhere near that.

    You still havent added to the discussion on whether you THINK that the ignore feature should be completely ignore or whether it is worthless in it's current state.

    Also until an official member of staff confirm it is indeed impossible, then fair enough, your argument would hold a bit of weight You are saying its impossible because its an old version of vBulletin, but I have had a search through and I haven't found any official staff or mod saying its impossible.

    But just to add to that further, even if it is impossible, that still wouldn't explain why they have a feature available that doesn't work.

    Which leads me back to the whole point of the thread. Do you think it should be completely ignore or not available at all (which you still haven't answered)
    Several guys have told you its impossible and done a decent job of expkaining why. This includes more than one that has heard it straight from the mods that vBulletin has these limits. Also since vBulletin is a fairly popular piece of third party software a lot of us have seen it many times and observed those limits. I also added that it might be one possible some day if a new version ever contains the functionality. Geez it was the only bone I could think of to toss you without just lying. But you are just in full on messenger shooting mode. I think thats where this is stuck is you dont like that news and are firing back on anyone that does not agree with you. Also telling you that info is too adding to the conversation, the problem is you only consider adding if its something you want to hear. Frankly its been more than a little one sided your viewpoint of what is and what is not 'of value'. And yes, I do see emotion in those retorts.
    Why we stand not a chance against the Chinese clans. (I am in awe)

    enlarge
    if everything makes you mad then you will spend your entire life being mad.
    if everything pains you then you will spend your entire life in pain.

  10. #60
    evertonjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    RIP CR Forum :(
    Posts
    2,168
    Wow I give in I truly do. I honestly can't be bothered anymore to be honest pal. You win as you would say. I am not going to get what I want. I am not going to get the discussion I want from you. Game over
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS

    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS
    RIP CLASH ROYALE FORUMS


Similar Threads

  1. Ignore list
    By Xamlik65 in forum Ideas & Feature Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 6th, 2016, 01:23 AM
  2. How to add someone to the ignore list?
    By MridulRJ in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 9th, 2016, 02:21 PM
  3. Ignore List
    By Pootch in forum Ideas & Feature Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 7th, 2015, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •