Thread: Keep the Archipelago Green - Plant Trees!

Lightbulb Keep the Archipelago Green - Plant Trees!

I'm aware that the addition of decorative items is currently on the "ruled out" list - however, I think that there are some compelling reasons to implement/allow players to grow/buy/place trees on their bases.

• Cutting Trees to build bases seems contrary to the very nature of protecting the native villages from the scourge of the Black Guard, Dr. T., and the others. Restoring the archipelago is inherent in the game and planting trees should be part of it. Plus - where do the monkeys go when all of the trees are cut down?!
      Boom1.jpg
    • Trees add a minor element of disguise to defensive layouts. Yes, the trees become transparent when a defensive element is placed next to them - however, more than a few times I have fallen victim to a well hidden shock launcher or boom mine - hidden amongst the trees and missed on my quick scout of the enemy base. Allowing players to add trees could be a fun and valuable element in base buildout strategy.
      Boom2.jpg
    • Trees could become part of the overall economy. Players spend gold to plant a tree and have the option to harvest the tree for wood. Either trees could be planted as basic mangrove trees that slowly grow, over time, into ancient mangroves, mangrove thickets, mangrove groves, etc., or perhaps they don't grow, but can only be harvested after a period of time. Currently, players can use the trader to exchange one commodity for another - trees could add to or build upon this ability.
    • Tree Artwork and cutting system is already developed. Implementation/development cost shouldn't be too outrageous as many required components already exist. Tree artwork, placing items, tree interaction with other elements, tree cutting, etc. are all already part of the game. There wouldn't need to be any change to collision mechanics as they already exist - troops move through trees, yet the trees can provide some cover for defensive elements.

Here we see what can become of our beloved archipelago if we continue to cut down trees! (note the scorched, barren earth!)
    Boom3.jpg

I'd love to encourage some discussion on this as it could be a fun addition to Boom Beach - and fits well with the overall storyline that this great game is built upon. Keep the Archipelago Green - Plant Trees!

I think that it should be an inverse relationship. You use gold to cut down trees and receive wood in return, but you use wood to plant trees and in return get gold. But there's a loophole here that needs to be closed first. People could theoretically use this as another vault. If someone is loaded up on wood that they don't want to lose they could just plant a ton of trees then cut them back down later to get all their wood back. So I think that the amount of wood needed to plant trees should be double the amount you would get for cutting it down, and the amount of gold you receive for planting a tree a should be half of what you pay to cut it down. That way there's no profit potential and there's no way to use it as a vault without taking a net loss by reversing the action you took by planting or cutting.

Also trees shouldn't grow because there's an arbitrage situation there. Plant a mangrove tree for 600 wood and you receive 300 gold, let it grow into a mangrove Grove then cut it down for 25,000 gold and receive 5000 wood. So you net -24,700 gold and +4400 wood.

Final point: you should only be able to plant young mangroves and mangrove trees since they cost the least amount to plant. That way it'll prevent people from dumping huge amounts of wood at one time by planting tons of mangrove groves which would require 10,000 wood to plant each tree
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 1 Week Ago at 07:19 PM.
    Phoenix|Level 65|Brigadier III|44 TD|33 TH|110 GBE|72 PSC|29 BH
    Phoenix 2.0|Level 35|Lieutenant III|44 TD|27 TH|36 GBE|44 RR|38 PSC|44 GP

I like the idea of the inverse relationship - there definitely needs to be some further thought into the economics of tree planting.

I found this information on the help site: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/bo...ack&l=en&p=web. I didn't realize that trees grow back?

Trees will respawn on your base, but not your Resource Bases. Every 13 hours, there is a 40% chance that a new tree will grow on your home base. Please note: your home base can hold 60 trees at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfish View Post
    I like the idea of the inverse relationship - there definitely needs to be some further thought into the economics of tree planting.

I found this information on the help site: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/bo...ack&l=en&p=web. I didn't realize that trees grow back?
    Yeah they'll grow back but they won't "grow" into other trees. A young mangrove that spontaneously pops up on your base one day will never become anything other than a young mangrove. However a mangrove Grove can spontaneously pop up anywhere on your base at any time. It's just random what time of tree will randomly sprout at any point on your base
    Phoenix|Level 65|Brigadier III|44 TD|33 TH|110 GBE|72 PSC|29 BH
    Phoenix 2.0|Level 35|Lieutenant III|44 TD|27 TH|36 GBE|44 RR|38 PSC|44 GP

It would be nice to be able to grow trees where I want them. Make scoping my base a lot harder too.
    As to cost, wood as you could harvest back and say 1/2 million gold would work. No profit beyond the cover.

While I understand the point of the inverse relationship, I don't necessarily think it's antithetical to the game for players to use strategy to protect resources.

When I was lower level and wanted to protect gold, I could load up tanks and switch them out for rzm or rmed later and I got cash back that was untouchable when I was raided and had tanks in dock.

About a year ago I had a thread in the Strategies blog warning new players not to be in a rush to remove boulders from their bases.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=base+boulders

I think a method for regaining cashed-in boulders/rocks would be nice, too, and really add to base defense.

I still have all mine, and they are a great help getting my tf some extra intel, esp. from Tmeds!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOne2 View Post
    It would be nice to be able to grow trees where I want them. Make scoping my base a lot harder too.
    As to cost, wood as you could harvest back and say 1/2 million gold would work. No profit beyond the cover.
    Last edited by VeryEvilLoki; 5 Days Ago at 03:38 AM.