Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Bot Farms?

Quote Originally Posted by rbcrewser2 View Post
    Why do people care so much about the existence of bot farms? Clearly Supercell isn't too worried or they would stop them. And stop the other blatant cheating that exists. Supercell is a multibillion dollar company. If they wanted to prevent the cheating and the existence of these bot farms they could and would.

For weeks now there's been a link to bots on a often visited page easily found from the Wikia on Hay Day. You can't tell me that Supercell (a) hasn't seen the link (b) doesn't know how to stop them..

Boat leaderboard players aside, who I'm sure generate a little revenue for supercell, the PRIMARY source of their millions is still the everyday players who play their farms fair and square, struggle with barn space, give their hoodies their last bread, and occasionally take the $4.99 offer to get diamonds....all those purchases add up and they are still the bread and butter, pun intended, of hay day.

These players with 50 devices, 5-10 farms, Facebook sales, etc. are creepy and annoying. The bots are creepy and annoying. The newspaper is our way of trading globally with thousands of players around the world. The bots wreck that, and make play harder for those who play fair.

just my opinion.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Why do people care so much about the existence of bot farms?
    I don't know about you, but when I open the Daily Dirt, I don't want to see 5 bots per page, especially when there's only 6 spots for ads per page! I use the DD to buy things from other players, not literally endless supplies of wheat. Yes, wheat is always somewhat in demand because otherwise wheating wouldn't be a viable strategy. But when the market is this flooded, it wrecks the game. And if people can't get any access to items they want, they might stop playing to find a game not littered with bots, and Supercell would notice if the player base started dropping off.
    GameCenter ID - DarkDefianceGC​ Kik ID - antoniofabritzi (Hay Day only)
    Hay Day Friend Code: #Y29P8QC0
    Level 71, Rep level 17, TT III (did TT II and TT III in one sitting)
    132/144 achievements, 16 masteries. Barn 4600, Silo 4500

2 Pearls of the Sea found in back to back nets, 27 total now!

When I wheat, I sell my wheat to the automated visitors. But sometimes I get into a situation where 10+ of my visitors in a row get hung up on my mining, saws, and axes or longer-term crops that take hours to grow. I might go 25-30 minutes or more without any of these visitors asking for wheat. Then it goes on my shop and I advertise. I keep advertising and refilling my RSS until an automated visitor asks for my wheat. Then I stop putting wheat in my shop, stop advertising, and simply let the shop sell out.

With over 20 million coins, I don't care about what price the automated visitors pay for my wheat. I need the silo space to continue to wheat up expansion drops.

SO - What would happen if the automated visitors programming was changed to:

(1) ask ONLY for the top crop in the silo OR a crop you have 0 of, AND
    (2) STOP asking for saws, axes, and mining? (Who ever sells those except on accident? All those "NOs" waste time and opportunity to take wheat out of the game without flooding the paper with it.) THEN
    (3) Convert those automated saw/mining requests to standard silo/barn requests at some appropriate ratio, but skewed towards more silo requests.

My suspicion is that is might rid the paper of ads for "legitimate" farmers' wheat, since they would not have to shop it when wheating.

BUT -- it could also help disguise the bot farms, who also need to get rid of wheat faster than the automated visitors can buy it.

Couple this with a tweaked expansion protocol where you get more spots over certain thresholds and this may eat into the bot bottom line because it will be easier for players to max their barns and silos.

If SC can damage/ destroy the market for black market EMs, then the wheat bots that infest the paper have less profit potential and less therefore less incentive to spend time and money in harvesting EMs for sale on black market websites for real money.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by PerkyCox; May 15th, 2017 at 05:59 PM.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerhunter44 View Post
    I don't know about you, but when I open the Daily Dirt, I don't want to see 5 bots per page, especially when there's only 6 spots for ads per page! I use the DD to buy things from other players, not literally endless supplies of wheat. Yes, wheat is always somewhat in demand because otherwise wheating wouldn't be a viable strategy. But when the market is this flooded, it wrecks the game. And if people can't get any access to items they want, they might stop playing to find a game not littered with bots, and Supercell would notice if the player base started dropping off.
    There would be no less wheat ads if these players didn't have bot farms. Instead of wheating on their bot farm, they would wheat on their main farm and still sell 1000's of wheat while attempting to amass the enormous number of LEMS needed.

The wheat ads don't affect anyone's ability to sell anything with an ad. Just wheat. And that's simply supply and demand. In fact, anything other than wheat is selling way faster... So if your wheat ads aren't selling, then use corn instead. A few minutes more makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Now, where's that self-ban button so I can save a mod a few minutes
    Last edited by RBv3; May 15th, 2017 at 07:15 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Why do people care so much about the existence of bot farms? Clearly Supercell isn't too worried or they would stop them. And stop the other blatant cheating that exists. Supercell is a multibillion dollar company. If they wanted to prevent the cheating and the existence of these bot farms they could and would.

For weeks now there's been a link to bots on a often visited page easily found from the Wikia on Hay Day. You can't tell me that Supercell (a) hasn't seen the link (b) doesn't know how to stop them.

Also, on several occasions in recent discussions about the land expansions and the dearth of some items, a name has been mentioned on the forums. A name that is notable because it belongs to a person who has not 1 but 2 farms on the top 50 Boat Leader Board. What is more notable is that the player in question openly sells expansion materials and even fully functioning fully expanded farms with barns at 10,000 on his Facebook page. This person also blatantly sells materials for boating events for cash. Again, if Supercell wanted to prevent this, they could. Of course doing so would be interesting because there are quite a number of forum players whose names appear in that player's friends list...

Inaction on Supercell's part simply implies that they are generating enough funds through other means.

Thank you for sharing the above information. I was thinking about contacting Support to suggest that Team Hay Day create a Report Button so we may report farms whose behavior indicate bot usage. You're absolutely right; if Supercell isn't worried about losing revenue over bot activities, why should we waste our time informing Supercell about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    ...I just want to point out that as that as far as I know selling Hay Day items for cash is not against SC Terms of Service.

What IS against their TOS is using botware and/or manipulating game code.
    Selling Hay Day items for cash does not necessarily mean they are using bots.
    Also that wheat botters are hardly likely to make it to any leader boards.

However selling a farm, I believe is also against the TOS....
    It has been a while since I read the TOS, so I just read it. TOS prohibits users from selling, renting, or giving away their farms.

Section 2.3 addresses Virtual Items:

Supercell owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or in Supercell games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Supercell game, whether earned in a game or purchased from Supercell, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.

http://supercell.com/en/terms-of-service/

As I understand from reading the TOS, we don't own our farms, the items we get from farming, or the diamonds we bought. Supercell is the sole owner and grants us a limited license to use them. And the license may be revoked at any time, sadly.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 15th, 2017 at 07:51 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Banned
    Article 15, section 4, rule #19B-2F of this forum....

Some of u folks take these rules, regulations and TOS of this gaming forum way too seriously.

Bots should be eliminated from this game. Bar none. It's entirely SC's responsibility to clean up the mess. That said, as an avid shopper who depends heavily on the DD...I didn't even notice they're around at all. It's in-out and on to the next farm to shop. No time to gaze around.

Bot farms usually disappear after an update. Maybe it's time for another update...
    Last edited by Haystacker; May 16th, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by RBv3 View Post
    Now, where's that self-ban button so I can save a mod a few minutes
    No worries. I got you.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 661 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Pro Member
    If only the banning were as quick on bots as it is in this forum.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhunter44 View Post
    It effects other things as well. If 3-5 ads per page are bots, then I have little to no chance at help derby tasks. For example what started me getting mad was not being able to find help tasks in the DD. I'd find maybe 2 per DD. The odds are really low that I'd be able to help them( lvl too high, not enough of that item, etc) Then I'd have to wait 3-5 minutes on the next refresh. Guess what I find after the refresh... SAME BOTS SAME NAMES&#. I used to find 6-10 farms needing help and be able to help 1 or 2. Now I'm only finding2-3 per DD and only being able to help 1 every 15 to 20 minutes because of the High number of bots in the DD.

Quote Originally Posted by CacheCowQueen View Post
    It effects other things as well. If 3-5 ads per page are bots, then I have little to no chance at help derby tasks. For example what started me getting mad was not being able to find help tasks in the DD. I'd find maybe 2 per DD. The odds are really low that I'd be able to help them( lvl too high, not enough of that item, etc) Then I'd have to wait 3-5 minutes on the next refresh. Guess what I find after the refresh... SAME BOTS SAME NAMES&#. I used to find 6-10 farms needing help and be able to help 1 or 2. Now I'm only finding2-3 per DD and only being able to help 1 every 15 to 20 minutes because of the High number of bots in the DD.
    Agree with this, when simply shopping for any rare items I honestly don't take any notice of the fact some are bots or not, I just expect a lot of wheat etc regardless.

However, when trying to do a help task; that's when I start to notice it. Bots don't ask for help, they just want to get Wheat out of their Silo to wheat more; as such it makes the task harder than it needs to be (unless your hood goes out of there way to help of course)

I think the best way to stop bots is to stop wheating being so profitable, I know it would be unpopular among active farmers - but it is by far the best way to remove the benefit of botting.

Instead, offer bonus items based on crop time, where longer grow crops offer several bonus items per harvest; and it taking several wheat harvests to get just one.
    Such as 1 hour of crop time x 100 crops = 1 bonus item.
    Then 2.1 hours of crop time x 100 crops = 2 bonus items.
    Next 3.4 hours of crop time x 100 crops = 3 bonus items.

Again I repeat, active farmers won't like it; but it will slow those bots right down and stop wheat flooding the paper. You still get slightly more for being active, but nothing like it is now.
    Last edited by daz258; May 15th, 2017 at 10:44 PM.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm