Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question about using diamonds on toolboxes.

Question about using diamonds on toolboxes.

I've had this question from a fan on Facebook, so i thought I'd post it here to see what everyone else thinks.

Question:
    Hi Ricky Love to watch you. But i would like to have your opinion on The fact That I spend diamonds to open boxes sometime to try to get ahead and I get those boosters that are useless either because I have better one or the same. I'm a little frustrated about that. Would very much like to have your view in the matter. Thank you in advance for reading this i know you are crazy busy.

Let me know your views on using diamonds to open tool boxes and the kinds of rewards you are getting. Im gonna discuss this in my live stream so I'm looking for views.

Thanks

Ranger aka R3DKNIGHT

My opinion?

i don't bother using diamonds to open any of them.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Hi Ricky

It's a long time since I have used diamonds to open a treasure box - I did it a few times when I first started playing over 3 years ago, and soon decided that it wasn't for me (I was f2p then, but I've not changed since I've started buying diamonds).

I agree with your fan's concern about boosters, though. I got one from an unlocked red box the other day. My booster storage was full, and it wasn't a particularly good booster, so I trashed it. Can you imagine the frustration if I had paid diamond to open the box?

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Centennial Club
    I think Boosters shouldn't be placed in Red Boxes, as you can get them easily by other possibilities like level threshold, WOF and as a reward from derby.
    Lvl:55 Achievements: 97/132 (updated 06/11/2016)
    Lvl:59 Achievements: 104/132 (updated 08/25/2017)
    Lvl:64 Achievements: 111/144 (updated 12/09/2018)
    Lvl:75 Achievements: 121/144 (updated: 09/02/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Hi Ricky

It's a long time since I have used diamonds to open a treasure box - I did it a few times when I first started playing over 3 years ago, and soon decided that it wasn't for me (I was f2p then, but I've not changed since I've started buying diamonds).

I agree with your fan's concern about boosters, though. I got one from an unlocked red box the other day. My booster storage was full, and it wasn't a particularly good booster, so I trashed it. Can you imagine the frustration if I had paid diamond to open the box?
    I have now run an experiment, out of curiosity, opening five locked boxes:

Five diamonds - great!
    Plank - ok
    Screw - ok
    Coins - meh!
    Booster - 2 star crop speeder. Trashed as my booster storage is overfull following collection of horseshoe prizes. It would have cost 6 diamonds to store, for scant benefit.

Experiment ended!

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Quote Originally Posted by Wussypuss View Post
    My opinion?

i don't bother using diamonds to open any of them.
    Likewise😀😀😀

Farm Level 174. Town 53. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Diamonds, to open unlocked boxes? Mwahhhhhhhh. Errr. No. It's annoying enough to get dynamite when the box is free, I'm not spending diamonds for the ^pleasure^.

Boosters are GOOD in the Boxes. No need for that to change.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

The only boosters I get from toolboxes that I don't immediately trash are the "Free Tom for 3 hour"' ones.

I have been spending diamonds to open toolboxes since the permits were introduced. I think I've gotten 4 permits from them so far. I've also happily accepted a few diamonds, planks, panels and a few purple/gold vouchers. Otherwise, as Cowslips says, meh...especially the coins and blue/green vouchers. (For a while, I couldn't figure out why I was accumulating way more mining tools than usual. Duh!)

On the one hand, I'm over the initial frenzy of searching for permits so I don't often use diamonds to open the boxes now. On the other hand, I've started using them and the temptation to keep gambling that this box will be the one with the permit in it is strong.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Never. I never spend diamonds to open a mystery box (or sea chest). Approximately 10% of them open for free, and that's plenty for me!

While the boosters and permits add some fun to the game I don't see any value in gambling diamonds to get them.
    I have no problem spending diamonds on Ernest, Tom and even Rose lately.
    But I have never seen the value in using diamonds to get who-knows-what prize from a toolbox which I may not even be able to use.