Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban list

Ban list

We cannot be the only clan, we have a following of A LOT of people whom we have told cannot stay in our clan (we are USA only due to how we run war) and they come back every other day. Clans should have a banned list where players can be added so they cannot keep harassing us.

Probably far-fetched, there needs to be a Hindi (India) global. I go into global to advertise "ADULT war clan seeking USA members only" and I get reported by multiple people and banned for being "racist"...?!?! Or maybe there should be appointed moderators that can keep an eye on chat in global.

I enjoy the game but these two issues are what is hindering COC from being great again and are pushing me further and further away.

Brandon

Forum Elder
    An old very good idea. Widely wanted. No downsides to people who don't want to use it. Should be trivial to implement, surely?

The clan has a blacklist. Any co-leader or leader can add someone to it. Any co-leader or leader can remove someone from it. Anyone on the list cannot join the clan, and cannot request to join the clan if the clan is set to "invite only". (note the misnomer clan setting names again! They should be "open", "by request" and "by invitation")

Global is pretty close to a complete waste of time. It is possible to recruit someone good there, but it is not a place for good people to find good clans, and that works both ways.

My clan mates and I wholeheartedly agree.
    A blacklist with either designations for list editing capabilities or blanket Co/Leader access would be plenty to work with.
    Last edited by ChiefBeerMug; May 1st, 2017 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Consolidated my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dballin18 View Post
    We cannot be the only clan, we have a following of A LOT of people whom we have told cannot stay in our clan (we are USA only due to how we run war) and they come back every other day. Clans should have a banned list where players can be added so they cannot keep harassing us.

Probably far-fetched, there needs to be a Hindi (India) global. I go into global to advertise "ADULT war clan seeking USA members only" and I get reported by multiple people and banned for being "racist"...?!?! Or maybe there should be appointed moderators that can keep an eye on chat in global.

I enjoy the game but these two issues are what is hindering COC from being great again and are pushing me further and further away.

Brandon
    The word 'racist' is currently being over used, thrown around willy nilly for everything. Its going to lose its meaning at this rate then there will not be a way to fight the real racists.

A person advertising any specific country is simply trying to narrow their time zones. They dont care what race a player is, just that their daily clock is somewhat similar to the rest of the clans. And of course they want the clan to work in the language of the country they are basing. That is not racism, its pragmatism.

As far as Global goes, I dont think thats a big problem. If I need to go into Global (I try to avoid it) and see a diiferent language being spoken, I reset to get a new session. I dont take it personally that those guys dont need my noise in a language not theirs. I dont take it personal that there is a crowd there that I cant be part of. I just move on to a place where I am a better fit.
    Last edited by rwelshjr; May 1st, 2017 at 08:06 PM.
    If everything angers you then you will spend your entire life being angry.
    If everything pains you then you will spend your entire life in pain.

Completely agree. Having the ability to kick out and a sub option for co's and leaders to add to ban list would be incredibly useful. In terms of global having a Hindi global for me would be a huge plus because although some may not find it a problem I find it irritating to have to switch globals so many times just to find one that isn't speaking Hindi!

I like the idea. Although I've been in my clan a few weeks, and they're a lvl 12 clan, there are a lot of repeat requesters after they've been rejected or accepted and kicked. i like the idea of the list. Make it like the friends in the social tab, but make it "enemies" or a naughty list controlled by the leader or co's. Giggity

Use Clash Track and you'll know if they have been there before. If they have kick them out. I would also stop recruiting in global. Well I did, it wasn't worth the headache to me.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Use Clash Track and you'll know if they have been there before. If they have kick them out. I would also stop recruiting in global. Well I did, it wasn't worth the headache to me.
    It's not just people that we've recruited in global, it's people that search our clan and continuously come back. And Clash Track sounds like a good idea but that does not solve the problem of these people requesting to join every day.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I don't know about clash track or how up to date it is, seems like it's an inconvenience to the user. Leaving the game, checking clash track, come back on the game. A lot easier if it was in the social page imho.
    And my clan found me through global. I consider myself a good mate. You sift through the muck and occasionally you do find that diamond in the rough. Giggity
    Last edited by Jawbreakr; May 1st, 2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: forgot a word

The first part of the OPs post regarding the heed for a ban list I do agree with. There be psychos out there with letting go issues. Future restraining orders to be.
    If everything angers you then you will spend your entire life being angry.
    If everything pains you then you will spend your entire life in pain.