View Poll Results: Choose the option that best describes how you feel about the forum rep system

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the rep system, inlcuding upvoting and downvoting. Please implement it.

22 30.99%
  • I would prefer having only the option to upvote. I don't think downvote is needed here.

10 14.08%
  • I don't like the reputation system and I do not want to see it implemented.

39 54.93%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Reputation System Poll

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Temporarily have PMs turned off...please message another forum mod for help. TY :)

Question Forum Reputation System Poll

We've had a ~60 day trial of the forum reputation system. Now it's time to vote on your like/dislike of it.

Please select one option.

This poll will close 4/28.

Please vote in one poll only. It would be appreciated. Only the first vote will count anyways, as votes will be checked.

LOL I have a typo. Ignore that.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; April 24th, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Wandering in the remains for now... maybe not forever.
    I liked having both up voting and down voting because it helped with the toxicity however I would also like there to be a reputation report button so any moderator can look at it rather than writing one moderator on the issue of reputation misuses.

Also why is this not in Forum Talk? If it was you could have one poll and one thread for this and wouldn't have to worry about checking votes and 4 different threads for responses. If you don't think it would get enough views couldn't the thread have been moved to these 4 General sub-forums from Forum Talk? This seems like more work...
    Last edited by Destroyer864; April 24th, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Temporarily have PMs turned off...please message another forum mod for help. TY :)
    I want to see how the results vary among each game. I also thought the results would be a little different than they are starting off to be.

It's okay, we'll see how this goes. There's an easy way to see duplicates, so it won't be much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer864 View Post
    Also why is this not in Forum Talk? If it was you could have one poll and one thread for this and wouldn't have to worry about checking votes and 4 different threads for responses. If you don't think it would get enough views couldn't the thread have been moved to these 4 General sub-forums from Forum Talk? This seems like more work...
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    I want to see how the results vary among each game. I also thought the results would be a little different than they are starting off to be.

It's okay, we'll see how this goes. There's an easy way to see duplicates, so it won't be much trouble.
    Ah I guess that makes sense... Boom Beach is starting to tilt away from the other ones now. Do you have a special tool... looking through poll results in just one poll is frustrating when trying to find one person...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    ...Please vote in one poll only. It would be appreciated. Only the first vote will count anyways, as votes will be checked.
    Ooops! When the poll came out at 1:53pm, I was so pumped that I voted here and in the CoC and CR subforums. It would be wrong to vote early and often in real life elections. So very wrong.

All kidding aside, I'm glad my first vote was cast in the HD subforum.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 25th, 2017 at 12:30 AM.
    Humbly playing my part to recruit new Clashers.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12707285

Thanks for allowing us to vote, it will be interesting comparing other forums in a few days to see if there any significant differences.

Personally I'd like the system to be withdrawn altogether. We are a forum, not social media. I also believe it has been underused during the trial period. And it brings an unnessary anxiety to receipients.

IF it was to stay, I'd want to see who gives good and bad reputations to make them accountable for them. I don't like anonymous votes it can just lead to bullying from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by daz258 View Post
    Thanks for allowing us to vote, it will be interesting comparing other forums in a few days to see if there any significant differences.

Personally I'd like the system to be withdrawn altogether. We are a forum, not social media. I also believe it has been underused during the trial period. And it brings an unnessary anxiety to receipients.

IF it was to stay, I'd want to see who gives good and bad reputations to make them accountable for them. I don't like anonymous votes it can just lead to bullying from the shadows.
    We can see who voted for us though. Click on your profile and then go over to the reputation tab.

We can see who voted for us though. Click on your profile and then go over to the reputation tab.
    I believe that only applies to positives, not negatives.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by daz258 View Post
    I believe that only applies to positives, not negatives.
    Destroyer864 is correct because if you may recall, a few days into the FRS's trial, a forumite and I were debating the merits of downvoting. He posted publicly that he will prove a point by doing an experiment which was to downvote me. If I had just clicked on Settings, I would see the negative comment but not who sent them. But by clicking My Profile and the Reputation Tab, I was able to confirm that he was the sender. I also ask other forumites to check out my Rep Tab and they said they were able to see the negative comment but *not* who sent them.

Ironically, a day later, this forumite received a downvote with negative comments with which he disagreed. He was upset and posted a screenshot from his Reputation Tab which showed the sender's name. I remember seeing the red dot next to the negative comment which means the sender has already posted at least 50 times in the forum already. In contrast, I checked out his Rep Tab and saw the negative comment but *not* who sent them.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; April 25th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.
    Humbly playing my part to recruit new Clashers.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12707285

Banned
    That forumite still believes the system is whack. I can't believe we're still talking about this ludicrous system. There's no place for it on this forum. If it must stay, option 2 is the best way to go. Let the mods do their jobs and get rid of the forum police who want to act like mods.
    Last edited by Haystacker; April 25th, 2017 at 06:20 PM.