Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: How is this fair?

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salkin101 View Post
    Certainly account sharing is taking place in many instances, but its not impossible to not miss a single attack trough having somekind of loudspeakers to warn and wake you up when you find a base. Im pretty sure there are ppl like that up there, and they do deserve to be higher ranked, even if I would not promote such a lifestyle.

Also im pretty sure there are plenty of ppl like the OP up there that are both higher and lower than him, why should their ranks be impacted by the OPs desire to reach the top, the competition on that trophy count is simply pretty brutal.
    Far as I'm concerned, if being top ranked in a mobile game requires that you skip sleep or break the rules then something is wrong.

The fact that people do it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it.

Certainly account sharing is taking place in many instances, but its not impossible to not miss a single attack trough having somekind of loudspeakers to warn and wake you up when you find a base. Im pretty sure there are ppl like that up there, and they do deserve to be higher ranked, even if I would not promote such a lifestyle.

Also im pretty sure there are plenty of ppl like the OP up there that are both higher and lower than him, why should their ranks be impacted by the OPs desire to reach the top, the competition on that trophy count is simply pretty brutal.
    It's a no-win scenerio when you compete against communities that set up Clash gaming parlors where you can play someone elses account to your hearts content. Individuals will actually reserve playing time to play on a top players account. Paying way less money than they would if they had their own seperate account trying to reach that same xp level.
    Has anybody found my salt shaker ?

Quote Originally Posted by nullandvoid View Post
    Far as I'm concerned, if being top ranked in a mobile game requires that you skip sleep or break the rules then something is wrong.

The fact that people do it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it.
    Personally I think that if you do those things to rank in the top in a mobile game, I dont think the fault lies purely with the game.

Having a loudspeaker waking you up to raid isn't exactly skipping sleep, you get the sleep, just in shorter bursts, its possible to do but its not something I would ever do at this age.

A game that has a ranking system that rewards activity with tens of millions of players, is going to be extremely timeconsuming to get to the top in. This is somewhat true for games with sligthly smaller playerbases aswell, but it is especially true for larger ones like CoC. That said, the bottom line is, the OP is at the rank he should be with his amount of playtime with the current system, there ARE players that are more active than him out there, im certain of it, some are certainly sharing accounts, but I doubt they all are.
    TH11, AQ 43, BK 42, GW 17 Updated 24.7.2017

Created spreadsheets:
    Howmuch DE do you still need for your heroes?
    Spreadsheet for troop training times

Quote Originally Posted by 842 View Post
    Defense log
    5minutes ago, 2 ⭐️, -34 ��
    11hrs ago, 1 ⭐️, -19 ��
    1d 4h ago, 1 ⭐️, -17 ��

Attack log
    3h ago, 2 ⭐️, +5 ��
    7h ago, 2 ⭐️, +6 ��
    11h ago, 2 ⭐️, +5 ��
    12h ago, 3 ⭐️, +11 ��
    1d 3h ago, 2 ⭐️, +7 ��
    1d 4h ago, 2 ⭐️, +5 ��

If I am clouding 14 hours a day, buy every shield and guard, succeeding in every attack I make, and still losing ground, how the heck is that (edit) not broken?
    It is frustrating, but not unfair. In higher leagues we all suffer the same issues which makes it fair but frustrating.
    I am th10 in champs, sometimes get hit by th11 for 3 stars lising lots of cups. I am sure tgat the occasional th9 I get offered for plus 20 cups will be frustrated, yet, I still launch my attack and I am sure we all would do the same.
    Just quoted from SC website: Many of us had been big fans of games like World of Warcraft, which most people play for years, not just weeks or months. Our dream was to create game services with longevity like that. And we wanted to create them for the widest group of people possible. They would be games that almost everyone could get into.
    We believed (author´s note: past sentense) in the power of simple, fun game play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleo View Post
    It is frustrating, but not unfair. In higher leagues we all suffer the same issues which makes it fair but frustrating.
    I am th10 in champs, sometimes get hit by th11 for 3 stars lising lots of cups. I am sure tgat the occasional th9 I get offered for plus 20 cups will be frustrated, yet, I still launch my attack and I am sure we all would do the same.

Unfortunately I was unable to change my post title - I dropped the "fair" argument weeks ago, and did edit the text in my OP. I simply think it's a broken system. It's fair, but badly broken.

As a th10.5 that has maxed the armies, I decided to trophy push for the first time in my life. I'm currently at 3900 cups but start feeling the pain of the OP. Only one out of 20 bases has a higher trophy offer than loss, and these bases usually don't have any loot at all. And for the guys above me this situation is even worse.

For me the solution is to bring more bases to the higher leagues but it's much easier to farm and keep resources at lower levels. What to do? Increase league bonus? Increase percentage of the loot cart? Any other ideas?
    Last edited by VicThorious; May 19th, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
    Th10.5 - lvl158 - BK45/AQ45/GW20
    Co-leader BLUE VALKS #PG9VOUJ
    24/7 War Clan. INTENSE teamwork, AMAZING struggles, EXTRAORDINARY personalities, TRANSCENDENT perspectives, BOLD strategy, CONCERNED citizens. COME and SEE

I have seen more people fail than succeed when it comes to progressing in upper Legend and hitting 6k. If you are at 5800+, you are in store for some pretty heinous stretches of clouds, and no, you might not always make up what you lost in defense before you have to do it again. If you are putting serious time in, and stick with it, you should get the chances to move forward, but at some point, your base needs to hold its ground in order to keep going, and this is NOT a totally unfair concept.

Forum Elder
    Since you clearly cannot understand what it would actually take to play for 14 hours a day, let me help you out with some "simples" math..

He plays for 14 hours a day:

24-14 = 10

If he sleeps for an average adult time of 8 hours:

10-8 = 2

Unless he's eating MRE's and wearing diapers, he will probably need those 2 hours.

So, how exactly should he find this time to play more if not by sleeping less?

It's far more likely that the players above him are sharing their accounts and having them played 24/7.
    Some people have even less of a life outside clash. If you want to go higher you have to put in more than you currently do.

Let's assume he is currently 1000th. The 999 players above him either play more or get more 3 stars. If the system was changed to progress with more trophies, those 999 will still be above him because they will also get more trophies playing longer and getting more 3 stars. So whether he has 6000 trophies or 10000 trophies, he will still be 1000th.
    So what is the point of changing the system to get more trophies?

Forum Elder
    Yes, I do think that playing 14 hours a day, buying shields and winning all attacks should give someone, at the very least, a mathematical shot at reaching the top.

Anything more than that is physically unhealthy.

Again, highly doubt that the other 900 or so people above him are all skipping sleep. Far more likely that the higher up you look, the more account sharing is taking place.
    The players above him are playing more and getting more 3 stars. That's fair. Simples

Quote Originally Posted by CrucialDude View Post
    Yes I understand that..i meant completely wipe legends trophies and reset everyone to idk say titan. I know that won't happen and how ridiculous of a statement that is but it would be fair. I also completly understand the point of the time it takes to find a base vs trophies lost for a defense, its like taking one step forward then two steps back. But my observation is still the same...he too was in early legends and had 45min wait times...them 1-2 hours wait times.
    I'm just looking at the other side too because we were talking about being fair.
    Believe me I would love for a fix to this problem so i can push up to high legends too.. because I don't have 14 hours a day to do that right now haha. I always thought just adding something you can do while in the clouds would help..who knows maybe this new game mode coming can be played while you're waiting to be matched in the clouds..get some more people like me that wouldn't mind pushing up there, In turn adding more people that can be attacked up there.. you get it haha
    When we get taken back to 5000 that is only one trophy above Titan. If we went back to 4500 or whatever it wouldn't matter much. The 2nd half of the season for those who push near the top would be the same. Adding more people won't help, unless they are inactive players. Player vs. player, as described in the "cure for the common cloud" thread is the best suggestion so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzdiver View Post
    Not sure what a better system would be.
    Legends are on so long that their base is available for attack much less than the number of attacks they do for each shield. So they get matched with lower players for less trophies. However they shouldn't be matched too low because that's pretty harsh on the lower players and it sucks trophies into legends which get destroyed at the end of the season making it harder to progress lower down.
    Making legends progress slower in trophies makes sense as more trophies are kept in the system ay each reset.

If you have more interesting things in your life than dedicating most of every day to CoC, don't go to legends.
    Simples.
    The best suggestion so far is found in the "cure for the common cloud" thread. Also, it isn't so simples. In some ways it works the opposite of what you suggest as far as the rest of my life. I play the game much less now in legends than I did back in my farming days, as long as you don't count a device running in the background as playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzdiver View Post
    The trophy system is designed to get tougher as you go up. 842 is at the level for 14 hours a day gameplay. If he wants to go up he has to play more.
    No one said everyone has to progress forever.
    I'm not suggesting he skip sleep, I'm suggesting he accepts he is at the 14 hour trophy level.
    The snapshot of raids is also only a snapshot and not like that always or he could never have gone up to his current trophy level.
    Players above him play more and/or get more 3 stars than him. That's fair.
    Simples

What is your suggestion that is better than the current one?
    Player vs. player is the suggest. As for playing more, that is where account sharing comes into play, which is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Maretti View Post
    This is a money game. How can OP think that he should be on top of the leaderboard when other players spend money buying shield. Pay up or give up.
    Money has little to do with it. We cannot buy the week long shield in legends. The little shields, with the delay, add up to very little money per season.

Yes, I do think that playing 14 hours a day, buying shields and winning all attacks should give someone, at the very least, a mathematical shot at reaching the top.

Anything more than that is physically unhealthy.

Again, highly doubt that the other 900 or so people above him are all skipping sleep. Far more likely that the higher up you look, the more account sharing is taking place.
    Yep, account sharing is likely and it is cheating. They probably aren't all doing it, but many are. They also work out deals with their clan mates and family clans and even their other accounts when they match up against each other in legends (they leave their clans to go on defense).

The problem with this plan is you wouldn't have to wake up just for an attack being found, but also to continue your search every 30 minutes.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast