Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: When should I Upgrade to TH 8

Cool When should I Upgrade to TH 8

I'm a town hall 7 and working maxing my air defenses and have lvl 2 BK and unlocked all of the troops for TH 7. When should I upgrade my TH to lvl 8?

When you feel like it? No one here can tell you how YOU should play your game.

Do you like to max out? Then max out.

Do you like to rush? Then rush.

Seems pretty simple. However, if your lab is idle I would update regardless.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

I just finished upgrading to th8 today myself. I don't know from what I am reading into it you might be better off waiting. It sounds like you have all your troops unlocked but not upgraded yet?

I would try to max out your barbarian king and at least the farming troops you use. Mostly purple walls are also probably a good idea.

I suggest you to upgrade everything to the highest level. It will be easier when you're upgrading stuff at the higher Town Halls!

(Maxing TH7 is not as hard as it sounds like)

In Dragon's nest playing with Baby Dragons
    Quote Originally Posted by PeperPower101 View Post
    I'm a town hall 7 and working maxing my air defenses and have lvl 2 BK and unlocked all of the troops for TH 7. When should I upgrade my TH to lvl 8?
    If u want to move to th8 then upgrade to th8, but in my opinon if you can 3 star any th7 base and 2 star a close to fully maxed th8 without using dragons then your are ready for th8
    Last edited by supergaint; April 22nd, 2017 at 06:38 PM.

A good rule of thumb: after you've mastered all war attacks at your townhall level, on max bases with good layouts, then you are ready to move up
    TWEAK FC: Let us challenge previous bases in war log. Place a "Challenge" button under the "Replay" button in war log, that appears after the war is over. These extra challenges will allow people to see exactly where they went wrong in war, how to fix it, and gives everyone 10-50 new bases to practice on every 2 days, without building them themselves 😊

Trainee
    I'd go ahead and max th7 out, it shouldn't take you too much longer to finish it.

+Noah2000+
    TH9 - BK Lvl 10 - AQ Lvl 9
    Credits to Jeffs' Signature Shop for Signature

Playing catch up is not fun. Max everything, th7 doesn't take long. If you're antsy, at least max your troops, spells, BK and walls. Catching up defenses isn't bad. Catching up troops and heroes is a pain. If you want to rush to now, imagine when you rush to 9 and your golems and valks are level 1, dragons level 2, balloons level 3... you will have a LOT to catch up to be ready for war. Take your time. Edit: I've seen people rush TH levels and become angry when they can't 3* their mirror, let alone any opponent at their TH level.
    Last edited by Pono; April 22nd, 2017 at 07:15 PM.

Banned
    I'm rushing and just maxing barch, loons, minions, and lavahounds when i get them lol. rushing isn't bad at all, people need to finally let that go.

Farming dE for the king at TH7 is probably the worst thing you can do in clash of clans, followed and topped only by maxing th8, which is the biggest mistake a clash of clan player can do resources and heroes wise.

I would get 200 army space, max barch and move on. You can unlock dragons and that's enough for wars. They will soon become obsolote so its debatable if you should max them or not. To give you an idea, I never unlocked them and I don't need them at all. That saves builder time, lab time and a lot of elixir on research and barracks.