Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engineered bases!!

The last 6 weeks or so have been really bad for us. We keep pulling max TH11s and sometimes more then 1 despite us having none. We're still mostly winning, but it seems like every time our win streak hits 5 or 6, we get a totally unrealistic matchup.
    Lvl 158 TH10 Maxed. Wall Grinding.
    AQ: 40 BK: 40 FIN: 185k +
    Night Warriors - Leader: Clan Tag: #2PCCRLYP - LVL 10
    We're ALWAYS recruiting. Core together ~3+ years. War participation optional. 2 or 3 wars per week. PM to join

Quote Originally Posted by Krudler02 View Post
    The last 6 weeks or so have been really bad for us. We keep pulling max TH11s and sometimes more then 1 despite us having none. We're still mostly winning, but it seems like every time our win streak hits 5 or 6, we get a totally unrealistic matchup.
    The higher your win streak the more challenging clan they throw your way. this is normal.

I feel I have to weight in here. First off, were a b2b war clan, since wars started. I can count on one hand the times we've encounter engineered clans that didn't work out in our favour. People who have all maxed bases, but throw in 2-3 TH6's at the bottom of the map are in fact engineering themselves. The weight difference between a heavy 11 at the top and your 3 fluff bases at the bottom leave too much room for engineers to wiggle in there. Then there is the eastern style maxed defenses and mostly junk troops. Those bases are not maxed and you put them in war at your own peril. If you have a defensively maxed base and woefully sub par troops, you are still a rusher imo. Also... When your war win streak hits too high of a level, you have to expect tougher matches. If you are pulling hardcore engineered clans as opponents, then you are most likely trying to engineer the system as well, albeit poorly. If you continually get matched to engineers, you need to adjust your line up(we do high level wars then a lower levelled war consecutively). Until SC implements a minimum war weight requirement into the algorithm, there is nothing that can be done. And I'd not hold my breathe for that. So good luck to you, if you'd like further advice on making a line up that will not pull engineered clans, PM me, I'd be happy to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf View Post
    The higher your win streak the more challenging clan they throw your way. this is normal.
    This is normal. I'm saying the disparity between the clan we see after 5 or 6 wins now though is much worse then it was 6 weeks ago, and the difference is very noticeable.
    Lvl 158 TH10 Maxed. Wall Grinding.
    AQ: 40 BK: 40 FIN: 185k +
    Night Warriors - Leader: Clan Tag: #2PCCRLYP - LVL 10
    We're ALWAYS recruiting. Core together ~3+ years. War participation optional. 2 or 3 wars per week. PM to join

Have you check this post out?
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...gineered-Clans

Quote Originally Posted by BadMojo View Post
    SC,

Might I suggest you developer types take a DEEP look into the engineered base garbage war match up?! I'm a maxed out TH11 and carry my weight in war. Always have, always will. However, you are driving away the lower guys who want to enjoy the game, but they have ZERO chance as a TH9 against a TH11 that matches up with them, even if it is a weak 11! It's to the point where over half our clan is opted out because of the unfair match ups!

Fix it, it's garbage. We are currently in a war where I'm the ONLY 11, but we match up against a clan with 6... yes, 6 TH11's with GW's and max troops.... yet they are on a 35 war win streak! Your match making algorithm is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ayamg0reng View Post
    While that thread has some good points and it can't hurt to try, it's not fact in my books. I still see plenty of matches where clans do everything on that list and still get engineered opponents and mist matches.

It is a good theory though. And, it may help with the chances of getting a decent match, but it's not guaranteed.
    DeathStorm-10|16/20|1905*|FireStorm-9.25|15/17|1879*|SuperStorm-8.5|10/14|1793*
    DragonStorm-9m|3/3|1181*|PerfectStorm-8.25|5/5|1154*|BarkStorm-10.1|16/18/5|1115*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1079*|SaltyStorm-11m|0/0/0|0*

The current "engineering meta" is to avoid building infernos and eagles. If all your TH11s have those defenses, you are going to pull a lot of weight.

I am not sure I know the answer to getting better matches - maybe avoid putting so many of the heavy bases in war and fill with lighter accounts that have good offense.

I think it is wrong to assume that bringing more engineered bases will attract more engineered clans. From my anecdotal experience, I am in one clan that is pretty heavily engineered (though no extreme defenseless accounts, just .5s and TH11s with no EA or IT) and another that is not. I would say we encounter engineered clans at about the same frequency.

Let's all hope that the next update will remove the ever increasing advantage that engineering provides and you won't need to worry about making those changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Starcast99 View Post
    Don't look at th and you are not matched against your mirror. Unless you are max th11 every base and every clan is engineered. You decided how to upgrade your base that's part of the fun
    It is fun for some to plan an upgrade path that takes advantages of faults in the matchmaker. Others do it even if they don't find it fun because it helps to win. Either way, many think an even match that is decided as much as possible on the skill of the attacking and designing, rather than skill of electing what to upgrade and what to skip, is more fun. I'm in that category and even though I have some engineered accounts myself, I think in the end the uneven matches are bad for the game. It is driving players away and that is bad for us all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12