Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineered bases!!

Fresh Spawn

Engineered bases!!

SC,

Might I suggest you developer types take a DEEP look into the engineered base garbage war match up?! I'm a maxed out TH11 and carry my weight in war. Always have, always will. However, you are driving away the lower guys who want to enjoy the game, but they have ZERO chance as a TH9 against a TH11 that matches up with them, even if it is a weak 11! It's to the point where over half our clan is opted out because of the unfair match ups!

Fix it, it's garbage. We are currently in a war where I'm the ONLY 11, but we match up against a clan with 6... yes, 6 TH11's with GW's and max troops.... yet they are on a 35 war win streak! Your match making algorithm is ♥♥♥♥.
    Last edited by BrideOfSharky; April 21st, 2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Update

I'm going to hazard a guess that you've got some low bases TH7 down in your lineup somewhere? Or are taking a lot of .5s?

Both of those things increase your chance of pulling these engineered clans. Not saying it's right, I'm just offering an explanation to your lopsided matchup.

Don't be too down though, you can still win, as long as you are on point in attack, they're going to have to 3 star you, certainly not a given and if you have decent 10s, they're not a given, even for a max 11. Best of luck, don't throw in the towel on it, even if the odds are against you
    ChemShokk #U2C9PYLG | TH 11 | Lv. 169 |
    | Member of Lv. 13 TH11 War Clan - Chapter One #22V00CGY
    |
    ChemShokk 2.0 #8JV9PYQ2Y | TH 9.5 | Lv. 119 |
    | Co-Leader of Lv. 12 War Clan - WARRIORS #9JVVYVG9 |

I wonder how many such posts Supercell needs to see before they do something. It's getting really annoying to see such match ups. This could have been fixed right at the beginning. Now things are at a whole new level of ridiculo-sity cause of the inaction. Seen so many players leave the game cause of the path weaker players chose. I.e gaining advantage in war to attack lower THs. It's a pity to see a good game turn into a state like this. Hope they fix it soon. Damage has already been done, it's getting more worse day by day

people simply exploit the system, there is nothing wrong with the matchmaking system, and if you think you can make SC's matchmaking better, apply for a job there.

Centennial Club
    Don't look at th and you are not matched against your mirror. Unless you are max th11 every base and every clan is engineered. You decided how to upgrade your base that's part of the fun

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSlayer46 View Post
    people simply exploit the system, there is nothing wrong with the matchmaking system, and if you think you can make SC's matchmaking better, apply for a job there.
    Well actually Supercell themselves think the matchmaker is not working in the way they intended, hence their specific mention of ongoing adjustments to remove the advantage of what they call "lopsided bases" (which the forum calls engineered bases). There is no need to insult or taunt the OP simply because you disagree with that view.

OP, welcome to the forum and please know that you are not alone in the frustration and concern here. There are many threads in the Clan Wars subforum that cover this in depth. The consensus of many, including many who engineer, is that it is not good for the game.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

We all know there are many ways in which match-making can be fixed. But alas, money/ gems run the game

Last war we added some defenseless th9s at the bottom to get enough players for a war....

It was a very bad decision. Our opponent's had 7 strong th11 attackers, we had 5. They had 4 eagles, we had 3. 50% of their th9 bases had a gw and max th11 troops. They even attacked our defenseless bases with th11 troops because they had enough attacks left... and their 14. with the weight of a th7 got 3 stars against our 2. who is almost max th11.

... next time we will probably add inactive mid th9s instead to avoid something like this.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Last war we added some defenseless th9s at the bottom to get enough players for a war....

It was a very bad decision. Our opponent's had 7 strong th11 attackers, we had 5. They had 4 eagles, we had 3. 50% of their th9 bases had a gw and max th11 troops. They even attacked our defenseless bases with th11 troops because they had enough attacks left... and their 14. with the weight of a th7 got 3 stars against our 2. who is almost max th11.

... next time we will probably add inactive mid th9s instead to avoid something like this.
    We do engineer in my clan, but mostly of the .5 variety. What I've found is unless you really want to dedicate to the engineering and have multiple defenseless accounts with Max th11 war army, then adding lower ths to your lineup can bring unfavorable matchups. I like the idea of everyone within a 1-2 townhall spread. So, if you bring th11s into war, don't bring in anything less than th9. We typically bring only th10s and 9s into war with 1-2 th11s in a 10 man war. Most matchups seem pretty balanced but do see a lot of people poorly try to engineer or just rush their accounts.

Forum rep says I am more popular here than in real life. I am a hoot. Wooooo
    We do 50 v 50 wars and occasionally 40 v 40.

We have a few .5s and I am sure some missing mortars here and there but not really any engineers.

We see engineer clans MAYBE one time in ten. We have lost to the same two engineering clans twice each in last 50 wars. Our only losses.

We just do not see them, and when we do we just hit where it works. We have th8 up except I have a th6 down at the bottom we use for filler.
    Last edited by Cilakila; April 21st, 2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.