Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Chinese computer attacks ???

Chinese computer attacks ???

Several times a week I get attacked by Chinese players,they barrage,then retreat,then come right back and beat me.I read somewhere once that it has something to do with computer program attacks.What do you think?

Banned
    I'll ignore the chinese comment but no i do that myself all the time. It's just getting a feel for the base.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12guage View Post
    Several times a week I get attacked by Chinese players,they barrage,then retreat,then come right back and beat me.I read somewhere once that it has something to do with computer program attacks.What do you think?
    I've done that plenty of times. They're probably just testing out what they can get with GBE.

I've also barraged a bunch of stuff and retreated because some of the barrages were meant to be artillery and I don't have any GBE left.

People dont do this?

Lol thats stupid. Why drop troops and attack, when u can test for the best use of your gbe before even deploying. Then u know youve got the best shot at beating it if your uncertain. Thats why the best players are chinese because there bloody efficient!

More often than not when using rzmc, I have 1-2 barrage attacks before I drop troops if my Bart's aren't perfect, I'm the furthest thing from a Chinese computer player, I could barely get a quote into my sig, had to get help 😂 Thx cws01 yet again
    Last edited by Drew31a; April 21st, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Forum Superstar
    I've had times when using warriors where I do my whole approach using GBE without deploying troops just to see if I'll have enough GBE for the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    ....I've also barraged a bunch of stuff and retreated because some of the barrages were meant to be artillery and I don't have any GBE left.
    I too have often barraged, then retreated. Not because of mistakes, but simply because I did not get the results I wanted. For example, for the rare non-iced base, one barrage shot may or may not take down an RL in one shot, all dependent upon the scatter for that shot. So if I don't get favorable results from my initial barrages, will retreat and retry for more favorable results.

Cost of an attack, BART only, retreat and then retry for better hits is much cheaper than the reload cost for lost troops.
    Last edited by rowman; April 21st, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Boom! Chunky Panda [#YRLCLG] 10-Man Task Force
    Clash! ​Chunky Panda #2
    [#GYV9PGOJ]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

In a pack of Zookas ... trying to understand their pathing and spread patterns
    I do this all the time. But I only do it for offensive players to give them defends as they probably rarely get them otherwise. Sometimes I'll do this 5 times or more. Sometimes I'll load rifles and intentionally lose them too.
    Last edited by DVS1bb; April 21st, 2017 at 02:23 PM.
    DVS1 - XP 62 | HQ 22 | VP 925 | GBE 42,17,17,16,16 | TD 31,13,13 | TH 30 | RR 43
    DVS2 - XP 58 | HQ 22 | VP 710 | GBE 35,15,15,15,11 | TD 32,13,13 | TH 30 | RR 47
    DVS3 - XP 48 | HQ 19 | VP 515 | GBE 40,15,15 | TD 31,13 | TH 28,14 | RR 40,19

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I too have often barraged, then retreated. Not because of mistakes, but simply because I did not get the results I wanted. For example, for the rare non-iced base, one barrage shot may or may not take down an RL in one shot, all dependent upon the scatter for that shot. So if I don't get favorable results from my initial barrages, will retreat and retry for more favorable results.

Cost of an attack, BART only, retreat and then retry for better hits is much cheaper than the reload cost for lost troops.
    This. If I'm clearing mines and don't get as many blown up as I want, retreat and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by 12guage View Post
    The note on Chinese players is uncalled for.
    It indicates you did some assuming and drew a conclusion, and think it's relevant

If it were, you'd have numbers on them;

1) how many players that attack you are Chinese, how many aren't, and what is the percentual relation there to specific part of the entire player base that could attack at or around your current VP range, given the matchmaking system,
    2) how do you even classify a player as Chinese,
    3) are you sure those glyphs are Chinese and not Korean, Japanese, Hindu, Russian, or whatever?
    4) are you sure that people behind those names are Chinese, can those Chinese be Chinese with the Chinese nationality only, or can they live abroad as well, does an American Chinese qualify as Chinese as well, even if he doesn't have a Chinese passport, and then what are the criteria, or rather, does it all even matter?

Stop assuming
    Last edited by Bakunin; April 21st, 2017 at 03:34 PM.
    XP 65 - VP 1204 and NL rank 9 (max)
    Boomed from August 2014 till August 2017

Troops and gunboat abilities requirements - Resource boats calculator - Prototype calculator - Invasion Chance percentage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast