Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New War Mode Idea: Preset Lineups (like CWL)

New War Mode Idea: Preset Lineups (like CWL)

In the CWL each side has the same number of TH11s, TH10s, and TH9s in their roster. We could have a new war mode that does the same for non-arranged wars. Each clan chooses a war size and TH level breakdown from a limited menu of options. The clan is then guaranteed to face an opponent with the same TH level breakdown.

- This would be a separate war mode; clans can still choose to use the old matchmaking instead.

- There need to be enough TH breakdowns to accommodate most clans but not too many so that clans can find matches quickly. A possible system is:
    - Choose war size (5v5,10v10,15v15,20v20,25v25,30v30,40v40,50v50) (8 possibilities: can be modified)
    - Choose top TH level (TH8, TH9, TH10, TH11) (4 possibilities: more can be added)
    - Choose TH breakdown from the following (4 possibilities):
    - Max: 100% TH x
    - Heavy: 40% TH x, 60% TH (x-1)
    - Mixed: 20% TH x, 40% TH (x-1), 40% TH (x-2)
    - Casual: 20% TH x, 20% TH (x-1), 20% TH (x-2), 20% TH (x-3), 20% TH (x-4)
    For example, a 10v10 TH10 heavy war allows 4 TH10s and 6 TH9s on each side, and a 20v20 TH11 mixed war allows 4 TH11s, 8 TH10s, and 8 TH9s on each side. This gives a total of 128 possibilities which seems about right. Other roster sizes can be added or removed based on demand.

- Most clans will not fit any of the preset TH level breakdowns. Allowing players to war as a lower TH level eliminates this problem. The option to war as a lower TH level also makes things fair for rushers and players who just upgraded their TH.

- It would be awesome to have a ladder for preset lineup wars where clans win war trophies from each other and compete to have the highest war ranking.

seems interesting.
    how would you "weight" your choices though?

example 5 max 11's x 5 brand new 11's (as an extreme example)

they both fit the choice, but i think one side wont be pleased..

you'd probably end up with taking only maxed bases to war? (i know that's all i would do in that case)

Banned
    I actually like this idea! You could go one step further and divide them into categories: heavy, medium, light.

For example,

20v20:

Heavy - 4 11s, 7 10s, 9 9s
    Medium - 3 11s, 6 10s, 11 9s
    Light - 2 11s, 6 10s, 12 9s

I'd imagine most of the breakdowns would be deserted, though. So including all won't be feasible. Which ones would you include?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobinDD View Post
    In the CWL each side has the same number of TH11s, TH10s, and TH9s in their roster. We could have a new war mode that does the same for non-arranged wars. Each clan chooses a war size and TH level breakdown from a limited menu of options. The clan is then guaranteed to face an opponent with the same TH level breakdown.

- This would be a separate war mode; clans can still choose to use the old matchmaking instead.

- There need to be enough TH breakdowns to accommodate most clans but not too many so that clans can find matches quickly. A possible system is:
    - Choose war size (5v5,10v10,15v15,20v20,25v25,30v30,40v40,50v50) (8 possibilities: can be modified)
    - Choose top TH level (TH8, TH9, TH10, TH11) (4 possibilities: more can be added)
    - Choose TH breakdown from the following (4 possibilities):
    - Max: 100% TH x
    - Heavy: 40% TH x, 60% TH (x-1)
    - Mixed: 20% TH x, 40% TH (x-1), 40% TH (x-2)
    - Casual: 20% TH x, 20% TH (x-1), 20% TH (x-2), 20% TH (x-3), 20% TH (x-4)
    For example, a 10v10 TH10 heavy war allows 4 TH10s and 6 TH9s on each side, and a 20v20 TH11 mixed war allows 4 TH11s, 8 TH10s, and 8 TH9s on each side. This gives a total of 128 possibilities which seems about right. Other roster sizes can be added or removed based on demand.

- Most clans will not fit any of the preset TH level breakdowns. Allowing players to war as a lower TH level eliminates this problem. The option to war as a lower TH level also makes things fair for rushers and players who just upgraded their TH.

- It would be awesome to have a ladder for preset lineup wars where clans win war trophies from each other and compete to have the highest war ranking.
    The important point in ur post is to allow fresh th players to allow play at their previous level with old troops and defences. They can upgrade during wars and when ready they can opt in to play as their current th level.this way everyone can participate as max vs max

Included more: breaking clan wars into subgroups seems not a good idea. It will create complexity in war mode. And will reduce available pool. Results in longer matching time. Which means again chances of mismatching based on time factor
    Last edited by Farooqhome08; April 21st, 2017 at 02:45 PM.

Some think a major problem, if not the greatest problem, that there just aren't enough warring clans to provide good matches. This would explain why 10 & 15 wars seem more fair than larger ones, as there's a much larger pool of clans warring at that size.

Any idea that breaks warring clans into further subgroups would exacerbate this problem.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

I could actually see this being part of the next update, having a "tournament" mode where TH lineups and rules are predetermined, dates set along with amount of clans that can enter, and then those who wish to enter are able to register in game.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanToad View Post
    I could actually see this being part of the next update, having a "tournament" mode where TH lineups and rules are predetermined, dates set along with amount of clans that can enter, and then those who wish to enter are able to register in game.
    This might well be true, organized start times could increase the pool. Might break random war spins by reducing the pool there though. Maybe we'll see.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    This might well be true, organized start times could increase the pool. Might break random war spins by reducing the pool there though. Maybe we'll see.
    I think this is interesting but if the engineered and rushed/casual don't participate, wouldn't that lead to worse matches for the casuals? They would lose more often than currently, causing them to quit, causing less players, less revenue, and a downward spiral?

These types of tournaments based on preset th breakdowns favor maxed bases and encourage permamax. I can't see that as beneficial long run for SC.

near the map legend right by the seadragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    I think this is interesting but if the engineered and rushed/casual don't participate, wouldn't that lead to worse matches for the casuals? They would lose more often than currently, causing them to quit, causing less players, less revenue, and a downward spiral?

These types of tournaments based on preset th breakdowns favor maxed bases and encourage permamax. I can't see that as beneficial long run for SC.
    I disagree because it opens up a new area to play and compete in a percieved more even playing field. Mm War may become less competitive but the clans playing just to get xp will be much less aggravated when they get matched with hardcore engineers if there is a fairer matching system (with more prestige) available in the game.
    TH11, BK/AQ/GW 40/40/20
    Leader of kregs

I am way too old to be chatting to those little kids on global chat.

So I got dinged once for linking my own thread, but Here is the exact same Idea I posted 1 week ago (I will quote myself). Funny thing was while searching for my thread I saw a few others with the same idea. But, mine was FIRST! Here is my take:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    I realize this would be a fairly big change. But I think it would add some much needed fresh perspective to the clan wars portion of the game (currently going down hill).

First:

There would need to be a clan war league levels introduced, like multi player leagues (crystal, masters, champs). Each clan would have an official Roster to add their selected players too. This roster is then submitted to the match maker. The rosters would have predefined slots for town halls. Example: 3 th11 slots 7 th10 slots 10 th9 slots. Different roster forms could be made for sizes and town hall levels.

A few questions:

Q. Would this work for players with not maxed town hall status?
    A. In my opinion, the difference between same level villages max 9 low 9 can be overcome with attack skills and defense base design. This will be less of an issue as will be addressed later in the post.

Q. What if a clan cant fill all the required slots for the official roster?
    A. Though not ideal, a clan could substitute any lower town hall into a slot designated for a higher town hall. For instance, you could place a th9 in a th10 slot. But, not a th10 in a th9 slot. Again, this won't be a make or break point as you will see later on.

Q. What about defenseless villages?
    A. A Defenseless th11 will fit in a th11 designated slot only. Which means it would be matched to whatever th11 the other clan is bringing. Hence, you probably wont see many defenseless bases.

How it works:

Okay so each clan populates it's official roster. The roster is submitted to the MatchMaker and an official mostly balanced match is made. The clans war and 1 clan emerges victorious and the other not so victorious. The winning clan receives trophies (just like the ones from the multi player) from the opposing clan. Once a clan reaches a certain level of trophies, they are bumped into the next league or demoted a league (if their trophy counts get to low for the current league).

The Beauty of it:

Remember how we were worried that only maxed accounts could participate or that a clan of average players would randomly meet an elite clan? Or that some clans couldn't fill the required roster spots? Well in this system the elite players would be pushed into higher leagues while the average players would remain in their own league range. So now, not only are we balancing the war to some close degree with villages, we are also sorting clans into elite and not so elite levels. A clan subbing a th9 for a th10 could potentially still win, especially in a lower league. All this combined will mean more balanced and competitive wars then ever. You could probably get away with taking a th9 in a th10 slot to war in a lower league because the skill level of attackers would be reduced make it much easier to negate the disadvantage by the second attack of a real th10.

War Loot: Obviously the higher the league the more loot for the winners.

What about the old system?:

The old system could be left in place for those that wish to brave the unknown and deal with the faults of the MM and the unpredictable advantages of dealing with roster engineers or lopsided villages. At least now there is an option for fair and balanced wars for those that want it.
    This is posted in the Ideas and Features forum under the title of "Clan War Modification New Perspective"

I edited my quote for clarification (bold).
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; April 21st, 2017 at 11:25 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|16/20|1905*|FireStorm-9.25|15/17|1879*|SuperStorm-8.5|10/14|1793*
    DragonStorm-9m|3/3|1181*|PerfectStorm-8.25|5/5|1154*|BarkStorm-10.1|16/18/5|1115*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1079*|SaltyStorm-11m|0/0/0|0*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast