In the CWL each side has the same number of TH11s, TH10s, and TH9s in their roster. We could have a new war mode that does the same for non-arranged wars. Each clan chooses a war size and TH level breakdown from a limited menu of options. The clan is then guaranteed to face an opponent with the same TH level breakdown.
- This would be a separate war mode; clans can still choose to use the old matchmaking instead.
- There need to be enough TH breakdowns to accommodate most clans but not too many so that clans can find matches quickly. A possible system is:
- Choose war size (5v5,10v10,15v15,20v20,25v25,30v30,40v40,50v50) (8 possibilities: can be modified)
- Choose top TH level (TH8, TH9, TH10, TH11) (4 possibilities: more can be added)
- Choose TH breakdown from the following (4 possibilities):
- Max: 100% TH x
- Heavy: 40% TH x, 60% TH (x-1)
- Mixed: 20% TH x, 40% TH (x-1), 40% TH (x-2)
- Casual: 20% TH x, 20% TH (x-1), 20% TH (x-2), 20% TH (x-3), 20% TH (x-4)
For example, a 10v10 TH10 heavy war allows 4 TH10s and 6 TH9s on each side, and a 20v20 TH11 mixed war allows 4 TH11s, 8 TH10s, and 8 TH9s on each side. This gives a total of 128 possibilities which seems about right. Other roster sizes can be added or removed based on demand.
- Most clans will not fit any of the preset TH level breakdowns. Allowing players to war as a lower TH level eliminates this problem. The option to war as a lower TH level also makes things fair for rushers and players who just upgraded their TH.
- It would be awesome to have a ladder for preset lineup wars where clans win war trophies from each other and compete to have the highest war ranking.