Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to play mortar cycle??

I use mortar, ice spirit, skeletons, archers, knight, arrows, zap, rocket in tournaments. In 2x, it's really spammy and awesome. I love the play style. However, I do not really like lavaloon (my current deck) play style. Too late to switch decks? I have the cards in lavaloon deck overleveled. It's just not much fun, or even very strong at my trophy range, especially since I have level one hound.

Chlorine Arsenic Hydrogen () Oxygen Nitrogen
    MASTER of the stale, old, obsolete and/or irrelevant memes.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Danguy123 View Post
    ask a guy haha no but really hes really good with it
    i suggest you edit the post/delete before Holp gives infractions for racism xD because holps kinda patrols my profile and will check this post.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdoge420 View Post
    i suggest you edit the post/delete before Holp gives infractions for racism xD because holps kinda patrols my profile and will check this post.

You do know who posted like 3 or 4 posts before you? Well known person on the forum with name: awhiteguy.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdoge420 View Post
    It's not racist people just don't understand my name.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroSoldier View Post
    You do know who posted like 3 or 4 posts before you? Well known person on the forum with name: awhiteguy.
    I'm not well known am I

Centennial Club
    lol nopeeee

I use mortar and Xbow a ton. My current deck is:
    Ice wiz
    Knight
    Archers
    Fire spirits
    Canon
    Mortar
    Rocket
    Log

What I usually do with this deck is that in single elixer I like to just pressure with mortar, usually not spending too much to defend it (any combination of the three main troops, fire spirits can be added in for a quick burst of damage). Defend with canon and ice wiz, rinse and repeat. However, in double elixer things get fun. Since almost every card in this deck is 3 elixer or less and they all provide different utility and usefulness to a push (not just straight up damage), a mortar can be defended almost indefinitely, with constant troops just pouring out from behind it. ANd when they finally destroy one, you're already back to another. Canon is there to either defend against pushes in the other lane (like hog rushes) or can be put slightly in front of and to the side of the mortar to make it so tanks go for it instead of the mortar. It's all around great for the deck. Rocket is an amazing card. I recommend rocketing anything 4 elixer or more (that will die from it, bowler depends) as it passes the tower to essentially get 500 damage for 2 elixer or less. YOu can rocket a big push for immense value and still have enough elixer for a canon. I especially love using rocket against elite barbs (even if they're not supported) because its an equal elixer trade at worst and makes one of their win conditions useless. FIre spirits can also be used against EB to quickly burst them down. Overall, this deck is very effective at making positive elixer trades and being extremely difficult to break through.

I'm a mortar user myself. Try using this deck: knight, mortar, archers, Spear gobs, inferno tower, rocket, arrows.

I started using siege in arena 5. Once you get good practice you'll wreck people with it cause not a lot of people know how to deal with mortar decks. If mortar isn't helping in a match try to play the defensive mortar and cycle rockets. Only do this in double elixir time. Good luck!
    The Dark Knight
    Clan: G.o.C.I (
    #VUPOJCL) [Feeder clan: Dark Defenders (#QLJVGCJJ)
    Clan Level: 7
    Position: Co-Leader
    War Frequency: Always