Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Psychology of an engineer?

Millennial Club
    There are many reasons why someone might choose to engineer:
    1. to win wars seems obvious but there might be much more to that.
    2. To prevent losses, yes the war streak starts over but the idea that they didn't lose holds true.
    3. There is an idea that spartan warriors wanted a death on the battelfield. The are simply not going to just roll over and die however. It must be earned.

While I wouldn't consider myself an engineer as many on here say, defenseless only, I would say I'd rather do all that I can within the rules to win by utilizing the best strategies available than lose by purposely following weaker strategy that might make the war closer. I want a good tight war vs someone worthy of it. I would rather have a "cheap victory" than lose by dumbing me down to the competition.
    As my signature says, "If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose." Why should I have to follow a lesser strategy to get improved competition?
    "You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome." You are free to follow any strategy you want and if you choose to follow a strategy that you knowingly hurts you in war match making that is your choice but don't tell me that I have to follow you.
    Finally, "I play to win. You play to see how tough you are." Some play to say I'm the better attacker, aka I'm tough. I play to win and it is fun. My current war is a tight war and we will probably lose because I messed up on 2 attacks, not fun, but overall fun war that was earned by having a battle of strategies. I might have to have a few "cheap victories" to get that one, but when I do watch out cause its a war.

btw you mention, "why do they want cheap victories and not tight wars that most people enjoy?" but if you look at the forums many claim that engineering is all over the place therefore this statement would be incorrect. Many seem to enjoy the cheap victory and only a few want tight wars.

Edit. Ended up winning 43-42. Their #1 got a 48% zero star.
    Last edited by MrJackrabbit; April 21st, 2017 at 05:11 AM.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    btw you mention, "why do they want cheap victories and not tight wars that most people enjoy?" but if you look at the forums many claim that engineering is all over the place therefore this statement would be incorrect. Many seem to enjoy the cheap victory and only a few want tight wars.
    This is a great point. There will always be those that have a "winning is the only thing that matters" attitude which I think is very prevalent in the gaming world since it is actually achievable whereas in the real world maybe not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by woemygod View Post
    I run a maxed 10 and 3 engineered 11's in our clan wars. Another guy also runs a max 10 and two engineered 10's. All our engineered bases have the war weight of TH6/TH7.

Now as to the reason why. Our clan has / had a bunch of casual attackers and our war log was not the least bit impressive. So we took it on ourselves to win wars. Now we do have a few good TH9/TH10 attackers but also a few poor attackers. We sit back and let them do what they can and then using our engineered bases we clean up the stars wherever needed. If our max 11's fails to 2 star the top guys we can help them too. This did help us to get to lvl 10 with a 27 war win streak. But looking at most of our TH9 players it is quite sad how poor they are most of the time. It's a work in progress but till they get better we will keep winning or at least putting up a good fight with our engineered bases.
    This is my reason for engineering though All my accounts are .5's. Nothing crazy. I also have a fair share of "for fun attackers" that don't really 3 star....ever, but they are loyal and always attack. I also took it upon myself to make cleanup accounts. I chose to go light on defenses as the so called "for fun players" already have high level defenses and offense. I am trying to make as small of a foot print as possible so as not the multiply our problem of too many bases for me to cover. By staying light on defense and making due with lower level troops, I can make up for those "for fun players" while not messing with the weight of the clan too much. I have never engineered to try to get better matches, only to fortify our clan structure to make us competitive and get some wins so people can have fun. Nobody likes to loose all the time.

I would put myself in the good attacker engineer group. Though I do have my facepalming moments from time to time lol.
    DeathStorm-10|16/20|1905*|FireStorm-9.25|15/17|1879*|SuperStorm-8.5|10/14|1793*
    DragonStorm-9m|3/3|1181*|PerfectStorm-8.25|5/5|1154*|BarkStorm-10.1|16/18/5|1115*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1079*|SaltyStorm-11m|0/0/0|0*

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    This is my reason for engineering though All my accounts are .5's. Nothing crazy. I also have a fair share of "for fun attackers" that don't really 3 star....ever, but they are loyal and always attack. I also took it upon myself to make cleanup accounts. I chose to go light on defenses as the so called "for fun players" already have high level defenses and offense. I am trying to make as small of a foot print as possible so as not the multiply our problem of too many bases for me to cover. By staying light on defense and making due with lower level troops, I can make up for those "for fun players" while not messing with the weight of the clan too much. I have never engineered to try to get better matches, only to fortify our clan structure to make us competitive and get some wins so people can have fun. Nobody likes to loose all the time.

I would put myself in the good attacker engineer group. Though I do have my facepalming moments from time to time lol.
    Thats the only valid reason I c y engineering is good for the game. Not everyone can or want to attack at elite lvs. So how do u solve this problem without hurting overall team morals? U engineer.

Exactly, it is the better strategy. Not to mention the progression. Engineering allows you to be working your hero's so much earlier than slogging through the low level game play all the way up through the early stages of th9[QUOTE=MrJackrabbit;10017767] "If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose." Why should I have to follow a lesser strategy to get improved competition?
    "You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome." You are free to follow any strategy you want and if you choose to follow a strategy that you knowingly hurts you in war match making that is your choice but don't tell me that I have to follow you.
    Last edited by ccmushroom; April 21st, 2017 at 12:20 AM.
    Max th9 with 30/30 hero's,Check us out: Magnitude 11, ​Magnitude 12. I was walking past the mental hospital the other day and all the patients were shouting, '13....13.....13.'The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks.I looked through to see what was going on.....Some bastard poked me in the eye with a stick!Then they all started shouting '14.....14....14....

[QUOTE=ccmushroom;10019692]Exactly, it is the better strategy. Not to mention the progression. Engineering allows you to be working your hero's so much earlier than slogging through the low level game play all the way up through the early stages of th9
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    "If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose." Why should I have to follow a lesser strategy to get improved competition?
    Well said. Too many players think digging a deep trench is the only way to war.
    Last edited by AemonTargaryean; April 22nd, 2017 at 08:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123