Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Psychology of an engineer?

Psychology of an engineer?

Psychology of an engineer interests me. My clan run into an heavily engineered ( about half defenseless accos and half max th11 offensively, some also def max ) clan during clan war event because we added low accounts at the bottom of our roster to get more Xp. A.k.a Roster engineering.

These guys were awesome attackers three starring our max def th11 and two other th11:s. AQ+GW walk with lavaloonion or bowlers was what they used. They crushed us.

This made me think. Why do players with this kind of attacking skills need to engineer. They would win with their skill alone. Why do they want cheap victories and not thight wars that most people enjoy. I understand if bad attackers engineer that makes it possible for them to win. But very good attackers I do not understand.

There must be engineers with good attacking skills around the forum. Or someone who knows these guys. Can you explain me why?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Psychology of an engineer interests me. My clan run into an heavily engineered ( about half defenseless accos and half max th11 offensively, some also def max ) clan during clan war event because we added low accounts at the bottom of our roster to get more Xp. A.k.a Roster engineering.These guys were awesome attackers three starring our max def th11 and two other th11:s. AQ GW walk with lavaloonion or bowlers was what they used. They crushed us.This made me think. Why do players with this kind of attacking skills need to engineer. They would win with their skill alone. Why do they want cheap victories and not thight wars that most people enjoy. I understand if bad attackers engineer that makes it possible for them to win. But very good attackers I do not understand.There must be engineers with good attacking skills around the forum. Or someone who knows these guys. Can you explain me why?
    what is "cheap victory" for you?for us... beating clan with 0-4 streak = cheap victorynothing wrong with skilled attacker doin engineer because the real satisfaction is beating clan with at least 10 streak or more 😝

All right. So it is about win streak. Our opponents had 32 win streak. So Cheap wins against low win streak clans whose attack skills are mediocore at best are good. No chance of own streak ending and you get 1 more. Now I begin to understand. It is not about winning but about multiple wins.

I wouldn't say they are awesome attackers, just that your base was vulnerable to a certain attack. You should change up your base design no matter how good you think it is. Because with the current state of weak troops a good base design will never let someone get 3 stars on you.

maybe they cant win in a fair match with maximum base on both sides

a good skilled attacker means he/she's good at design
    cause you know how thing work

My max def, walls lvl 10-11., max heroes th11 base was an island base. So not the best probably against them. But in our wars it has never been 3 starred often only one starred. Islands work well against casual attackers. Other designs that I have tried have been two starred more often. Of course against good attackers they do not do so well. Their Max def th11 used similar designs that I have seen in CWL youtube videos. I have tried those in the multiplayer at Titan2 and they are two starred with high percentage.

I think everyone uses bases that work best against their usual opponents in war. They were not the usual. In our wars I never see lavaloonion against th10 or th11. Nor surgical miners to take the island while the rest crush the ring. I see those in youtube.

There's no simple answer to this question, I'm afraid.
    Regardless of your playing style, most players want to win wars, and hence will do what it takes to do so, even if their clan has skilled attackers.
    The same question could be asked of modders (some of whom were excellent attackers, mainly because they ...er... practiced a lot!)
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 9 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: TH10, Heroes 40/36

but.. engineering is more brave than modder..
    cause they do sandbox in real attack... lol

if they 3 starred th11 by th11 it is not cheap victory...
    of course, they easily 3 their mirror until th11, you should 3 star their bases till th11 too. forget what they use to 3 star the bottom and middle... their bases are easy for you to 3 star too, always till th11. so here you are in the same condition
    then it comes to th11.
    i know, they may have more th11 attacks to try on your top. but i saw in many wars the clans 3 starring almost all our map in first hour of the war and already singing a victory song... and then fail on our th10 and th11.
    so, if your th11 cannot 3 star their level and the opps can, it is not a cheap victory

another thing though...we have met a heavy engineered clan with more th11 max offense than us...and they still needed to mod to win
    not elite leader of not elite clan

Quote Originally Posted by AresMars
    dumb cheaters got perma ban, smart cheaters created burner accounts...