Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Psychology of an engineer?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    69
    Winning isnīt everything. It is the only thing.

  2. #12
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    3,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Winning isnīt everything. It is the only thing.
    Aha, then you do understand the "Psychology of an Engineer" after all !
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 9 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: TH10, Heroes 40/37

  3. #13
    Super Member AresMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    Winning isnīt everything. It is the only thing.
    winning is not everything, but trying to win is

    Accepting MAX TH10
    Quote Originally Posted by AresMars
    dumb cheaters got perma ban, smart cheaters created burner accounts...

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    243
    fun is everything....
    and you get much more fun when you won

  5. #15
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    123
    I never understood how it could be fun to attack a base that has 0% chances of survival against your attack

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    349
    There are many reasons why people engineer, here are a few that spring to mind:

    1. Quite simply attempting to manipulate the the matchmaking algorithm to get a more advantageous match. That's what many believe is the ONLY reason for engineering but it is not.

    2. Attempting to balance the odds. For a long time after the TH11 update war matchmaking was badly broken and many clans were getting very unfavourable matches so resorted to engineering to mitigate the top of roster defensive mismatches. I personally think that we are seeing a lot of these bases now coming through as TH9+ in war rosters.

    3. Alt accounts. This could be because the player wants to try something different or simply knows that the quickest way to level up a base to a decent war level (TH9+ IMO) is to go engineered (defenseless or otherwise)

    4. Donation accounts. Again, you can level up quickly and donate key war troops so when your roster falls short by a base or two they get included. Then maybe the temptation is there to include them again because the war went well or just to expand the roster.

    I'm sure there are many more but those are the obvious ones I can think of.
    Last edited by Chippo; April 20th, 2017 at 08:36 AM.

  7. #17
    Millennial Club woemygod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,408
    I run a maxed 10 and 3 engineered 11's in our clan wars. Another guy also runs a max 10 and two engineered 10's. All our engineered bases have the war weight of TH6/TH7.

    Now as to the reason why. Our clan has / had a bunch of casual attackers and our war log was not the least bit impressive. So we took it on ourselves to win wars. Now we do have a few good TH9/TH10 attackers but also a few poor attackers. We sit back and let them do what they can and then using our engineered bases we clean up the stars wherever needed. If our max 11's fails to 2 star the top guys we can help them too. This did help us to get to lvl 10 with a 27 war win streak. But looking at most of our TH9 players it is quite sad how poor they are most of the time. It's a work in progress but till they get better we will keep winning or at least putting up a good fight with our engineered bases.
    COC: 1 TH11(42/43/18) 2 TH10's Max(40/40) + 1 Mid Max 9(26/29).

    CR: Lvl 10 PB: 4195 + Lvl 7 PB: 2982

    BB: HQ 16

  8. #18
    Senior Member ChemShokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaScholl View Post
    Because with the current state of weak troops a good base design will never let someone get 3 stars on you.
    I disagree. 3 stars are possible in the current meta, just difficult to achieve. Before brandishing all troops as weak, maybe notice that there are people very satisfied with the balance of the game right now.

    However, I do agree that people should change up bases, designing your own, rather than taking from the internet, its the safest way to build good D.

    Quote Originally Posted by woemygod View Post
    I run a maxed 10 and 3 engineered 11's in our clan wars. Another guy also runs a max 10 and two engineered 10's. All our engineered bases have the war weight of TH6/TH7.

    Now as to the reason why. Our clan has / had a bunch of casual attackers and our war log was not the least bit impressive. So we took it on ourselves to win wars. Now we do have a few good TH9/TH10 attackers but also a few poor attackers. We sit back and let them do what they can and then using our engineered bases we clean up the stars wherever needed. If our max 11's fails to 2 star the top guys we can help them too. This did help us to get to lvl 10 with a 27 war win streak. But looking at most of our TH9 players it is quite sad how poor they are most of the time. It's a work in progress but till they get better we will keep winning or at least putting up a good fight with our engineered bases.
    Depending on your outlook, this could be so demoralising for the rest of your clan. I realise that it could also be a comfort blanket having you guys as backup, but for me, it would feel like you expect me to be terrible, and rather than teach me how to be better, you'll just do it yourself.

    I guess if you're casuals you may not have the time to learn, but I'd prefer to put my time into teaching/recruiting rather than building engineered accounts just to make up for others.
    Last edited by ChemShokk; April 20th, 2017 at 08:49 AM.
    ChemShokk #U2C9PYLG | TH 10.5 | Lv. 152 |
    | Co-Leader of Lv. 11 War Clan - WARRIORS #9JVVYVG9
    |
    ChemShokk 2.0 #8JV9PYQ2Y | TH 8.75 | Lv. 98 |
    Band - Warriors (CoC)

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Aha, then you do understand the "Psychology of an Engineer" after all !
    I am beginning to

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by woemygod View Post
    I run a maxed 10 and 3 engineered 11's in our clan wars. Another guy also runs a max 10 and two engineered 10's. All our engineered bases have the war weight of TH6/TH7.

    Now as to the reason why. Our clan has / had a bunch of casual attackers and our war log was not the least bit impressive. So we took it on ourselves to win wars. Now we do have a few good TH9/TH10 attackers but also a few poor attackers. We sit back and let them do what they can and then using our engineered bases we clean up the stars wherever needed. If our max 11's fails to 2 star the top guys we can help them too. This did help us to get to lvl 10 with a 27 war win streak. But looking at most of our TH9 players it is quite sad how poor they are most of the time. It's a work in progress but till they get better we will keep winning or at least putting up a good fight with our engineered bases.
    Thanks for this. I think our opponents were the same. They had mediocore attackers in the middle who only two starred our th 10:s. In the end 3 th 11:s with max troops and heroes three starred our top5. But because they needed to do two attacks for my base before it was three starred that left one low level th10 out and they got only 44/45 stars. We would have reached 41 at best.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2017, 08:53 AM
  2. Some tips
    By SamCR in forum Strategy & Deck Building
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 14th, 2016, 03:22 PM
  3. Psychology is $$$
    By lZlZlZl in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 27th, 2016, 04:16 PM
  4. Reverse Psychology
    By XX22 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM
  5. Psychology of Addiction
    By alpal in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: June 14th, 2016, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •