Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: bringing a partial perma/max lineup to war (kids dont try this at home)

Pro Member
    ha ha suckers. nerfedname finally sees what i have been saying.

permabasing at .5 has ruined matching , as non maxed TH play is impossible to be "balanced" so someone will always complain.

Quote Originally Posted by ryryshouse View Post
    ha ha suckers. nerfedname finally sees what i have been saying.

permabasing at .5 has ruined matching , as non maxed TH play is impossible to be "balanced" so someone will always complain.
    Not impossible to balance just not known. One thing we do know is the excess troops not used but maxed add extra weight that needs to be offset by cutting or having low level defense to stay balanced. But your right someone will always complain because it's unknown and people will guess and guess wrong blaming the MM not their wrong guess.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob145 View Post
    i think you misunderstand..
    theres no protest and blame here

there is math and data and statements to show that alot of ideas i see floated around here are conjecture about SC's system.

i think i know why they got this match (and they have had others like it, so have we). i would say it is because of their lineup. they admit it also.

times have changed, and if you choose not to adapt, you will get left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Actually, no. The matchup was a result of your lineup, the way it gamed matchmaking allowing you to bring higher offence disguised in lower offence and match this clan rather than a more appropriate stronger one. If you hadn't been out there (not only you, all engineers) manipulating weights this way they would have matched someone with more appropriate lower offence strength for their lineup - and if the matchmaker worked more fairly you would have matched tougher defences appropriate to your offence strength, rather then that clan. It's clans like yours and not theirs bringing these kinds of matches about. Their "mistake" insofar as they could be remotely thought to have made one, lies in taking to war good strong big bases at th levels most vulnerable to exploitation (9s and 10s). It would be ridiculous if the idea was they ought rethink that or view it as a mistake, as opposed to an unfortunate situation that made them vulnerable to exploitation due to a flaw in the matchmaker and people eager to game that.

I agree times have changed, roll on Supercell changing them further in the next update in the direction they say they want to go: removing unwarranted advantage from lopsided clans.
    Agree. Well stated.
    Start Dec '12 | Hi Lg/Lv:Titan/173
    Accounts:
    TH11Hi(515Stars)|TH9Max(1080)|TH9Max(1210)|TH10Lo(1020)|TH10Hi (760)|TH9Hi(310)|2TH9Mid (200+)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    Not impossible to balance just not known. One thing we do know is the excess troops not used but maxed add extra weight that needs to be offset by cutting or having low level defense to stay balanced. But your right someone will always complain because it's unknown and people will guess and guess wrong blaming the MM not their wrong guess.
    nope, wrong x 10. soon as you have a couple DE troops done at TH10, the balance is gone never returning until you drop the devil sticks.

Same at th9 , you got 30/30 and no xbow? not balanced. is there some balance in there? yes. I dont ever see it.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    I think the guidelines were generally true when posted, and that was in December after a few months of coming to terms with the new update. Seems like something's changed more recently, and fair (ish) matches at larger war sizes have become less likely. Part of the issue is probably the shallowness of the pool, that would certainly explain why larger wars (fewer clans involved) see the worst examples.

I think the guidelines still work though not perfectly, and they shouldn't be expected to work perfectly. They're just some trends we've noticed, not a coded fix to the matchmaker. For the detractors complaining that there are too many 'rules' involved (Balanced bases! Not too many maxxed! Tight spread! Small wars!) that's true. For many its a big change in war comp, for an incomplete solution.
    I agree with first part, but strongly disagree with the second. The guidelines are not working (at least for us)
    We get an engineered clan every second or third war and all we have maxed are 2 th10s and 1 th9, rest of the bases are half way done (th10s with lvl1 or lvl2 infernos and 20+ heroes or th9s with lvl10+ heroes and xbows) we do 25x25 or 30x30 wars.
    We also tried th spreads from th6-t10, th7-10 and th8-th10, in all cases the statistics of engineered clan every second or third war remained the same

Yes, people may upgrade their bases as they wish (we all know what engineered bases are made for) but NO supercell should not ignore it and let it break their game. If people get such "fair" matches on a regular basis (once a week for us as we war almost back to back) - something must be done. They did a good job in eliminating 3rd party tools to make the wars fair, but allowed this to happen which in my opinion is as "fair" as using 3rd party tools and perhaps even widely spread than the 3rd party was back than.

The MM must be corrected, i don't blame the people who found the bugs and exploited them, i do blame the developers and company administration in not fixing this.
    Think of it as an exploit in operating system for example - when such found a hotfix is released. If it's not released the company is the one to blame, not the users - same here.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    We also tried th spreads from th6-t10, th7-10 and th8-th10, in all cases the statistics of engineered clan every second or third war remained the same
    The pool is full of engineers. if you want to avoid it, either do not spin, arrange via fw, or get a roster that is cwlish and spin at those times... otherwise, you get trash matches regularly.

It's a sad reality to face. With the concept of sandbagging becoming more and more popular, the game will become saturated to the extent that matches like this occur more and more regularly

Anybody else have their fingers crossed that the next update does something to even things up?

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    It's a sad reality to face. With the concept of sandbagging becoming more and more popular, the game will become saturated to the extent that matches like this occur more and more regularly

Anybody else have their fingers crossed that the next update does something to even things up?
    yea, i am assuming a new game mode of some sort... hoping for; easier to find and manage wars in game via FW or something...ladder, leaderboard for war, in game leagues, anything really

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post

question for you and everyone ...

what if they don't?
    what if their lack of drastic game changing modifications to the system is an unofficial blessing of the status quo of the past years.

assuming they leave things as they are or only minor tweaks:
    1. will you adapt?
    2. if not will you quit (or keep banging your head against the wall, when a match like we had here, keeps happening to you)

i believe those that adapt to the system sc provides for their game will be rewarded, and those that do not will be punished.

when you step back and look at the match from a statistics point of view, and disregard the opinions, to me the system is screaming "perma / max strategies are not the meta anymore".

all subject to change at their whim of course.
    if they do make such a huge change, i'd be the first to admit of being a fool if i don't follow along.

until then i will continue as planned, with their implied acceptance.

Pro Member
    what if they don't? nbd, i still play
    what if their lack of drastic game changing modifications to the system is an unofficial blessing of the status quo of the past years. It ties back to money.

assuming they leave things as they are or only minor tweaks:
    1. will you adapt? How do you know I havent?
    2. if not will you quit (or keep banging your head against the wall, when a match like we had here, keeps happening to you) Maybe , I like to expand my view by seeing what others think/see

when you step back and look at the match from a statistics point of view, and disregard the opinions, to me the system is screaming "perma / max strategies are not the meta anymore". Some of us play for close wars that are even on paper, not blow outs and big win streaks that are won before the match happens? just like some like to push trophies or barch walls. Why do you feel like you need to dictate the play of others?

all subject to change at their whim of course. Yup. eg.. TH snipe.