Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Standards are Offensive speech?? Really?!?!?!

Fresh Spawn

Standards are Offensive speech?? Really?!?!?!

While in Global Chat trying to recruit for my clan I got booted for Inappropriate comments..
    Me: Level 10 adult war clan looking for members, must be th9 or higher with 20 20 heroes or higher
    Me: please read before you request

Person 1: can I join your clan

Me: did you read the description? ( I then scout his base, not even a TH8 )

Person 2: (In some backwards Yoda speak) I can join your clan

Me : (scout person 2 base) Oh yeah... Your are a TH9 with 20 20 hereos?

SUPERCELL : CHAT UNAVAILABLE! other players have reported you for inappropriate comments

This reveals the absurdity of your report system. You obviously do not investigate for yourself. And if you do then you find Standards offensive. Someone entitled little snowflake has a meltdown because they are not what someone is looking for and have people booted? You people should not BOT boot like you do with reports. You should actually have a team for investigating. This is a Poor handling on your part. You are (hopefully) inadvertently allowing easily offended people rule your chat board. If you can't be honest in what you are looking for then what is the point in trying to use your global chat to recruit to actually make your Clan better.. Not just allow any person that wants in on a whim that may leave you in the middle of a war.
    Please re visit how you handle booting people from chat. If there are inappropriate comment flags thrown, have a person check it.. You might find that some things aren't offensive, just honest. I feel like I should be allowed to protect my clan and as long as I am not turning to personal attacks or abusive language than the report should be declined and the reporter should not be taken as seriously on his/her next reporting.
    I have been playing this game for years, I don't troll in the message boards, I do fire a few shots after I have taken a verbal beating for a while, so to say I am perfectly innocent all the time would be false. But I definitely didn't deserve the ban. I am highly disappointed in your handling of this. I hope you correct this for future players.

Quote Originally Posted by xdreme View Post
    While in Global Chat trying to recruit for my clan I got booted for Inappropriate comments..
    Me: Level 10 adult war clan looking for members, must be th9 or higher with 20 20 heroes or higher
    Me: please read before you request

Person 1: can I join your clan

Me: did you read the description? ( I then scout his base, not even a TH8 )

Person 2: (In some backwards Yoda speak) I can join your clan

Me : (scout person 2 base) Oh yeah... Your are a TH9 with 20 20 hereos?

SUPERCELL : CHAT UNAVAILABLE! other players have reported you for inappropriate comments

This reveals the absurdity of your report system. You obviously do not investigate for yourself. And if you do then you find Standards offensive. Someone entitled little snowflake has a meltdown because they are not what someone is looking for and have people booted? You people should not BOT boot like you do with reports. You should actually have a team for investigating. This is a Poor handling on your part. You are (hopefully) inadvertently allowing easily offended people rule your chat board. If you can't be honest in what you are looking for then what is the point in trying to use your global chat to recruit to actually make your Clan better.. Not just allow any person that wants in on a whim that may leave you in the middle of a war.
    Please re visit how you handle booting people from chat. If there are inappropriate comment flags thrown, have a person check it.. You might find that some things aren't offensive, just honest. I feel like I should be allowed to protect my clan and as long as I am not turning to personal attacks or abusive language than the report should be declined and the reporter should not be taken as seriously on his/her next reporting.
    I have been playing this game for years, I don't troll in the message boards, I do fire a few shots after I have taken a verbal beating for a while, so to say I am perfectly innocent all the time would be false. But I definitely didn't deserve the ban. I am highly disappointed in your handling of this. I hope you correct this for future players.
    I can see you're frustrated.

It's possible to gang up on a person in Global chat and get them temporarily banned. Shake it off. Maybe reflect on the tone of your responses and keep in mind the audience in Global. I don't see SC investing resources into investigating every chat that is reported in Global.
    Playing since December 2012
    Accounts:
    JFSoul; Colin's Fury; JS Navy; 5 TH10/9s
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Tip: check the base then just hit mute if they aren't what you said you were recruiting, rather than replying. It's a wild and sometimes stupid place there at some points overrun by feral behaviour, unfortunately.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

The best thing to do is to screenshot it all until you get banned again and then ask SC to explain. They won't but you are far less likely to get banned again.

Forum Veteran
    Super Cell has gotten so politically correct its absurd. As you pointed out, they dont actually investigate anyone, they instead have bots ban people based on stupid reports. The number of times I see kids post "report so and so, he was mean to me" because the person told them they were rushed or they simply couldnt join because they were a TH4. Its an absurd system built on top of a hyper politically correct group of people afraid to hurt even the slightest snow flakes feelings.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.

Centennial Club
    Don't go on global chat. Don't recruit on global chat. Just forget it exists.

It's a feature for the younger players to chat aimlessly, and for foreigners who don't use or can't access things like Discord, TS, or Kik.

I've never used it. And never been banned. Soo...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Tip: check the base then just hit mute if they aren't what you said you were recruiting, rather than replying..
    Great advice!

Another bit of advice I've discovered (which isn't necessarily practical, but is certainly effective) is have a good league badge. No one wants to anger the Titan level player for some reason. Then you've also got to deal with constant friend requests and people begging to join your clan, but I've said no a lot more rudely than you and gotten away with it. The global ban is totally subjective and only lasts for a day. Seems like you got a salty bunch of fruit loops. You'll be back on within a day, don't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by xdreme View Post
    While in Global Chat...
    This is where it all went wrong...
    Global is unfortunately a cesspool, it's a shame but it's true.

I empathise with your issue, we have all seen it, but theres not a lot that can be done to change the system.
    Its works on a group vote system (7ish votes against a person is a 24 hour ban)
    theres no way support can keep on top of it and theres no way it's worth removing either, or global would be a spam bots dream (like chinese servers, if you want to see amazing spam, check it out, mind blowing)

best bet is use other means to recruit, these forums are just one of many ways to try recruiting.

Good luck, and next time, just don't engage anyone that doesn't meet your requirements, people are delicate in global and very likely on a red cordial high, dont upset them, just ignore them and they will ignore you.
    🌿🌿🌿👀🌿🌿🌿
    The official Nerf application just had it's newest addition... Bh complaints!
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...86#post6447286
    still a work in progress though..

Honestly, that was probably the best thing for your clan. 1/50 people you recruit from there will not attempt to loot and bail in your wars.

Thank supercell instead.
    Last edited by RagingKoala; April 18th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.
    Come see me for seige machines: #28Y8QVG2V
    My sunscreen business is thriving since SC removed the clouds
    #​MAGA