Thread: Want to figure out someone's WAR STAR AVG please!

Want to figure out someone's WAR STAR AVG please!

Please show how many wars someone has participated in and 'true war stars', not just stars counted towards a war but all of them so we can calculate a true avg. This would be a dream come true!!

Hi there,

today the API only supplies war info on clan level (no participant list, no In/Out status, ...)

For the rest it will remain dream for the time being unless you want to make it become sweat.

Your solutions are not sitting in the API but you can start a speadsheet or a database if you have more time to spend on it.
    but every war, you will have to feed it manually, attack per attack, player per player...
    and then you think... hum let's put also the defenses to see if this or that player should improve it...

but think about what you want to record... average attack score or defense score is meaningless unless you also compare it to attack's target / attacking player.

Let's take 2 example for demonstration
    - If player 2 on your side of the map three stars player 48 of the other side of the map, his average will increase yes... but it was a cleanup attack so should it count?

- A very good player on his level on the map constantly 3 star is opponent (mirrored position or whatever your strategy is) but one time his opponent was taken and he goes for a stronger one and fails with a 99% 1star...
    His score takes a hit down for something not really fair in my opinion.

Now if a player is at the bottom of a map, he will always have to fight equal or higher (and therefore stronger... usually) so his average star will probably be lower. That doesn't mean that he is less good though...

If he is a the top he could have the advantage (if he is only TH11 and his clan TH10, 9, ...) he would "easily" 3 star and have good defense score but not necessarily a better fighter than the one above.

Now let's add to this the fact that positions on a map may vary depending on participants... what a mess...

speaking of other participants
    Even if this average was considering the delta position of the opponent (0 when mirror, +1 when 1 position higher on the map, ...) you should then compare this to other participants in a same war to approximate the weight of those opponents.

or better find a way to know war weights and base your average star per attack calculation integrating it..

If you are still reading congratulations =)

This information is not available in the API and if it was, it wouldn't be meaningful unless it's much more than what you ask.
    Or I didn't understand what you meant by "True average".

Cheers'

Quote Originally Posted by OriOn86 View Post
    Hi there,

today the API only supplies war info on clan level (no participant list, no In/Out status, ...)

For the rest it will remain dream for the time being unless you want to make it become sweat.

Your solutions are not sitting in the API but you can start a speadsheet or a database if you have more time to spend on it.
    but every war, you will have to feed it manually, attack per attack, player per player...
    and then you think... hum let's put also the defenses to see if this or that player should improve it...

but think about what you want to record... average attack score or defense score is meaningless unless you also compare it to attack's target / attacking player.

Let's take 2 example for demonstration
    - If player 2 on your side of the map three stars player 48 of the other side of the map, his average will increase yes... but it was a cleanup attack so should it count?

- A very good player on his level on the map constantly 3 star is opponent (mirrored position or whatever your strategy is) but one time his opponent was taken and he goes for a stronger one and fails with a 99% 1star...
    His score takes a hit down for something not really fair in my opinion.

Now if a player is at the bottom of a map, he will always have to fight equal or higher (and therefore stronger... usually) so his average star will probably be lower. That doesn't mean that he is less good though...

If he is a the top he could have the advantage (if he is only TH11 and his clan TH10, 9, ...) he would "easily" 3 star and have good defense score but not necessarily a better fighter than the one above.

Now let's add to this the fact that positions on a map may vary depending on participants... what a mess...

speaking of other participants
    Even if this average was considering the delta position of the opponent (0 when mirror, +1 when 1 position higher on the map, ...) you should then compare this to other participants in a same war to approximate the weight of those opponents.

or better find a way to know war weights and base your average star per attack calculation integrating it..

If you are still reading congratulations =)

This information is not available in the API and if it was, it wouldn't be meaningful unless it's much more than what you ask.
    Or I didn't understand what you meant by "True average".

Cheers'
    I read your first paragraph then skipped to the bottom because i understand all of this and have done some manual processes in the past and adjusted weight by targets etc... but what I would truly like to see is how many wars have been won with someone and without. That would be amazing..
    Last edited by Agester; April 18th, 2017 at 12:32 PM.

Banned
    supercell's first priority is to focus on something that will bring $$$$$ to their pockets.

i wonder how this API things can bring them money???

This is a good question,

I don't believe the API as is will generate any direct profit to them since is "free" to use (as long as some copyrights flags are respected)

I don't know what Supercell's idea was behind the deployment of the API but having people generating content around their product shows community's passion over their product and this is a good advertisement for them (and a free one!!!).

On top of that if content is good enough or they see potential into it, their therms and condition stipulates that:
    "Supercell reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service."
    And this, if I understand well, is free development for them as well =)

They have never been into direct profit, their games are free to play. Money comes later, in one way or the other.

Again it's just my opinion and I like that they do it this way.

Hi, I noticed you also replied on the currentwar thread...

with this new API request, my first answer is now totally wrong

Keep in mind that average the stars/atk can be meaningless though

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OriOn86 View Post
    This is a good question,

I don't believe the API as is will generate any direct profit to them since is "free" to use (as long as some copyrights flags are respected)

I don't know what Supercell's idea was behind the deployment of the API but having people generating content around their product shows community's passion over their product and this is a good advertisement for them (and a free one!!!).

On top of that if content is good enough or they see potential into it, their therms and condition stipulates that:
    "Supercell reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service."
    And this, if I understand well, is free development for them as well =)

They have never been into direct profit, their games are free to play. Money comes later, in one way or the other.

Again it's just my opinion and I like that they do it this way.
    I totally agree with this, the API allows to make big site that engage Player in the game further, allowing them to manage more effectively their Clans etc... League of Legends also have an API for example, for the same reasons .
    Hey Chief!
    Checkout Clash of Stats! Free Live Clan Page, Historical Data, Clans Rankings and Players Rankings.
    Awesome feature you would like to see? Critics? Tell me here!