Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Balance Changes Live! (4/19)

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Balance Changes Live! (4/19)

The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting, listening to the community and looking at the stats. You can expect regular balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.

In this round of balance changes we're taking a look at the Royal Giant, Elite Barbarians and... need we say more? Read on!!

Royal Giant: Deploy Time to 2sec (from 1sec)
    - Tweaking his deploy time gives the defender a bit more time to react to Royal Giants played at the bridge or in the pocket (on your side of the Arena once a tower is down). Listen to the latest episode of Radio Royale for more insight on this change and some of the others below!

Elite Barbarians: Hitpoints -4%, initial attack comes 0.1sec slower
    - This change will make Elite Barbarians a bit easier to deal with. They'll still be a threat and can take down big dudes on defense before going on a counter push, but they won't be quite as punishing.

Furnace: Hitpoints -5%
    - Furnace offers really nice support to your offense, but its high hitpoints also make it a bit too strong on defense. A small tweak will help here.

Goblin Hut: Hitpoints +5%
    - Goblin Hut has lived in the shadow of the Furnace for long enough! This change, in conjunction with the one above, should make them both interesting and viable options depending on your deck.

Electro Wizard: Hit Speed to 1.8sec (from 1.7sec)
    - Electro Wizard offers a bit too much damage and control for a ranged support troop. A lower hit speed will tone him down in both areas.

Executioner: Damage +6%
    - Now that all of the Executioner's bugs have been ironed out, we can return him to his former glory! This will also make him a great option for countering the increasingly popular Lava Hound based decks.

Balloon: Death Damage delay to 3sec (from 1sec)
    - It's great to see the Balloon become a more viable offense card since the last change; however, we'd like to add a bit more Death Damage delay to allow for better counterplay.​

Skeleton Army: Skeleton count decreased to 14 (from 15)
    - Another critical change to maintain the delicate balance of "Skeletal equilibrium" within the Arena. Probably.

Lumberjack: Hitpoints +4%
    - He's strong, fast and drops an interesting Rage effect, but in many situations he simply lacks the hitpoints to be really effective. A few more will help!

Please leave your thoughts and feedback below!

See you in the Arena,
    The Clash Royale Team

Waiting for it@

Hmm nice little tweaks for sure. The furnace one I especially appreciate with the RG rework and EB slight downgrade. Nice!
    My Big Threadlist | The Hog's Journal |
    Oblivious: The Golem II |
    Forumers' Handbook to Debate
    CR Tag: #20LJVJUG
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatech10 View Post
    Please wait until the banana explode changes this month,

Nice update
    Now nobody will call RG players as unskilled or noobs.
    Was expecting some changes for sparky but i guess we'll have to wait more.
    Last edited by yash889; April 16th, 2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Level- 11, PB-4720, Arena- Legendary
    Leader of Delhi East clan, Top 80 in locals

Skeleton Army: Skeleton count decreased to 14 (from 15)
    - Another critical change to maintain the delicate balance of "Skeletal equilibrium" within the Arena. Probably.

they have ocd
    Last edited by lilangel1; April 16th, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

Electro Wizard gets nerfed, and Lumberjack gets buffed!

Best Easter gift ever!
    Last edited by ChiefScarvash; April 16th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

Banned
    Nice balance, now ewiz users are crying so badly also EB hahaha

why add more hitpoints for lumberjack? it can solo tower already

Banned
    And I just decided to start useing lumberjack again

Royal Giant: Well, I personally don't think Royal Giant is very good except if you use him to get unavoidable damage when one tower is down. The nerf prevents that and makes reacting with a building in such a situation possible. Royal Giant has seen little use at tournament level and this nerf will probably make him completely unviable in tournaments. But at least it makes overleveled ones weaker. Though I don't really think it's the right approach to just nerf the common win condition so you have to overlevel them in order to be good. The rarity of those cards should've been changed or more common win conditions shouls be introduced in the future to push diversity on ladder.

Ebarbs: Same as Royal Giant.

Furnace: I personally don't have problems with it but I see where the complaints come from. This nerf makes the annoying chip building less effective in defense.

Gob Hut: Nice!

Ewiz: Yes! Arguably the best support card right now seen in many decks and stealing aspects from other legendary cards (Ice wiz, Lumberjack) but doing it better really deserved a nerf IMO. But he's still an unnecessary hard counter to cards like Sparky or ID so I would've loved to see a nerf in a different direction. At least with the nerf he will be less common in decks.

Executioner: Ok! Makes him a little bit stronger again to try and keep spell bait in check.

Balloon: Hmm. Using a similar approach like Giant Skeleton back in the day is interesting. Defending Minions won't be killed if they aren't further distracted. The death damage for the tower and everything else remains the same. Ok! I've never been a fan of nerfing the hp anyways since that would just push lazy rocket defending (and I'm a rocket user myself).

Skeleton Army: Well

Lumberjack: I don't really think Lumberjack is unique enough to be a legendary. Idk. What would make him more unique is increasing the elixir cost and change other stats but make him drop another spell additionally like clone (or maybe heal?). The hp buff is a nice start though.
    Last edited by CaptainNiveau; April 16th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.