Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: offense is op at th9 and below, and an attack strategy we are using

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    They are also the predominant 3 star attack strategy at TH10 too.
    I see more loons at 10 then 9 these days. 10v10 is only loon. maybe gobowitch if the bases is lower.

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfDusk View Post
    Who says engineers have no skill? To compensate for no heroes, I'd wager that more skill is needed
    How does this come into the play?

And if you are going to ask "who says engineers have no skill?", then the answer without doubt is me. 90% of the engineered clans we face have zero skill. They are so used to dips and weak bases than when they get another engineered clan as an opponent, they fail horribly. In our last war they couldn't take out our 72 and 70 weight 9.5s on top with lvl6 warden and maxed bowlers.

In contrast when we face a non-engineered clan, I see much better attackers most of the time. They can't really win - because it's hard to take down our engineered bases with th9 armies, and we do have 10-12 th10 attacks to cleanup their th9s - but they do get up to 1-2 stars below perfect.

Vikingchief was in visiting in my clan when this last war started, he can tell you what an advantage the enemy had over us. They weren't just engineered, they had the defensive weight advantage on us too - due to a mismatch. Their top 3 all had 3 maxed x-bows and the topmost player also had half of his point defenses at maxed th11 levels. We were expecting a draw or a loss, but ended up with 45-35, with all 4 of their th11 attacks failing on our th9.5s and all of their th9 attacks failing on our th8.5s, the only higher 3 star they got were 2 th10 attacks vs 9.5s. This is not even an exception, this is how most engineered clans are.
    Leader of clan Purity - #8U82RCR9
    (300/76 war score, clan level 12, recruiting th3-th10,
    best win streak: 30, ended on 8/16/2016, best perfect war streak: 13, in progress)

DOCATE (def) - the food of the Psychic Octopus
    #BringBackDave

This is basically what my clan is doing, either queen pop or straight up penta without thought. This is why I scratch my head when people say TH9 is fun/diversity/strategy. They even claim you need to max multiple armies and have good heroes for war. My accounts have 0/0 heroes and still score many 3 stars against maxed TH9s and 2 stars against maxed TH10
    Don't know why you need to be inflammatory and bash me 3 separate times within 2 posts

My roster pulls tons of maxed TH9s, just that we have the infernos to stop their 30/30. We are always on the inferno side in the infernos vs heroes debate.

The best bases are dipped, 10 bowlers and any TH9 base is done, regardless of what heroes the attacker has, only skill needed. Most common bases can be easily bowler-walked by a TH9, those anti-3 with ADs on one side of the base are easy meat to this strategy. Then once 2 ADs are down, send 3 hounds and heal spells to win the base. Sometimes you can't do that so a zapquake is needed, but heal spells dominate as well. Sometimes cc hog+heal can take out an AD easily and lure cc at the same time.

Enemies tend to copy cwl bases, so not many are easy pushovers as you might think. But even the best cwl bases have glaring weaknesses, they expect to be hit by a particular army from a particular direction. We just spam penta on most bases and we can easily get many 3 stars before the hard hitters use those scouts to tailor 3 star attacks

Who says engineers have no skill? To compensate for no heroes, I'd wager that more skill is needed
    I love the moving of the goalposts. First it's "we just spam penta at everything without heroes and it's an automatic 3* against 9s and 2* against 10s."

Then it's "my clan pulls tons of max th9s, they're matched against TH10s though cause we engineer."

"the best th9 bases are dipped, which is a luxury we have because we're an engineered clan, 10 bowlers from a th10 will take down th9s." (Really, you don't say, color me shocked!)

"we bowler walk one side of base, then lavaloon the backside" (what happenened to th9 just spamming penta on fellow th9!?)

and finally, "we just spam penta on MOST bases and can easily get MANY 3 stars BEFORE THE HARD HITTERS USE THOSE SCOUTS TO TAILOR 3 STAR ATTACKS."

Man, it's amazing how fast the initial claim was backed off from without actually admitting it was nothing more than bravado from the start. It goes from "spam penta without heroes, automatic 3*," to engineered th10 dips, and bowler walks, and scouts for heavy hitters. Again, considering the source I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!
    TH11 - Lvl 166 - AQ45 - BK45 - GW20
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Is 'jog' in AppStore or google play? I don't seem to find it.

Signature by Gutodh

Forum Veteran
    Don't know why you need to be inflammatory and bash me 3 separate times within 2 posts

My roster pulls tons of maxed TH9s, just that we have the infernos to stop their 30/30. We are always on the inferno side in the infernos vs heroes debate.

The best bases are dipped, 10 bowlers and any TH9 base is done, regardless of what heroes the attacker has, only skill needed. Most common bases can be easily bowler-walked by a TH9, those anti-3 with ADs on one side of the base are easy meat to this strategy. Then once 2 ADs are down, send 3 hounds and heal spells to win the base. Sometimes you can't do that so a zapquake is needed, but heal spells dominate as well. Sometimes cc hog+heal can take out an AD easily and lure cc at the same time.

Enemies tend to copy cwl bases, so not many are easy pushovers as you might think. But even the best cwl bases have glaring weaknesses, they expect to be hit by a particular army from a particular direction. We just spam penta on most bases and we can easily get many 3 stars before the hard hitters use those scouts to tailor 3 star attacks

I wasn't bashing you at all, why are you being so defensive? I merely stated that your experience is not necessarily indicative of the wider player base due to your war roster engineering. I will say, however, that you kind of forgot to mention that you were claiming that heroes are not necessary to 3* a th9 using a DIP ATTACK FROM A TH10. That's a huge difference from a th9 mirror 3*.

Neither I nor anybody else in this thread needs a lesson from you on how beat up on a weaker base, with or without heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I'd love to see some replays of these automatic TH9 3* with loons. I notice both players saying it's an automatic kill are in engineered clans, so probably not seeing the same quite the same bases as others are.
    Is Onyx attacking you too, SOD? Because he just said exactly the same thing I did, with exactly the same lack of ill intent I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    I love the moving of the goalposts. First it's "we just spam penta at everything without heroes and it's an automatic 3* against 9s and 2* against 10s."

Then it's "my clan pulls tons of max th9s, they're matched against TH10s though cause we engineer."

"the best th9 bases are dipped, which is a luxury we have because we're an engineered clan, 10 bowlers from a th10 will take down th9s." (Really, you don't say, color me shocked!)

"we bowler walk one side of base, then lavaloon the backside" (what happenened to th9 just spamming penta on fellow th9!?)

and finally, "we just spam penta on MOST bases and can easily get MANY 3 stars BEFORE THE HARD HITTERS USE THOSE SCOUTS TO TAILOR 3 STAR ATTACKS."

Man, it's amazing how fast the initial claim was backed off from without actually admitting it was nothing more than bravado from the start. It goes from "spam penta without heroes, automatic 3*," to engineered th10 dips, and bowler walks, and scouts for heavy hitters. Again, considering the source I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!
    Ok, SOD, I'll give you that this looks kinda aggressive. Accurate, but aggressive. Perhaps you were seeing the future and somehow mistook me for nerfedname?
    Last edited by MossackFonseca; 1 Week Ago at 01:55 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dorsan View Post

And if you are going to ask "who says engineers have no skill?", then the answer without doubt is me. 90% of the engineered clans we face have zero skill. They are so used to dips and weak bases than when they get another engineered clan as an opponent, they fail horribly. In our last war they couldn't take out our 72 and 70 weight 9.5s on top with lvl6 warden and maxed bowlers.

In contrast when we face a non-engineered clan, I see much better attackers most of the time. They can't really win - because it's hard to take down our engineered bases with th9 armies, and we do have 10-12 th10 attacks to cleanup their th9s - but they do get up to 1-2 stars below perfect.

Vikingchief was in visiting in my clan when this last war started, he can tell you what an advantage the enemy had over us. They weren't just engineered, they had the defensive weight advantage on us too - due to a mismatch. Their top 3 all had 3 maxed x-bows and the topmost player also had half of his point defenses at maxed th11 levels. We were expecting a draw or a loss, but ended up with 45-35, with all 4 of their th11 attacks failing on our th9.5s and all of their th9 attacks failing on our th8.5s, the only higher 3 star they got were 2 th10 attacks vs 9.5s. This is not even an exception, this is how most engineered clans are.
    I'd say that it depends. Certainly, many engineered clans get complacent/lazy, or they just get too used to dip attacks and forget or never learn how to attack their mirror. However, some engineered clans have excellent skills. I'd say that it's probably not much different from facing a balanced clan, sometimes they're studs, sometimes they're average, and sometimes they're duds.

And if you are going to ask "who says engineers have no skill?", then the answer without doubt is me. <snip>

This is not even an exception, this is how most engineered clans are.
    I have to agree in the main but I will say that as we have progressed to having multiple max TH11's to go with our TH10/9.XX bases, we have seen some solid attackers and have had some really close wars...

Also, dips are common everywhere at TH10/11 in my experience and not just in engineered clans...

Quote Originally Posted by MossackFonseca View Post
    I'd say that it depends. Certainly, many engineered clans get complacent/lazy, or they just get too used to dip attacks and forget or never learn how to attack their mirror. However, some engineered clans have excellent skills. I'd say that it's probably not much different from facing a balanced clan, sometimes they're studs, sometimes they're average, and sometimes they're duds.
    Just like most other clans that I have seen, the range of skills falls into
    those basic categories...
    Last edited by Denton; 1 Week Ago at 02:11 PM.

Awesome sig pic by
    evertonjeff! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by SSeleulc View Post
    I consider it fairplay whenever my clan wins and obvious cheating whenever we lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by PigulusMaximus View Post
    Different than me = wrong and must be destroyed.its how the World has been forever. Peabrains rule.

I tend to agree with most of what you say, but shaking my head at the "who says.. no skill.. I do". There is a huge difference between a truly engineered clan, anchors, high heroes, high walls up top. Strong non inferno upper, developed th9's, and dless on bottom vs. most of the newly engineered clans, with a handful of people who have engineered bases. The clans that have been engineering for a while, are the only ones that are organized and know how to attack.

The balanced base clans are at a disadvantage, but we find that these are the ones who can't clear our th9's without dipping, can't clear our .5's, and fail against our top. These are the clans that should be able to challenge, but generally don't.

I have seen great attacks from dless, great attacks from max. I've seen laughable attacks from engineered, laughable from max. I don't think there is any correlation from maxing your base both offense and defense attacks and war attacks. You can max a th11 with barch, enough nexts, time, gems. Doesn't mean you can plan and execute a war attack.

As I keep reading and rereading, I seem to be confused here. At no point did I say penta was a 100% surefire way to 3 star without heroes. The only thing I said was "many 3 stars", I'll let you interpret what percentage that means. Yet people see my name and start bashing without rational thought.

GG 2.00bil, EE 2.00bil, HH 10mil
    Maxed heroes, maxed walls, maxed defenses
    Guides to Rushing
    My life is in the mercy of the scoundrel who chooses to put me in a passion ~John Hunter

I'd tend to say Golem+bowlers killsquad + backend laloon (3 or 2 hounds depends) is much more reliable
    I only see Pentas on symmetrical bases, or bases where it's know there are no air targeting units in cc
    Clash of Clans: TH11/10/9

Clash Royale: 71/71 cards | 4.1k wins

Pro Member
    As I keep reading and rereading, I seem to be confused here. At no point did I say penta was a 100% surefire way to 3 star without heroes. The only thing I said was "many 3 stars", I'll let you interpret what percentage that means. Yet people see my name and start bashing without rational thought.
    Noone (in regular maxed mixed war clans) Pentas anymore buddy. Quad hound/ loon these days.

That's how we know.... what nerfedname said...