Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Engineering....Why?

How have you played for 4 years when COC has only been around for 3? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by wakeNbakeBro View Post
    In August it will hit 5 years. Hmmmmmm lol

I think we have an alt account that is a th10 with mostly maxed defense and walls and only barbs and archers unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeNbakeBro View Post
    pushing 5 years now smarty
    Leader of Violet Vipers
    TH9 Max Def - 25/28 heroes

Honestly I am tired of the engineered bases matching. I have been playing for two years and one thing that drew me to this game was the strategy and the excitement of clan wars and how people were proud of non rushed bases cause it took patience and skill to build your base and be creative. Then there were the wars where you try to outsmart your opponent with your base and attacking skills. So where is that with engineered bases? So you build your base up so high you no longer have to have any skill in attacking cause your troops were never meant for a poor TH9. Your creative base design to fool the other player.. you no longer care. How sad where this is going. Everyone argues this is strategy and anything to win wars.. how sad, I think you have missed the point. Supercell if you care enough to read this you are loosing some of your long term players (Guy in my clan been playing 4 years is quitting... its no longer fun. He has no reason to be proud of his attacks or base). To the other clans who are sick of these matchup, honestly boycott Engineered Base Match Ups. Put in your clan description Have Fun, we dont war with engineered bases. Save your loot. They will win anyways but hey its no fun if no one plays. I miss the clan wars where it was close.. its tied and your base is holding up under 6 attacks.. or your on the other side and your whole clan is rooting for you, everyone is on.. you can feel the excitement. Sad that has gone away.

I have been the stats guy for my family of clans for a long time. As far as I can tell, hero, troop and spell upgrades have always contributed to war weight and have only been adjusted slightly from time to time. To test my theory, check weight before and after you unlock the witch or that laboratory upgrade with the jump and freeze spell together. You may not move up spots on the war map but I expect your numbers will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangClanXman View Post
    I have been the stats guy for my family of clans for a long time. As far as I can tell, hero, troop and spell upgrades have always contributed to war weight and have only been adjusted slightly from time to time. To test my theory, check weight before and after you unlock the witch or that laboratory upgrade with the jump and freeze spell together. You may not move up spots on the war map but I expect your numbers will increase.
    From what I have read, the war weight value in resources on the war map on battle day (most accepted definition of "war weight") only represents your defensive war weight, not offense. So, upgrading a troop should not affect the defensive war weight.
    IGN: Hawker / Leader of Army of Dragons (#2L88RQQR) / Casual but competitive war clan - apply in game or message Hawker_CoC on Kik messenger.

Your stats are way off since the war weight you can see by looking at the gold available in storages is your defensive weight and the map is in order of that defensive weight only.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade01 View Post
    Guy in my clan been playing 4 years is quitting... its no longer fun.
    It is natural for long-time players to eventually get bored and quit, especially once they have completed the building aspect. That's one of the reasons I am in no hurry to get to the end of the upgrade road.
    They will win anyways but hey its no fun if no one plays.
    If you think that engineer clans have an easy win all of the time, ask yourself why they would care if you fight back or not.
    I miss the clan wars where it was close.. its tied and your base is holding up under 6 attacks.. or your on the other side and your whole clan is rooting for you, everyone is on.. you can feel the excitement. Sad that has gone away.[/QUOTE]
    My clan still has wars like that on a regular basis. Maybe you need to try doing your wars differently if you get nothing but engineers and boring wars. It would be nice if SC could rebuild the matchmaker so that it delivered fair matchups to all, regardless of preferred playing style, but we might have to wait a long time for that. While I wait, I'm going to keep making adjustments to keep the game enjoyable for me. If the day comes where I can no longer do so, I'll put the collectors out and promote someone else to leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    From what I have read, the war weight value in resources on the war map on battle day (most accepted definition of "war weight") only represents your defensive war weight, not offense. So, upgrading a troop should not affect the defensive war weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Your stats are way off since the war weight you can see by looking at the gold available in storages is your defensive weight and the map is in order of that defensive weight only.
    As correctly pointed out upgrading a freeze spell or unlocking the witch will not effect your position on the map or gold storage values, as these are Defensive weight only. Offensive weight is hidden from you.😀