Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Form]How to politely inform the ideas sub forum about repeat/ruled out ideas

Banned

[Form]How to politely inform the ideas sub forum about repeat/ruled out ideas

Alrighty, this is similar the the FCCCoCC, except I will try to make it a more positive out look.

We should consider first off that only one person per thread needs to do this.

Second, always be constructive with this.

Third, if the situation gets heated, be the blogger person and try to defuse the situation, or walk away.

Fourth, remember we all had to start out similarly, so always try to encourage new members, as they could be very beneficial to the forums at large.

I'll create a forum to make all of our lives easier(it'll be in HTML, so you can copy the code as well):

HTML Code:
    Despite your idea having a benefit to the game, it unfortunately has either been:
    A)Ruled-out entirely; or
    B)Previously suggested

Here on the forums there is what's known as the [URL="http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1691-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-Ideas-ruled-out-subforum-guidelines"][I]Ideas Sticky[/I][/URL](The phrase "ideas sticky"is linked to the ideas sticky). It contains a number of already suggested ideas, as well as ideas that have been ruled-out. 

These are the ruled-out ideas:
    * Donating (or trading) resources or gems to (with) other players
    * An exchange building to convert between elixir, gold, dark elixir, or gems
    * Assigning multiple builders to one build/upgrade
    * Player search function
    * Ability to change village name
    * Resetting or restarting a specific village
    * Active / Live "Online Status" examples: colored icons, on/off indicator, etc.

You should also search your ideas beforehand. There are two guides to searching which both of their names will be linked to them:
    [URL="http://forum.supercell.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_search"]The FAQ's guide[/URL]
    [URL="http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/47976-Guide-to-Searching-the-Forums?p=431518&posted=1#post431518"]and a guide written by a forum member[/URL]

I hope you take this as constrictive criticism, and continue, with this information, to participate in the forums. More comprehensive information about the forums can be found in the following guide:
    [URL="http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/145608-Guide-Complete-Guide-to-the-Forums"]http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/145608-Guide-Complete-Guide-to-the-Forums[/URL]
    When responding to this bold whether it was ruled out or already suggested, and if ruled out, bold the ruled out item.

If there's enough support I can make this into an actual group, and maybe have a title for the post.

The words get cut off, but when you actually post it (without the specific bolding), it'll look like this:

Despite your idea having a benefit to the game, it unfortunately has either been:
    A)Ruled-out entirely; or
    B)Previously suggested

Here on the forums there is what's known as the Ideas Sticky(The phrase "ideas sticky"is linked to the ideas sticky). It contains a number of already suggested ideas, as well as ideas that have been ruled-out.

These are the ruled-out ideas:
    * Donating (or trading) resources or gems to (with) other players
    * An exchange building to convert between elixir, gold, dark elixir, or gems
    * Assigning multiple builders to one build/upgrade
    * Player search function
    * Ability to change village name
    * Resetting or restarting a specific village
    * Active / Live "Online Status" examples: colored icons, on/off indicator, etc.

You should also search your ideas beforehand. There are two guides to searching which both of their names will be linked to them:
    The FAQ's guide
    and a guide written by a forum member

I hope you take this as constrictive criticism, and continue, with this information, to participate in the forums. More comprehensive information about the forums can be found in the following guide:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-to-the-Forums
    Last edited by Forte; September 2nd, 2013 at 11:33 PM.

I'm very very sorry- but it was decided that any usage of "forms" or such would be considered spam posts- which are against forum rules -

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...es-%2A-Read%2A

Please consider some other way of going about this.

Sneakymaori made this quiet clear during the FCCCoCC attempts. You are more then welcome to PM him to discuss other possibilities-he is on a holiday though. Twister also had some input on the FCCCoCC - possibly some nice poster would dig through his posts to revive Twisters thoughts.

“Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.”

Outside my local Apple Store waiting to get my hands on that new iPhone 5S.
    Politeness. Ain't nobody got time for that!

This is how you say this LIKE A MAN!

"Hey, noob. Your idea stinks like a pile of number 2, plus it's already been mentioned googolplex times. Use the freaking search button!"

All Hail the Mighty Strab! (The Strab was created by Fishfam and caught on camera by Ranger)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Apostle Paul
    Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. -1 Timothy 4:12

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendra1168 View Post
    I'm very very sorry- but it was decided that any usage of "forms" or such would be considered spam posts- which are against forum rules -

Sneakymaori made this quiet clear during the FCCCoCC attempts. You are more then welcome to PM him to discuss other possibilities-he is on a holiday though. Twister also had some input on the FCCCoCC - possibly some nice poster would dig through his posts to revive Twisters thoughts.
    hmm kendra posts but doesnt close?

Hmmm Kendra is on but wont show up in clan!!! cmon!!! Haha and no, the fcccc whatever went down the wrong path... To each their own my friend let people inform them how THEY want, the forum would become lifeless if we had a "form" to tell people they r stupid sorrry

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
    Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    I'm not doing any level 11 walls

Banned

Hmm... would it be possible for the staff or moderators to help compose a "form" that is acceptable? As you may have read in OJM's moderation thread, one area of large aggresion is the I/FR subforum. One idea that we contemplated was a form that could be presented to these repeat ideas that was positive, constructive, but informed that the method of approaching the idea was incorrect. It was intended to be permitted so that the subforum was less hostile towards the newcomers.

Just saw a post from Twister saying that "read the sticky" was going to start being interpreted under the spam rule... good. Went on for far too long, and was a heck of a lot worse than this.

|Trophy Offer Formulas Discovered!|
    ^Now with a handy table linking offers and cup differences^

RIP Smash Land

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfam View Post
    Politeness. Ain't nobody got time for that!

This is how you say this LIKE A MAN!

"Hey, noob. Your idea stinks like a pile of number 2, plus it's already been mentioned googolplex times. Use the freaking search button!"
    That's the problem. We scare off newbies with that, and eliminate what could be a thoughtful, contributing member of the forums. We need to be constructive not constrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger3399 View Post
    Hmmm Kendra is on but wont show up in clan!!! cmon!!! Haha and no, the fcccc whatever went down the wrong path... To each their own my friend let people inform them how THEY want, the forum would become lifeless if we had a "form" to tell people they r stupid sorrry
    I'm alright with people having their own way, the problem is that it develops the wrong atmosphere on the forums. It's a case of "the right to swing my fists ends where another man's nose begins." Yes we should have the choice inform them in any way we choose, but the aggression and hostility discredits the forums to where we have to bust strut to get some sort of response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger3399 View Post
    I'm sorry- but I'm poolside now in real life- pool closes today we are all getting ready to enjoy "break all the pool rules"- the end of the year summer tradition! LOL. I only jumped on for a minute to check the feedback so far in the other thread and saw this. We all remember the fun of the last "form".

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    Hmm... would it be possible for the staff or moderators to help compose a "form" that is acceptable? As you may have read in OJM's moderation thread, one area of large aggresion is the I/FR subforum. One idea that we contemplated was a form that could be presented to these repeat ideas that was positive, constructive, but informed that the method of approaching the idea was incorrect. It was intended to be permitted so that the subforum was less hostile towards the newcomers.
    The mod team would have to discuss this with SC- but I will say this-

We all know the forum was more active then normal because of the summer holidays- but things are calming down as schools/colleges start back up and the summer winds down- people go back to work all of that. There has been a noticeable difference in the past 2 weeks alone.

The mod team has been taking breaks after all of the summer activity- but rest assured - we all want the forums to be as nice as you all! And yes,we all realize the ideas sections (on both sides of the forums) are particularly heavy in posting and need more eyes. But- as I've said other places- all feedback is appreciated.

Ok all- heading back poolside. Enjoy your morning/afternoon/evening.

“Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.”

I'm sorry- but I'm poolside now in real life- pool closes today we are all getting ready to enjoy "break all the pool rules"- the end of the year summer tradition! LOL. I only jumped on for a minute to check the feedback so far in the other thread and saw this. We all remember the fun of the last "form".

The mod team would have to discuss this with SC- but I will say this-

We all know the forum was more active then normal because of the summer holidays- but things are calming down as schools/colleges start back up and the summer winds down- people go back to work all of that. There has been a noticeable difference in the past 2 weeks alone.

The mod team has been taking breaks after all of the summer activity- but rest assured - we all want the forums to be as nice as you all! And yes,we all realize the ideas sections (on both sides of the forums) are particularly heavy in posting and need more eyes. But- as I've said other places- all feedback is appreciated.

Ok all- heading back poolside. Enjoy your morning/afternoon/evening.

Haha fine missy!!! But tomorrow after school i want to see your tushie in my clan!!! (can i talk to a mod like that without getting banned?)) (idk but yolo summer 2k13)

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
    Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    I'm not doing any level 11 walls