Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rules and Etiqutte for Global Chat: By TheRulingEmperor

Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Maligayang Pasko!

Rules and Etiqutte for Global Chat: By TheRulingEmperor

Forgive me if all I'm gonna write will be horrendous but this is my first time writing a long thread about stuff.

We all know that global chat has become a wasteland. However, we can still access its goodness.
    There are three things you can do that are beneficial for you and your clan and three things that will harm you and must try to avoid.

We will start out with the three good stuff and end with the bad stuff.

Table of contents

Rules and Contents of Global Chat

Visit
    View Clan/Invite
    Mute
    Etiquette
    Recruitment
    Interaction
    Actions ands Reactions on Events on Global Chat
    Conclusion

Rules and Contents of Global Chat

Rules of the Global Chat
    TOS
    -Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive.
    -Post any information that contains nudity,excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content.
    -Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harrasment,abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Supercell employees, including Supercell's customer service representative

Supercell reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of the rules of use or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms of Service or the Service itself. Supercell reserves the right to take action as a result, which may include terminating your Account and prohibiting you from using theService.

http://www.supercell.net/terms-of-service/

Contents of Global Chat

Profile- newest addition to the game. Shows all of the player's achievements. More materials can be added. (http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...le-suggestions)
    Visit- To visit one's village and to check his place out.
    View Clan/Invite- to see the clan the person is in or to invite him into your clan
    Report- To report a person who violated TOS. The most abused option.
    Mute- The second newest option. The most useful option when talking in global

The best thing that happened. You can use the profile to recruit members if you want to focus on donations, just checking how much they donated during the whole game will already show how active and generous the potential member will be.

Visit
    Visiting a player can be used to praise the specific player or to tell them how to improve the town.
    DO NOT USE VISIT TO HARASS HOW TERRIBLE THEIR TOWN IS!

View Clan/Invite
    if you dont have a clan or just want to see their clan, View clan is a great tool to see if the general clan body donates a lot or not.
    If you are inviting a person, Go to Recruitment section of the Thread.

This option is the most abused option. However, you can use this properly. Report the people who abuse TOS and you will be fine. You can only report 3 times per day and need 7 people to report you to get a 24 hour ban.

Mute
    The most useful option ever. If there is a spammer, you can always mute the spammer or if a person keeps on breaking TOS after you reported him, mute will take him of from your global chatroom. However, there is no Unmute button. Yet (i said yet because it might be plausible that Supercell will make the unmute option)

That concludes the first part of my Thread
    [Empty for the Anticipation of my Signature Victors]
    GameOfClash Leader | Global Rules and Etiquette | Clan List Organiser
    Reserved for Benediction for the Top Participants

Etiquette
    Recruitment
    Interaction
    Actions ands Reactions on Events on Global Chat
    Conclusion

Etiquette

Etiquette is important in Global Chatroom. Not only will it get you potential, members, it will also gain you friend.
    I gained a lot of friends recruiting on Global Chatroom. At most, i have befriended at least my whole clan with and two girls from different clans.

When you are entering Global Chat, dont say ************(something explicit) Rather, enter with politeness.
    When I enter global, i usually say "HELLO WORLD!" or Hello.
    When someone says hello, reply back. This will get them your attention.
    When someone says "What's up?", respond wittily, for example "my crumbleing roof" or "my post"

Try to use minimum abbreviation(excluding the ones used in Clash of Clans) and say thank you and No problem.
    When you leave, say good bye so they will notice that you left. If you dont, they thought they have left you alone and you just made yourself look like a jerk.
    Again, avoid profanity, curse words or anything that will harm anyone.

Recruitment
    Ever since we got Profile option, we can quickly scan through it and see if they are good donators or not.
    However, if you invited them, dont say " JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN PLZZZZZZZ!!!!" Dont!
    Rather, Use "Hello there ______. Would you consider joining into my clan or visit it?"
    If they accept, Greet them in Clan Chat, not in Global.
    If they dont, dont say noob or ***** or **** or be mean. be happy for them and communicate with them.

Interaction
    Interaction is generaly talking to them in nice ways. However, if someone says they are a girl, respect them. Be chivalrious. There are people out there who uses the Global Chat Room for their own uses. If someone asked you(if you are a girl) or any girl outside chatting apps, immediately respond "Do not answer that question!"

If she, however, offered you her account name on outside chatting apps, accept it, she might want to talk to you more.

Again, try to go to TOS if you want to vent your anger out. Do not do anything that are in the TOS or you will be reported. Sometimes, they will look at these reports and will either ban you longer pr ban you permanently from the game.

Action and Reaction

If someone is racist to one person, help defend them.
    If someone is abusive to someone, defend them.
    If someone is spamming the chat, mute them.
    If someone is harming everyone, alert the general global players to report the guy.

ITS YOUR JOB TO KEEP THE GLOBAL CHAT CLEAN, YOU NEED TO HELP SUPERCELL FROM KEEPING IT CLEAN!

Conclusion
    As my final words for these things, remember that Global Chat is a diamond in the rough. Polish it properly and it will be a shining diamond in the city upon a hill. Set a good example and gain friend in Global. Thank you for reading these words.

Sincerely, TheEmperor

----
    This messages are approved by ThEmperor

Feel free to reply

Ya! Finished!

great thread TheEmperor. i am now rethinking global chat, and its fetures
    IGN:Nicatron LvL:87 TH9

Wondering the CoC world...looking for a Clan

Nice thread!

A Storm is Coming
    |Recruitment Page Template|

" Do not walk behind me; I will not lead. Do not walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend "

Quote Originally Posted by Nicatron1003 View Post
    great thread TheEmperor. i am now rethinking global chat, and its fetures
    great way to get chicks..lol....jusr kidding.. use it wisely.
    Its like democracy...
    you dont participate, ill be your dictator. If you participate, ill be your president.

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy

Sincerely,
    TheEmperor

----
    TheEmperor Approves this message

Quote Originally Posted by Boltflare View Post
    Nice thread!
    thank you very much

Forum Mad Scientist SilverSword's Avatar
    I didn't get the point of the thread...

Was this to help improve global, because all I saw in this post was describing global. You did describe it well, though.
    puppyinatoaster / TH9

Quote Originally Posted by TheRulingEmperor View Post
    great way to get chicks..lol....jusr kidding.. use it wisely.
    Its like democracy...
    you dont participate, ill be your dictator. If you participate, ill be your president.

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
    John F. Kennedy

Sincerely,
    TheEmperor

----
    TheEmperor Approves this message
    im gonna have fun on global just the way i always have no reason to be nicer as that would be as good as possible
    IGN: TheLastClan lvl: 167 and a new th11
    In clan"Orange County"
    player ID: #2v2UP9GP
    i suppose it would serve no purpose to inform you that im awesome

ideas and feature requests i think

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch Vi Britannia
    I am not the one at fault,the World is.
    3DS FC:457091664420
    Feel free to add me and sending me a pm so i can add your FC too
    Playing Pokemon Y