Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mastermind's New Player Profile Stats (with Pictures!)

Mastermind's New Player Profile Stats (with Pictures!)

Mastermind's Updated Profile Page Idea

Hey all! I know this is more of a "Ideas & Suggestions" post, so if it's better there please move it. But since the profile page is more talked about on the General page and this page is generally viewed more, I figured it would fit in nicely here too!

I spent some time on Photoshop making what I thought could be an updated new look to the already very early stages of the Player Profile page. I've suggested potential new ideas for the Player Profile on these message boards, and viewed the Sticky thread going on about new ideas (will post this pic there too), so I decided to combine everything and make a visual representation of my idea. On the Sticky, I made sure NOT to include any of the ruled out ideas, like time played, clans joined, etc.

EDIT: There are A LOT of stats I've included, and most of this idea (at least the sheer number of stats I include) would largely depend on the server state and how well it would handle all this data. If it could, GREAT! I say include all the stats then! If not, no problem at all. In that case, I'd only include the most important stats: Highest Trophies Achieved, Start Date, Rankings, etc.

I also realize that some of the stats I show, such as Highest Trophies achieved are already included on the Profile Page in the achievements section, but I am making the important stats more visible and proudly shown off.

Hope you enjoy this long post! Here it is:

EDIT: After discussions in the comments and realization that the stats would be too small to read, the solution I made is to have the stats still appear in the same area, just make that area scroll-able and have the text be larger. It's the most simple solution to the issue. Thanks!

Here are my explanations for why I made it the way I did:

Start Date & Rankings: At the very top-left, I included some basic key stats: starting playing date, Language, and world/local rankings. In my opinion, these are very important stats to show off, and give recruiting clans more of an idea about how experienced the player is.

Current Trophies & Highest Trophies: At the top-middle, I included visuals of current trophies, as well as highest trophies ever reached with the league badge. I'm of the opinion that Highest Reached Trophies is one of the most important stats we need to have in the next update to player profiles, especially as big and as prominent as I have it. This stat is something we all want to show off and brag about. It would be great to trophy push and if we fall back down, visually be able to show how high we have gotten. It is my single favorite stat of the ones I included, which is again why I made it so prominent.

Clan Badges: This is a new idea (seen it mentioned once or twice in the Ideas & Suggestions section, most recently by tonyt) that I think would be a great inclusion into the game. There could be several badges for each clan (possibly only starting at clans with a minimum of 10 people) that would be handed out automatically at the end of each League Session. These badges would appear next to your name in the Clan page and stay there for a whole League session until a new one starts, then they would automatically be redistributed based on merit. Here are some ideas of potential badges I thought of:

Gold Badge = Clan member with the most gold raided at the end of a League Session.

Elixir Badge = Clan member with the most elixir raided at the end of a League Session.

Attack Badge = Clan member with the most successful attacks at the end of a League Session.

Best Donator Badge = Clan member with the most donations given at the end of a League Session.

Worst Donator Badge = Unlike the other badges, this one is one you would not want to have. This badge would go to the clan member with worst donation ratio at the end of a League Session. In my opinion, this could be a very minor way to help promote good donating in clans. If I had this badge after my name in the Clan Window and possibly even clan chat (clan chat would be great in my opinion), it would be embarrassing to the point of me really wanting to change and remove it next league session.

EDIT #1: Regalia first pointed out on page 2 that this badge might be controversial and start needless drama in clans. Many might agree with him, I personally think it would be great for competition! But if the issue was too great for some clans, one solution would be to allow clans to choose which badges would be given out with an on/off switch (in the Clan Stats section I show in the Clan Window update picture at the bottom of this post). Thanks for the insight Regalia!

EDIT #2: RICHYRICH mentioned on page 7 that he donates the most in his clan, but receives the most, which many times leads to him having the worst ratio. One solution for the Worst Donator Badge could be to turn it from the worst ratio to lowest amount donated. If there is a tie (say 2 people both have 0 donations) then either both could receive the badge, or the badge could go to the person with the most received between the 2 (a.k.a. worst ratio).

All these badges would add more community, fun, and competition within clans! One idea is to put small numbers next to the badges you have in the Badge area (at the top middle of the picture) to indicate how many times you have received that badge in total.

Other ideas for potential clan badges:
    - Most 3 stars
    - Most dark elixir stolen
    - Best defense
    - Gold Star badge = handed out by Clan leader to best clan member of that league session (in their opinion)

New Buttons: Currently, the Player Profile has the Visit and View Clan buttons. After making the image, I realize that I forgot to re-include the Visit button (but I'm not that great with Photoshop anyways). Anyways, in addition to View Clan (and Visit) I included:

Clan Invite Button = something suggested in the Sticky that many people would like, making it easier to invite a potential recruit.

Message Button = this feature has been asked by players for a long time now; a way to private message an individual player. To prevent abuse, spam, etc. there should be a long re-use timer not just for the specific player you message, but to everyone. So if you send a message to player A, you cannot send a message to player A or B for 30 minutes - 1 hour. This would help prevent Gem Scam Spam.

Favorite Replay = This button was not included in the picture, but it is something I'd love to see! In the sticky, the moderators told us that after each update, replay videos are wiped. That is fine, but I still think it would be neat to allow us to choose a favorite replay between updates so people can view them. An option could be given next to each attack/defense replay to allow us to add as favorite replay.

Statistics Section: This part is pretty self-explanatory, and includes a BUCKETLOAD of stats that were not ruled out in the Sticky thread. Yes, it might be a little overboard, but the more stats kept track of, the better in my opinion. I'm not sure data-wise/programming-wise if this many stats would be possible, but I can't imagine why not. I LOVE stats in game. Love them. Any game. I'm sure there are other stats I couldn't think of, so let me know which ones you think would be better to have and which ones should be taken out!

EDIT: It was pointed out by Kiwon on page 2 that the stats may be too small to read on an iPhone. I did not even realize that until it was mentioned (thanks Kiwon!) but one solution to fix it if it was a problem, would be to either have less stats and bigger text, or keep the same stats and make the text bigger, but allow us to scroll left and right to view the various stats. Again, if the server would allow it. Sooooo many stats after all, basically just put every one I could think of and the list kept growing, so I kept shrinking the text size haha!

Updated Clan Window: (UPDATE: added sort by button) Made this quickly to show how Clan Badges could look in the Clan window. Again, I think it would be great if they could also appear in Clan Chat too, but not necessary. Once again, the badges would be automatically re-distributed every League Session. I also included 2 new buttons and Clan Titles update:

Info Button: something we have all been wanting for awhile, a button that leads to a page allowing us to have more space to write information about the clan. Currently it is very difficult to write everything Clan Leaders want to say, such as website information, donation/troop requirements, and any other info we need to get across.

Stats Button: this button would lead to a small window showing the clan stats and history. It would show who has won each badge and how many times, total amount of gold raided, attacks, etc. It would show clan creation, clan hierarchy, and who is in what position.

New Clan Titles: As seen in the picture, more titles would be included. The traditional Leader and Elder still remain, but shown in the picture is Clan Co-Leader and Clan Officer. Officer could be right under elder, allowing us to promote people to give reward to loyalty, but without the potential of someone kicking another out. Co-leader would have all the rights of a leader.

Sort By Button: (EDIT): One idea I thought of while re-reading my post (that I know has been suggested many times) is to have a sort by button, essentially allowing the user to choose how the clan rankings are viewed. Options could include Most Trophies (as currently instructed), Highest Level, Most Donations, etc. The Clan Leader could be given the possible option of making one the default choice. I think it would be great if there was some option to tie in both Levels and Trophies (some formula) and have that as an option too!

Conclusion: Thanks for taking the time to view this very large thread. I know it's not perfect, and I'm sure I'll get some criticism like usual, but I welcome it and if you have any ideas or suggestions of how I should change things, please let me know! If you like my ideas, let me know as well! I spent some time on this, so appreciate any positive feedback

I hope you enjoyed it, and Happy Clashing!

P.S. Again, I think this should stay in General since we are all talking about the Profile Page here (and will post a link to this and the picture on the sticky right after this) but if it has to be moved, so be it. Thanks Mods
    Last edited by Mastermind; March 23rd, 2014 at 06:00 PM.

Mastermind | Level 155 | TH11 |
    Hyrule Knights | 323-75 in Clan Wars
    Clan Leader (Join us!) | Meet the Hyrule Knights! (Introduce Yourself)
    My Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea
    My Saved Base Layouts Idea | My In-Game Builder Idea (both now in game!)
    My Player Profile Update Idea

Millennial Club
    Well... this seems well thought out.

Ok. I didn't read all of it, but here are 2 points i picked up.

1. All those stats would either strain the server or take an age to load.
    2. You need to be able to block private messages.
    IGN: hamasterdam

New Guy
    Looks awesome it would be cool for supercell to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Hamius View Post
    Ok. I didn't read all of it, but here are 2 points i picked up.

1. All those stats would either strain the server or take an age to load.
    2. You need to be able to block private messages.
    Thanks for the input. I'm not a programmer and like I said in the thread, it might not be possible server-wise to include all of them, and if that is the case then obviously I wouldn't want all of them included if it meant lag or strained servers. This idea picture is just if it only were possible for the server to handle. Appreciate the insight.

Very well done!

Realy awesome ideas!

Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Maligayang Pasko!
    I love it. I actually start using profile for recruiting in the Global Chat.
    Add all of this and it will make my life easier.

With Approval,
    TheEmperor

---
    TheEmperor approves this message
    [Empty for the Anticipation of my Signature Victors]
    GameOfClash Leader | Global Rules and Etiquette | Clan List Organiser
    Reserved for Benediction for the Top Participants

Thanks all for the nice words

Thought I should state this again to clarify. This idea is ONLY if the server could handle it. It would be a massive amount of stats to keep track of, but if the server would freeze because of all the data, then I'd definitely not include that amount of stats. The ones I FOR SURE want included and prominently (not just a small text under an achievement) are:

1. Highest Trophies Reached
    2. Start Date
    3. Rankings (world and local)
    3. Some total stats

Wow, awesome thread, good job op
    IGN McGoat #9UYJCPRC Level 209, been a clasher from the very beginning

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.