Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offical Rules of the Signature Shop Section

I don't have my homework cause I got lost in the jungle and I had to eat my homework to survive.

Offical Rules of the Signature Shop Section

Table of contents
    Introduction
    Global shop rules

Individual shop rules
    Post Count
    Crediting your designs
    Request format
    Section Rules
    Keeping the section clean
    Breaking the rules

Throughout the history of the forum there have been many design shops. Many of them have come and gone. It is important to set your own rules in your shop, which I will explain. There has however, always been 1 global rule.

Never request the same design, at the same time, with more than one shop

Members of the forum have gone around and asked for say, a winter theme sig, with their name and clan, and then went to every single shop and posted their request. This is not allowed.
    Last edited by thecoolkyle; March 27th, 2017 at 07:41 PM.

An old designer.
    Dont click here

Help the creativity section survive and request a design.

I don't have my homework cause I got lost in the jungle and I had to eat my homework to survive.
    Creating your own shop rules.

Creating your own rules is one of the most important things to do. Rules can help keep you sane, and help the flow of requests from forum members.

Setting up a post count requirement

Setting up a post count is always needed in shops. A post count requirement stops certain members of the forum with a certain post count from requesting at your shop. The post count requirement helps with the amount of requests that you will receive over a given time. Having at least a post requirement of 25-50 is needed at every shop. From my long time in the creativity sections and owning a shop, fresh spawns have always had the highest chance of breaking the rules. They also have a high chance of leaving the forum and causing your work to go to waste.

There are 2 things that you need to consider when creating this.
    How active you are and your design skill level.
    If you don't have a lot of time on your hands your going to want to set a higher post requirement. This new section is going to have a lot more foot graphic so we're going to have a lot more requests.
    Your design skill is another important thing to consider. Forum members will want designs from the best designers since they are all free. This can cause way to much work for the best designers and cause new designers shops to die.
    Last edited by thecoolkyle; March 27th, 2017 at 04:43 PM.

An old designer.
    Dont click here

Crediting your designs

Want to spread the word of your designs? Asking the people who request at your shops to credit you is a great way! For those who don't know what this is, crediting is when you ask the people you made something for to include a link to your shop or profile in their sigs or threads they are using it in. Doing this can help increase the flow of requests in your shop and can also make you look better.
    Last edited by thecoolkyle; March 27th, 2017 at 04:49 PM.

An old designer.
    Dont click here

Setting up your request format

A request format can help make sure that you understand what the requesters are asking for. Without one shops in the past have gotten very confusing and undetailed requests.

Here are some examples..

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolkyle View Post

Sigs

Text:
    Theme:
    Render:
    Other:

Banners

Text:
    Theme:
    (Thing I can add you fill out rest of you want them in there):
    Clan tag:
    Subtext:
    Render(s):
    Other:

Profile pics

Render:
    Theme:
    Text:
    Other:
    Last edited by thecoolkyle; March 27th, 2017 at 04:44 PM.

An old designer.
    Dont click here

Keeping the section clean.

This is mainly for the mods since even having these rules won't stop spam from permanently coming in.
    In order to help keep Shop threads on the first page spam threads are not acceptable and need to be deleted not closed. The creativity section has died over time do to the constant spam of threads that belong in other sections. Unlike other sections of the forum, spam doesn't have as much of an impact and only stays on the first page for a very short time period. In this section spam can stay on the first page for days, especially since this section is only shops unlike the creativity sections.
    Last edited by thecoolkyle; March 27th, 2017 at 04:44 PM.

An old designer.
    Dont click here

Breaking the rules

In the past this has been one of the more disputed topics....
    Most of the time this is what people have done when someone breaks a rule.

• Not crediting, pm a mod and tell them the situation.

• Breaking the global rule, banned from all shops.

• Not following the request format, no consequences just tell them that they need to fill it out.

• Requesting without enough posts, no consequences just tell them to request at another shop or when they reach the requirement.
    Last edited by thecoolkyle; March 27th, 2017 at 07:42 PM.

An old designer.
    Dont click here

Request from one artist at a time....
    Last edited by Killercheese; March 27th, 2017 at 03:39 PM.

Youtube channel|MY AMA|#SavetheForums|Signature shop|
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew00m View Post
    I'm a th11 in champs, if anyone has a cool car, hot girlfriend/wife, or any money there not using shoot me a pm.

On a green ball called Earth or Maybe tennis
    Any way you can add only sig shops and sig req threads rule as it seems like some people are posting other threads unrelated to sigs

This seems fun, I could bring my designs from other forums I've been. I've been lurking quite a bit here recently.
    ビープ音レタス

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolkyle View Post
    Creating your own shop rules.

Creating your own rules is one of the most important things to do. Rules can help keep you sane, and help the flow of requests from forum members.

Setting up a post count requirement

Setting up a post count is always needed in shops. A post count requirement stops certain members of the forum with a certain post count from requesting at your shop. The post count requirement helps with the amount of requests that you will receive over a given time. Having at least a post requirement of 25-50 is needed at every shop. From my long time in the creativity sections and owning a shop, fresh spawns have always had the highest chance of breaking the rules. They also have a high chance of leaving the forum and causing your work to go to waste.

There are 2 things that you need to consider when creating this.
    How active you are and your design skill level.
    If you don't have a lot of time on your hands your going to want to set a higher post requirement. This new section is going to have a lot more foot graphic so we're going to have a lot more requests.
    Your design skill is another important thing to consider. Forum members will want designs from the best designers since they are all free. This can cause way to much work for the best designers and cause new designers shops to die.
    No rules in ma shop makes things feel to tight I like free easy acsess for all don't care if you have 0 post count
    IDEA / MR ALL CAPS MAN
    Check out my SIG shop :https://goo.gl/vk2wHg
    My YouTube channel:https://goo.gl/kYeYYT

Credit:
    Shinsuke-s-Strong-Styled-Signature-Shop#SONICS BACK