Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 87

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Removal of sell option

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    4,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    Removing is also the only 100% way to make sure such accidents don't happen. In the end, there really is not much long term benefit from selling a functional building.

    I too can predict bashing But like I've said before, we need to focus on the big picture. If the upsides of removing the selling button is bigger than the downsides of keeping it, we will change it. Even if it causes bashing

    Also, bashing is not the correct way. What we are doing now (discussing) is much, much better.
    -Removing a minor feature for the benefit of the many, people will get over it. Will bash but will move on eventually.
    -Adding cost to troop upgrade, prior to the update, we have been gathering millions of wasted elixir so it isnt really a big deal but after the update. Uh oh, let's see.
    -The loot system right now. Maybe it hurts right now since there are very few high level players than low levels th owners which maybe the reason for the shortage of resources. Maybe in the long run, when there are more and more th8 owners, this might become normal. We are like BETA testers now, so challenge accepted. The only problem is how long are we supposed to wait?
    -Supercell working on something. CAN'T WAIT!

    After all "The real challenge in this game is our own patience."

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    94
    @rauta: implementing the switch in the settings and disabling it by default (= no building selling possible) is also 100% coverage. If player overrules, no complaints or request should be taken into account.

    removing buildings is part of the tactics of this game imho. So far my feedback... On this point.

  3. #13
    Junior Member Carlossamuel01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    92
    Yes please, remove it! my daughter(2 years old) sold my barracks lvl8 and my elixir storage lvl8!!!!

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Rauta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by P4TR1C14N View Post
    @rauta: implementing the switch in the settings and disabling it by default (= no building selling possible) is also 100% coverage. If player overrules, no complaints or request should be taken into account.

    removing buildings is part of the tactics of this game imho. So far my feedback... On this point.
    Appreciate the feedback. As you can see, there is still already a confirmation window when you try to sell things. Even with that, some accidents still happen. For these cases we can't do anything, but not taking them into account is not an option either. While a switch would definately help, it still wouldn't be 100% coverage and as we scale up from here, we might theoretically end up with the same volume these accidents as we have now, whereas removing it alltogether will make sure such accidents don't happen.

    And if selling buildings is a valid tactic in the game, then perhaps that is something we need to look into separately, as this is something we would not like to encourage. Part of the defense design has always been trying to prioritize what you want to defend in a situation where you never can defend all.

  5. #15
    Super Member mediapluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    And if selling buildings is a valid tactic in the game, then perhaps that is something we need to look into separately, as this is something we would not like to encourage.
    Selling items that you don't need at the moment for quick cash, even at a large penalty, then buying it back later when you need it, is a valid strategy. It happens in real life. It's called a pawn shop.

    It seems like Supercell was thinking the same thing when they put in in there, otherwise they would have given 0% back instead of 10%.

    It really seems like once Supercell has said they're "considering" something, there can still be discussions, but really they've already made up their mind. Next time, if you've already made up your mind, just say so.

    Isn't there any amount of logic and rationale that could convince you to keep the Sell button? What needs to occur in order to keep it? Can you make it happen? I challenge you to be creative.
    Last edited by mediapluck; October 18th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Clan Leader of The Bullies clan. "We need your gold more than you do."

    Join the Clash of Clans community blog at COCBLOG.COM.

  6. #16

    It's in the works to stop that too..

    Quote Originally Posted by mediapluck View Post
    Selling items that you don't need at the moment for quick cash, even at a large penalty, then buying it back later when you need it, is a valid strategy. It happens in real life. It's called a pawn shop.

    It seems like Supercell was thinking the same thing when they put in in there, otherwise they would have given 0% back instead of 10%.

    It really seems like once Supercell has said they're "considering" something, there can still be discussions, but really they've already made up their mind. Next time, if you've already made up your mind, just say so.

    Isn't there any amount of logic and rationale that could convince you to keep the Sell button? What needs to occur in order to keep it? Can you make it happen? I challenge you to be creative.
    And mediapluck if you read routas other post..that is first in line for their next update is to stop selling of buildings..so there goes that idea.

  7. #17
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    178

    Removal of sell option

    Can you give a full listing of changes at least a day in advance please. I want to know before the update and before the removal of sell option so I can sell buildings if needed. That or will you offer the service to remove them since some people can't control their kids or follow confirm prompts when selling.

  8. #18
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    106
    Remove sell option!? That would be horrible, people now only use it as a last resort f.i. If you don't want your town hall leveled because an update ruined it. It even takes half of the cost! But it is essential it says for many reasons.

  9. #19
    Super Member KrellX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    977
    I apologize for my ignorance but why do people want to sell their functional buildings? Not being sarcastic here I'm just really curious about the reasons behind...

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Rauta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyidolz View Post
    Remove sell option!? That would be horrible, people now only use it as a last resort f.i. If you don't want your town hall leveled because an update ruined it. It even takes half of the cost! But it is essential it says for many reasons.
    You're talking about cancelling an upgrade. The post is about selling functional buildings.

    I moved the posts from the other thread here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •