Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Removal of sell option

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

Removal of sell option

We are removing the Sell button in the next major version. Frankly, it's much more trouble than what it's worth. We get a lot of feedback from players who accidentally sold something or that their kids sold their buildings. While we acknowledge that it has been used in some tactics and strategies, we believe that removing it will result in a better overall experience for our players in the long run.
    Last edited by Rauta; October 23rd, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Removal of sell option

Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    Ouch! I would never recommend selling the collectors. Even if you main source of income is raiding, the collectors should always be working and pumping more gold and elixir.

By the way, we are removing the Sell button in the next major version. Frankly, it's much more trouble than what it's worth.

Are you removing the Sell button for just buildings? Do you know how hard it is to rearrange a base with max decorations? I've had to sell some then re-buy after the slide-puzzle fiasco.

I know we aren't in the idea board, but are you looking at a storage type of place for decorations/bombs/traps (buildings wouldn't really work as you posted a few times). Rearranging is tough right now.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    Are you removing the Sell button for just buildings? Do you know how hard it is to rearrange a base with max decorations? I've had to sell some then re-buy after the slide-puzzle fiasco.

I know we aren't in the idea board, but are you looking at a storage type of place for decorations/bombs/traps (buildings wouldn't really work as you posted a few times). Rearranging is tough right now.
    That's another problem, separate from the others. Of course, you should never have to sell anything to rearrange your base.

EDIT: I see what you mean now. You will still be able to sell decorations, but not functional buildings.

..... their kids sold their buildings.
    LOL, my son almost did this last night. He's 2&1/2 and LOVES watching me play this game.

BB

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bbodega View Post
    LOL, my son almost did this last night. He's 2&1/2 and LOVES watching me play this game.

BB
    I know it sounds silly, but with the volume of players we have, there really are tons of these cases People then contact us and we have to say to them to that "Sorry, there is nothing we can do. Don't let others sell your buildings".

Ouch! I would never recommend selling the collectors. Even if you main source of income is raiding, the collectors should always be working and pumping more gold and elixir.

By the way, we are removing the Sell button in the next major version. Frankly, it's much more trouble than what it's worth. We get a lot of feedback from players who accidentally sold something or that their kids sold their buildings.
    Keep the sell button, just add the switch in options like I've suggested before, or put it in the options outside the app to make it even harder. People like options. It adds more strategy to the game. Removing the sell button is easy, so maybe do that temporarily, but put it back with an option in the next release.
    Clan Leader of The Bullies clan. "We need your gold more than you do."

Join the Clash of Clans community blog at COCBLOG.COM.

Banned

By the way, we are removing the Sell button in the next major version. Frankly, it's much more trouble than what it's worth. We get a lot of feedback from players who accidentally sold something or that their kids sold their buildings.
    Maybe it's in my personality to bend "rules" or not go with the "norms" which made me do it. May seem strange to some but my "FUN" is there. I'm an architect and what I love most about this game is the ability to design my "floorplan". And being strategic in the process. I fell in love the moment I saw the game offers you unlimited ways to go wild on your creativity. And the "competition" I believe is phenomenal. So I rushed my town hall to 8 so I get more walls. It's like I bought a new lego pack to add to my design. It hurt me most when it back fired on me which resulted to my 3 day revolt. But since you guys started talking. I feel good now.

You are taking away the "Sell" option... Hmmm... Interesting... Time to think of a new design!

Thanks for the info.

Banned
    can we change the sell button to a downgrade?

at least that way it won't be too bad if it is accidentally sold. I mean there is a confirmation button to tap as well.

@rauta: removing the feature is the easy way. You should keep the sell feature as it has its added value in this game... Pedrolee his post is the best example. You should enhance the feature to prevent as much as possible 'mistakes'. Why not implement following:
    - add in settings menu a switch to put selling on or off. Up to user then and Easy to implement!
    - add second pop up confirmation when trying to sell a building.

Please reconsider your intentions. I can predict bashing if you remove it.

Regards.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by P4TR1C14N View Post
    @rauta: removing the feature is the easy way. You should keep the sell feature as it has its added value in this game... Pedrolee his post is the best example. You should enhance the feature to prevent as much as possible 'mistakes'. Why not implement following:
    - add in settings menu a switch to put selling on or off. Up to user then and Easy to implement!
    - add second pop up confirmation when trying to sell a building.

Please reconsider your intentions. I can predict bashing if you remove it.

Regards.
    Removing is also the only 100% way to make sure such accidents don't happen. In the end, there really is not much long term benefit from selling a functional building.

I too can predict bashing But like I've said before, we need to focus on the big picture. If the upsides of removing the selling button is bigger than the downsides of keeping it, we will change it. Even if it causes bashing

Also, bashing is not the correct way. What we are doing now (discussing) is much, much better.