Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing the condition to get a star

Banned

Changing the condition to get a star

There are a few problems with the game, but here is one that I think many players want a fix

Problems:
    1. Whether you get 50% or 99%, you are given the same rewards in war, a 2 star. Given the low skill level required for a 50% and the vastly higher skill level required for the 85%, you are exactly the same in war.

2. Low TH easily getting 1-2 star off a higher TH level. What's more infuriating than you unable to 3 star your own TH level? The lower TH level able to scrape a 2 star from a much stronger base and getting the same results as your hard earned 80%

3. Disunity between war players and pushers. War players think that pushing is just patience, 1 stars and no skill; while pushers don't want anybody to 3 star their bases.

Here's my simple solution:
    Changing the condition of getting the star from 50% to 70%.

This applies in every war attack and every attack after 3100 cups (or 4000). If you check your recent war log (in a TH10/11 clan), you'll probably see that by doing this, there will always be a clear winner based on who are better attackers on average if the goalpost is moved to 70%

3100 cups is because it is the last hurdle before reaching Champs and the 2000 gems, so raising the difficulty ceiling for this makes sense. Why not 3200? Because like how the current MM works, I foresee that players will abuse the system by going to champs 3, then dropping below 3200 and getting easy 50% wins for loot bonus

Of course, it would be unfair to raise the difficulty then not increasing rewards. So above 70%, your loot bonus is increased for 2% per percentage destruction you get.

71% destruction - 102% bonus
    80% destruction - 120% bonus
    100% destruction - 160% bonus
    This only applies to Champs 3 and above, not for Masters 1

This will also make it that pushing is not a child's game and makes it such that you will need to really think through each and every attack. 50% is just a matter of dropping drags in the right places, even spam laloon can easily get 50% no problem. So making it 70% will force players to increase their skill level or be relegated to lower leagues.

Why do I want this change?
    Its actually from one of the clans I'm residing in. We war with TH9s to TH11, what we always do is let the TH9s easily 2 star all their TH10s, TH10s easily 2 star all their TH11s then finding the right places to get the 3 star (TH10 attacks dipping and TH11 dipping) and easily securing the win. Our bases are engineered, offensively and defensively, but still our TH9s with lvl4 drag, 0/0 or 0/5 heroes can easily get 2 stars from most TH10 we face

Banned
    I can't agree with this. I find the current system is fine as is. I would rather keep the town hall as a star and 50% as a star, as if we removed the town hall from granting a star, it would be nearly impossible to push past certain points for un-maxed players due to the difficulties of hitting bases stronger than your forces can handle for more than a few seconds.

I also can't agree with raising the requirement from 50% to 70%. It has nothing to do with player skill, simply whether or not you even have the hero level and troop levels to even hit a base in the MM in the first place. This kind of change would decimate players in new TH brackets and cause chaos, and for absolutely no reason.

It would also wreak havoc on players at TH8/TH9 forced to hit TH9-TH10/TH11 players due to those being by a huge margin the most common ones in the league. Pushing would be completely impossible unless you already very far into the game and a mid to late 9, at minimum, and were about maxed on your heroes and troops. Your essentially killing literally everyone who hasn't spent a year and a half or more in the game already from playing it.

If anything, I'd be alright with a 4 star system, as long as the current win conditions were still met, as in, you only need a single star to "win" in the MM, and a star can still be given when you take a town hall, reach 50%, or "70%" as you wish, and 100%. But simply relegating it to 70% instead of 50% would simply cause far too many issues for it to be worthwhile.

All this idea does is force people to quit the game. Something I don't think is a good idea. Sorry.

Besides, there's already incentive to try to hit the 70% marker in the MM, since 70% is the cutoff point where you get 100% of the loot bonus in your given league, which given were talking champions + leagues, is substantial. People will already undoubtedly know how to or be trying to reach that marker regardless of any other bonus for this reason alone. No other change is necessary.
    Last edited by Iydris; March 24th, 2017 at 06:23 AM.

Wrong Subforum.
    Still I like the idea.
    Inshort : More than 70% in an attack in Champ |||+ gives more than the league bonus.
    /Chief VS\
    Kudos to Plank for My Logo and Dharamraj for SigPic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat
    Only base Lach can 3 star is a defenseless base.

The Not So Sneaky Ninja N1NJ4W4RR10R's Avatar
    Maybe?

Though I'd move the bar higher, otherwise itll hurt those who farm in champs. Otherwise, it's not a terrible idea (IMO). Thay said, offence needs a buff before this could be plausable. I dont see pushers getting 2 stars with just 30 seconds to prepare with the current state of offence (which would just make it that extra bit harder to push).
    Click here to see my youtube channel. Make sure to read the description for the info I cant fit here.
    Looking to join a clan where wars dont stop, a clan with some great people
    always around to chat? Check out the Forum Goat Herd, the best place to be!
    Thanks to evertonjeff for the awesome sig pic and avatar!!!

Forum Veteran
    It takes quite a bit of skill for a th10 to 2 star a max th11 unless the th11 is giving up their town hall cheaply. Whilst it is definitely happening it's not the certainty you make it out to be. If this is happening regularly in your clan then be grateful as it increases your chances of winning wars. If happening to you then perhaps look at a new base design.

I don't agree with your proposals as a result.

Pro Member
    Whether it's 4 star system or set the 2 star above 70% i really support this change for purpose to distinct the current 2 star attacker clearly.

Many logic reason have been stated and to change this rating system and i always expected sc change it on every update.

I've seen many internal clan matter related to this rating system, include mine.
    There is a lot of ppl who just spamming only and never take effort to learn tactical attack. They spam and they get 2% with low percentage, and they claim they're good enough and refuse to corrected their way of attack while his clanmate, co leader or leader a 2 star attacker with high percentage with a fair chance to 3s try to give an advice to sharpen their att, they just act indirectly like; who are you, you're just a 2 star attacker same like me, percentage never take into consideration for them. Not to mention, i can't expect them to do dip attack because they'll irritates me with 2s dip attack. You can't boot them as they reach the standard of 2s but their percentage is the matter to make war win struggle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iydris View Post
    I can't agree with this. I find the current system is fine as is. I would rather keep the town hall as a star and 50% as a star, as if we removed the town hall from granting a star, it would be nearly impossible to push past certain points for un-maxed players due to the difficulties of hitting bases stronger than your forces can handle for more than a few seconds.

I also can't agree with raising the requirement from 50% to 70%. It has nothing to do with player skill, simply whether or not you even have the hero level and troop levels to even hit a base in the MM in the first place. This kind of change would decimate players in new TH brackets and cause chaos, and for absolutely no reason.

It would also wreak havoc on players at TH8/TH9 forced to hit TH9-TH10/TH11 players due to those being by a huge margin the most common ones in the league. Pushing would be completely impossible unless you already very far into the game and a mid to late 9, at minimum, and were about maxed on your heroes and troops. Your essentially killing literally everyone who hasn't spent a year and a half or more in the game already from playing it.

If anything, I'd be alright with a 4 star system, as long as the current win conditions were still met, as in, you only need a single star to "win" in the MM, and a star can still be given when you take a town hall, reach 50%, or "70%" as you wish, and 100%. But simply relegating it to 70% instead of 50% would simply cause far too many issues for it to be worthwhile.

All this idea does is force people to quit the game. Something I don't think is a good idea. Sorry.

Besides, there's already incentive to try to hit the 70% marker in the MM, since 70% is the cutoff point where you get 100% of the loot bonus in your given league, which given were talking champions + leagues, is substantial. People will already undoubtedly know how to or be trying to reach that marker regardless of any other bonus for this reason alone. No other change is necessary.
    That's the entire point, lower THs should not be entitled to push. Lower THs should not be able to hit higher THs easily. What is the point of progression if I can get the same result regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by Vs100 View Post
    Wrong Subforum.
    Still I like the idea.
    Inshort : More than 70% in an attack in Champ |||+ gives more than the league bonus.
    There wouldn't be any discussion in other parts of the forum. That's why this is here

Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4W4RR10R View Post
    Maybe?

Though I'd move the bar higher, otherwise itll hurt those who farm in champs. Otherwise, it's not a terrible idea (IMO). Thay said, offence needs a buff before this could be plausable. I dont see pushers getting 2 stars with just 30 seconds to prepare with the current state of offence (which would just make it that extra bit harder to push).
    It will help champs farmers because loot bonus is increased if you are a good attacker

Quote Originally Posted by gristy View Post
    It takes quite a bit of skill for a th10 to 2 star a max th11 unless the th11 is giving up their town hall cheaply. Whilst it is definitely happening it's not the certainty you make it out to be. If this is happening regularly in your clan then be grateful as it increases your chances of winning wars. If happening to you then perhaps look at a new base design.

I don't agree with your proposals as a result.
    Good, a TH10 should not be able to scrape the same result as a fully maxed TH11. A TH11 should be able to get 2 stars with skill and 3 stars with mastery. A TH10 needs perfection to get 2 stars on a TH11, that is fair

Quote Originally Posted by fladeva View Post
    Whether it's 4 star system or set the 2 star above 70% i really support this change for purpose to distinct the current 2 star attacker clearly.

Many logic reason have been stated and to change this rating system and i always expected sc change it on every update.

I've seen many internal clan matter related to this rating system, include mine.
    There is a lot of ppl who just spamming only and never take effort to learn tactical attack. They spam and they get 2% with low percentage, and they claim they're good enough and refuse to corrected their way of attack while his clanmate, co leader or leader a 2 star attacker with high percentage with a fair chance to 3s try to give an advice to sharpen their att, they just act indirectly like; who are you, you're just a 2 star attacker same like me, percentage never take into consideration for them. Not to mention, i can't expect them to do dip attack because they'll irritates me with 2s dip attack. You can't boot them as they reach the standard of 2s but their percentage is the matter to make war win struggle.
    Yes, then wars wouldn't be all about the 3 stars, skilled 2 stars work as well. Then we are in the right step in balancing pushing and warring, one where people wants to see 0/1 stars, the other where people want to see a distinction in skill

Oh my... terrible idea imo AND wrong subform

May I just remind OP that clash is a tablet game ...for entertainment...played with yer fingers bashing upon the screen ...

This pseudo elite game play you been trying to push for what seems to be decades now is simply ridiculous.
    The notion of 'lower ths shouldn't be able to...' is complete and utter nonsense. This division of 'elite' players and 'casual' players, or whatever you call who in your eyes is a substandard player in any case, is just childish and unnecessary.
    But I did chuckle at your idea of a 160% bonus.... entitlement generation, yes?

You want skilled gameplay? Get a consol.

Th12 - le chat nu !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

I am in legends, 70% on max th11 for 1 star.......

Hell No to that...

I am using Qw with gobova, 4 rage 1 freeze 1 jump 1 poi,

even if QW gets EA and few more defences, still getting 70% on a max base is tough.

Do Fc on 10 different bases(max th11), you will get your answer.. 70% on max th11, 10 out of 10 times, aint happenning.. Few Players would do that...
    Th 12 AccountsThe Bhairava>65/65/40||Akhand Bharat>65/65/40||Surgical Strike>24>25/38>39/40

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Oh my... terrible idea imo AND wrong subform

May I just remind OP that clash is a tablet game ...for entertainment...played with yer fingers bashing upon the screen ...

This pseudo elite game play you been trying to push for what seems to be decades now is simply ridiculous.
    The notion of 'lower ths shouldn't be able to...' is complete and utter nonsense. This division of 'elite' players and 'casual' players, or whatever you call who in your eyes is a substandard player in any case, is just childish and unnecessary.
    But I did chuckle at your idea of a 160% bonus.... entitlement generation, yes?

You want skilled gameplay? Get a consol.
    +1 to this too
    Th 12 AccountsThe Bhairava>65/65/40||Akhand Bharat>65/65/40||Surgical Strike>24>25/38>39/40