Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were to change cards' Rarities...

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a Lady. I'm a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareX View Post
    I'm afraid the main argument here is that raising a card's rarity is nerfing it, whilst lowering its rarity is buffing it. Cards like the Royal Giant are mainly identified for being 'overpowered' because of the low difficulty in upgrading a common, compared to rares and epics. Epic cards have always been awkwardly balanced because they appear as super powerful cards when they are first obtained, being closer to tournament standard than commons at level 1. However, the lack of epics obtained and the low reliability in obtaining them makes them ineffective in higher-level play.

Cards like the furnace are very harsh on the ladder. I have dedicated leveling to my furnace, getting it to level 8. The journey to level 9 is a long one but will ultimately change the card from being a defense which can support my tanks to being the ultimate chip card which scares the opponent when they try to block it or even approach it.

Cards like the furnace, royal giant, clone and sparky need revising to be fair with or without leveling differences. Higher-leveled cards should be more powerful but furnaces doing no/mass damage depending on a single level is far too drastic. Cards like the royal giant obtain a lot of health from a single level, making them way too tanky for their role in a slightly unbalanced level battle.
    Furnace with 1 level difference making it usable or not is a symptom that a card needs revising.

You give good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizar View Post
    ​Replies in red
    Nice thread for furnace. But a bit frustrating seeing your thread combined with a previous one. I hope more people see that.
    Favourite Card: Miner | Favourite Arena: Bone Pit

Quote Originally Posted by KoKoLady View Post
    If you were given a chance to change some of the cards' rarities, what cards would you change?

For me:

Royal Giant to Rare: The problem with this card is when Overleveled. Too powerful at lower arenas. If we compare this to other Overleveled Commons, this card just give you an almost instant win. Making this card a Rare can control overleveling. Look at Hog Rider, he's rare, that's why we do not often see some Hog overleveled. Imagine if Hog was Common, that's devastating.

Ice Golem to Epic: He's balanced. But what I'm really concerned of is his existence in the game. It gives too much value for 2 elixir. Kiting ground and air troops to the other lane is too much. At least, making him as an Epic can control leveling, thus also controlling HP advantage

Furnace to Epic: Don't get me wrong, but this card is not what the game is supposed to be. This card do a lot of damage when left alone. You have to drop something to soak up the damage unless you bring some defensive building or tombstone. Its lifetime/HP is insane.

Rocket to Epic: For a heavy direct damage spell that is Rare is a big NO. Making him an epic will give us some another perspective about leveling it just like lightning.

Clone to Rare: Clone is a unique concept for a card. But having it as an Epic limits the usage of it. Making it Rare will give us broader range of Leveled cloned cards.

Tornado to Common: I barely see this card in the game. Changing it to common, it can take advantage of overleveling strategy.

Sparky to Epic: A unique card. But only useful in certain trophy range. Making it Epic can be an advantage for her. Making her useful at all trophy range.

Agreed w/ RG.

Ice golem is fine as is.

epic for furnace doesn't mean a nerf, plus it has chip at same level, not overlevelled.

rocket/clone switch don't do anything.

tornado doesn't do anything.

sparky, again, OP at lower arenas, making it worse.
    PM me for Clash advice: Base critique for TH8/9|TH9 29/30|TH9 27/27|TH7

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    Sometimes I want to smash my head into a wall after checking the forums. I don't know how mods survived this long on the forums.
    Awesome sig made by KingKappa, who unfortunately is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by KoKoLady View Post
    So you mean a Baby Dragon + Inferno Tower = Inferno Dragon? A tornado has special characteristic / unique ability where you cannot see to other cards but is an Epic rather than a Legendary.

They also changed Mini Pekka and Prince's rarity as far as I remember.
    Lol he is actually right you know. And also aren't all spells released in the game unique? Lava Hound is a flying tank that Spawns pups when he dies, Princess is the only long ranged shooter that cannot get hit because of her range, Ice Wizard has the unique slow down ability that can slow down troops, thats why they are legendaries, because they are really unique. Witch's spawning ability, Prince's charge, Bowler's pushback effect, they are all somewhat unique ideas, but other cards can have those unique ideas too.
    But I think that RG should be a rare. A tank that shoots really far, and does chip damage? That should not be a common.

I agree with royal g, ice golem, furnace and sparky

eBarbs & RG to rare

Clone to 2 Elixir

Rest are okay as is

Quote Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
    Lol he is actually right you know. And also aren't all spells released in the game unique? Lava Hound is a flying tank that Spawns pups when he dies, Princess is the only long ranged shooter that cannot get hit because of her range, Ice Wizard has the unique slow down ability that can slow down troops, thats why they are legendaries, because they are really unique. Witch's spawning ability, Prince's charge, Bowler's pushback effect, they are all somewhat unique ideas, but other cards can have those unique ideas too.
    But I think that RG should be a rare. A tank that shoots really far, and does chip damage? That should not be a common.
    I get what you're talking about. Legendaries because of Unique abilities. And that was also how SC introduce Legendaries. But with some cards that has unique abilities released this past few updates but not legendary, the term Unique for Legendary is not utilize anymore. Look at Electro wizard, a wizard with zap. If you're seeing the trend of these cards, you'll get my point.

Ebarbs to rare, and for the sake of the forums, might as well make RG a Legendary.
    | Bmille3 | Level 10 | Best: 3900+ | 11,000+ Donations |
    Have you ever wondered who has the most posts on the forums? Find out right here. Also, check out my latest idea. Need a deck? Try this great one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmille3 View Post
    Ebarbs to rare, and for the sake of the forums, might as well make RG a Legendary.
    lol
    10lol

I think when log and bowler first came out log should've been the epic and bowler a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotnuthin View Post
    I think when log and bowler first came out log should've been the epic and bowler a legendary.
    Log has proven itself to be Legendary, and the Bowler is pretty underused.
    | Bmille3 | Level 10 | Best: 3900+ | 11,000+ Donations |
    Have you ever wondered who has the most posts on the forums? Find out right here. Also, check out my latest idea. Need a deck? Try this great one.