Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Talks: Royal Giant

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Developer Talks: Royal Giant

Hi peeps!

The Royal Giant is undoubtedly the most controversial of all the cards in the game. Now you already know how I personally feel about him - but what do the big boys over at Supercell think of him? If you read on, I hope to enlighten you. The team is super busy at the moment polishing off the last update (bug fixes), but I did manage to squeeze a little conversation in with their busy schedule.

First off - the Team wants you guys to know they are very aware of all the discussions going on about the Royal Giant, and that people have long been calling for a nerf. So he is definitely on their radar, and they often talk about him in the team huddles.

Interestingly enough, as beefy as he is - his usage rates actually quite low. If you take a step back and look at the game as a whole he's not a big problem. And when looking at usage/win rates - he is not overpowered or overused in challenges/tournaments either. The only time when they see him being a problem - is in overleveling. Which only really crops up around the 4500+ range where people upgrade him and push a lot with him. This puts them in a tough spot, where if they nerf him it may help on the overleveling side of things, but then on the flip side he may become unusable at lower trophy counts.

So for the mean time - our big cannon shooting friend is to remain as he is. But they are always looking at his stats, watching and reading our comments, and discussing internally.

-Lach

On another note: Developer Q&A returns next week, and I hope to bring more of these card discussions with the developers to you guys as well.

Oooooooh!

Thanks, Lach!

Find your daily CAT MEME HERE!
    Making the forums a
    better funnier place!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    Hi peeps!

The Royal Giant is undoubtedly the most controversial of all the cards in the game. Now you already know how I personally feel about him - but what do the big boys over at Supercell think of him? If you read on, I hope to enlighten you. The team is super busy at the moment polishing off the last update (bug fixes), but I did manage to squeeze a little conversation in with their busy schedule.

First off - the Team wants you guys to know they are very aware of all the discussions going on about the Royal Giant, and that people have long been calling for a nerf. So he is definitely on their radar, and they often talk about him in the team huddles.

Interestingly enough, as beefy as he is - his usage rates actually quite low. If you take a step back and look at the game as a whole he's not a big problem. And when looking at usage/win rates - he is not overpowered or overused in challenges/tournaments either. The only time when they see him being a problem - is in overleveling. Which only really crops up around the 4500+ range where people upgrade him and push a lot with him. This puts them in a tough spot, where if they nerf him it may help on the overleveling side of things, but then on the flip side he may become unusable at lower trophy counts.

So for the mean time - our big cannon shooting friend is to remain as he is. But they are always looking at his stats, watching and reading our comments, and discussing internally.

-Lach

On another note: Developer Q&A returns next week, and I hope to bring more of these card discussions with the developers to you guys as well.
    Awesome! It's nice to know SC is on top of things.

RG, is not OP. Like they said, he's just overleveled.

It comes down to the phrase, "it is what it is."

Thanks for getting this info for us!

This should probably be in the other sub forums too so we can get less threads on nerfing the RG.
    Last edited by SirGut; March 15th, 2017 at 11:10 PM.

Worshipping at the temple of the Sparky Goddess
    Well this was interesting... thanks for the comment on the rg

Credit to DragonX101 for the sig!
    Check out his sig shop
    here and give him some support!
    Check out my Clash Royale clan
    here and my Clash Of Clans' clan here!

Banned
    THANK YOU... Finally someone who knows some facts.

Nice thread, glad to hear they are listening... I think he is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post

Sneaky sneaky white text!

Find your daily CAT MEME HERE!
    Making the forums a
    better funnier place!

Forum Veteran
    Interesting thread, thanks lach!

This is why he should've just been a rare or even epic at release. He's just way to OP when overleveled. Glad to know SC understands the issue

Thanks SONICBOOMsmash for the amazing sig pic

IGN: VegansAreKing | Level: 12 | Clash Royale PB: 5333 | 75/75 Cards
    Clan: Barbübians, Tag: #QUOYOLO
    My Clash Royale Stats

Nice, I completely agree and its always good to reinforce the fact the at the devs are listening to their user base.

Credit to thecoolkyle for the awesome sig.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-s-Design-Shop

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast