Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Tom?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    56

    Tom?

    I'm a level 42, I haven't been playing for that long, so I need some Tom-tips. I've seen posts like this but the most recent was from 2013. Does anyone have suggestions/tips/tricks to make the most out of Tom in 2017?

  2. #2
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulTaker981 View Post
    I'm a level 42, I haven't been playing for that long, so I need some Tom-tips. I've seen posts like this but the most recent was from 2013. Does anyone have suggestions/tips/tricks to make the most out of Tom in 2017?
    The current Tom tricks as I know them are as follows:

    If you don't like what he comes back with, select "none". He will rest a little and send him again until he brings back a higher amount.

    If you have trouble remembering when he will be ready, plant one crop field with indigo at the same time you send him off. Put the crop field where you can see it easily and when you see it is ready, Tom will be too. Send Tom, harvest the plot field, replant, repeat

    If you plan to hire Tom for more than 1 day and you want to always have the discount Tom available, don't collect whatever you send him for last. I have Tom waiting with saws for me, but I don't want to hire him again just yet. When I do collect the saws, the discount deal will come up.

    If you just have Tom for 1 day to stock up on, say, axes and saws, do just axes and saws. Don't get distracted by boat or other needs and you will have a great supply when the day is out.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  3. #3
    Forum All-Star BL4CKN1GHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussypuss View Post
    The current Tom tricks as I know them are as follows:

    If you don't like what he comes back with, select "none". He will rest a little and send him again until he brings back a higher amount.

    If you have trouble remembering when he will be ready, plant one crop field with indigo at the same time you send him off. Put the crop field where you can see it easily and when you see it is ready, Tom will be too. Send Tom, harvest the plot field, replant, repeat

    If you plan to hire Tom for more than 1 day and you want to always have the discount Tom available, don't collect whatever you send him for last. I have Tom waiting with saws for me, but I don't want to hire him again just yet. When I do collect the saws, the discount deal will come up.

    If you just have Tom for 1 day to stock up on, say, axes and saws, do just axes and saws. Don't get distracted by boat or other needs and you will have a great supply when the day is out.
    so if i send tom to get some saws, and he comes back with 4, and i decide to send him back, he'll come back with more? (6 plus?)

    only play royale now. Level 13 88/88 Clan: Avant Gaming

  4. #4
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKN1GHT View Post
    so if i send tom to get some saws, and he comes back with 4, and i decide to send him back, he'll come back with more? (6 plus?)
    I have never seen him bring only 4, however, if he comes back with 7, I may say no and send him back for more. The max he will bring back is 9, so I prefer 8 or 9.

    You can say no as many times until he brings back the amount you want.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKN1GHT View Post
    so if i send tom to get some saws, and he comes back with 4, and i decide to send him back, he'll come back with more? (6 plus?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wussypuss View Post
    I have never seen him bring only 4, however, if he comes back with 7, I may say no and send him back for more. The max he will bring back is 9, so I prefer 8 or 9.

    You can say no as many times until he brings back the amount you want.
    It took me ages to have the courage to say "none of them" to Tom; I was worried that he would rest for two hours! In reality, he rests for only two minutes before being ready to try again.

    The only problem I encounter is if if distract myself during those two minutes, and forget to send him again...
    Last edited by Cowslips; March 16th, 2017 at 06:31 AM.

    Hay Day level 174 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51


  6. #6
    Forum All-Star BL4CKN1GHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    It took me ages to have the courage to say "none of them" to Tom; I was worried that he would rest for two hours! In reality, he rests for only two minutes before being ready to try again.

    The only problem I encounter is if if distract myself during those two minutes, and forget to send him again...

    same! I got scared when he went rest, but the realised it was for only 2 minutes. What are good things to ask Tom for?

    only play royale now. Level 13 88/88 Clan: Avant Gaming

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKN1GHT View Post
    same! I got scared when he went rest, but the realised it was for only 2 minutes. What are good things to ask Tom for?
    I use Tom to meet shortages; I hire him for just one day when I know I will be able to send him for stuff regularly.

    Until recently there was a general shortage of saws (that seems to me to have been tweaked now), so they were high on my list. I usually send him for pickaxes so that I have a good supply for mining tasks. Blankets are also high on my list, as I always struggle to get enough feathers.

    If you are short of coins, a good technique is to send him for items of high value, and then sell them at full price. People do that with blankets if they are level 59 or above; lower levels use diamonds rings.

    I usually send him for at least one set of rings, as that makes me feel as though I have offset the cost of hiring him!

    What i don't do, though, is use him for short-term items, for example, to fill a boat. If a boat needs difficult items I send it off unfilled.

    That's just my way of using Tom, of course. Others will use him differently - there are no right and wrong answers.
    Last edited by Cowslips; March 16th, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

    Hay Day level 174 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51


  8. #8
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKN1GHT View Post
    same! I got scared when he went rest, but the realised it was for only 2 minutes. What are good things to ask Tom for?

    If you need coins, the best value is blankets... I will buy <3
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  9. #9
    Forum Elder Dinner07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,056
    Tom is so expensive! !

    You all speak like you know a cheap Tom.


    - dinner (tomless)

  10. #10
    Forum All-Star BL4CKN1GHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,129
    blankets? Haven't found them yet! I'm sending him for saws and axes to clear my land.

    only play royale now. Level 13 88/88 Clan: Avant Gaming

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •