Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A new way to measure a product's value: Fixed Order Value

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

some smalle considerations

Great post! I accidentely got here by investigating the particularities of candy. This confirmed my intuitve way in using the roadside shop and truck on which I want to make a small comment.

RSS
    When one is interested mostly in coins, truck orders usually are a bad idea, since the RSS can be considered as the approximately 200% - 0% variant of the from 50% - 150% to 150% - 50% ranging randomness on the fixed order values of the truck (not including jewelery and candy).

jewelery and candy
    This way of using randomness in the truck-orders makes it a good idea fulfilling the truck-orders that enlarge the largest of the two (money and xp) fixed-order values. In general terms this means accepting orders that are biased towards xp for candy, orders that are biased towards coins for jewelery, and nothing in particular for the rest. This becomes very clear with an example of two different truck-order boards:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    example:
    board 1: board 2:
    (biased toward strength) (biased against strength)
    2 diamond rings 2 diamond rings
    3584 coins 1408 coins
    225 xp 585 xp
    2 chocolate 2 chocolate
    143 coins 333 coins
    1277 xp 547 xp
    Tot: 3727 coins, 1502 xp tot: 1741 coins, 1132 xp
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

This shows that when selling jewelery with the truck, it pays off to wait for the orders biased towards coins, and when selling candy with the truck, it pays off waiting for orders with bias toward xp.

Another argument for only doing truck orders towards the bias of their respective strength:
    if you want xp from jewelery, you get more xp from the ingrediŽnts of the jewelery than the jewelery itself.
    if you want coins from the candy, you can get more coins from the ingrediŽnts than the candy itself.

in the shop
    Also both items should not be sold in the shop (unless you are in desperate need of space):
    for jewelery you get more coins doing the truck order than you get in the shop
    for candy you get more coins from the ingrediÍnts then from the candy itself.

in the town
    The particularities of the items makes it smart to upgrade the xp in the cinema (these sometimes require candy) and to upgrade the money in the gift-shop (these sometimes require jewelery).

Thanks. Truly, I was discussing this with my hood today. I said I would do research and you have done it all. Thanks so much, awesome job.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; August 14th, 2019 at 11:32 PM. Reason: No swearing, even in Spanish

Fantastic thanks, really interesting and answered quite a few questions I had about the town. Was getting a bit frustrated at the low prices and wondering if I was wrong to use it so much-time to start expanding the buildings again!

Wow, speedy delivery, as a fellow numbers nerd I am incredibly impressed with your attn to detail and precision. That took alot of work and info logging. Definitely a must read for anyone wanting to make the most of the game.

LUCY - All The Little Squids
    Last edited by Njoylife10; August 19th, 2019 at 02:17 AM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Njoylife10 View Post
    Wow, speedy delivery, as a fellow numbers nerd I am incredibly impressed with your attn to detail and precision. That took alot of work and info logging. Definitely a must read for anyone wanting to make the most of the game.

LUCY - All The Little Squids
    Sadly, the OP has been inactive for more than a year.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread